RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,571
Posts: 5,514,417
Members: 25,150
Currently online: 509
Newest member: kingkane

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 16 2012, 01:37 AM   #16
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Living Arrangements


Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 04:50 AM   #17
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral
 
Jolly Old Krampus's Avatar
 
Location: Gryffindorian
Re: Living Arrangements

Kestra, I don't know. I'd like to think my brother and I have outgrown pettiness. There was a time when he and I fought like cats and dogs, but that seemed like ages ago--when we were kids. As adults, we've developed mutual respect, but I have my bad days and this is probably just one of those.

MacLeod, I don't really get soaked in sweat when I'm sleeping, but I'm diabetic so I have a tendency to sweat more. I just don't feel "fresh" in the morning--bad breath, messy hair, etc.--so I can't leave the house without first taking a shower.

T'Girl, creepy idea, but I might suggest that to him if he keeps running over my shower time.

I would like to add "Petreus' Sex Scandal" to that.

UPDATE:

I sent him a private message on Facebook, and if he doesn't get it, I'll be posting the same message on his wall.

Bro, can you please let me know what your schedule is like for the week? I used to get up at 6:55 a.m. to take a shower, but the traffic on 880 has been so bad lately. I've been late coming into work several times when I leave around 7:30. I have to leave the house no later than 7:15 so that I don't get stuck in traffic. Thanks!
__________________
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Jolly Old Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 06:08 AM   #18
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Living Arrangements

Gaith wrote: View Post

Hey! Shows not broadcast in HD is a real problem right up there with hunger, rape and cholera!

Seriously, the OP should quit using all the hot water first thing in the morning and this issue would sort itself out.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral
 
Jolly Old Krampus's Avatar
 
Location: Gryffindorian
Re: Living Arrangements

^ LOL!
__________________
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Jolly Old Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 02:08 AM   #20
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Red nosed and loving it
 
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Location: Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
Re: Living Arrangements

You live in a house with 2.5 bathrooms. What's the problem with you using the other bathroom when your brother is taking a shower in the one you normally use?
__________________
Captain Ice is now Captain Stoned. - KM
You are too straight to be a floral designer. - da Bunny

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 04:13 AM   #21
Pete Schweddy
No one can resist my Schweddy balls!
 
Pete Schweddy's Avatar
 
Location: the 4th hanson bro
Re: Living Arrangements

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post

I sent him a private message on Facebook, and if he doesn't get it, I'll be posting the same message on his wall.

Bro, can you please let me know what your schedule is like for the week? I used to get up at 6:55 a.m. to take a shower, but the traffic on 880 has been so bad lately. I've been late coming into work several times when I leave around 7:30. I have to leave the house no later than 7:15 so that I don't get stuck in traffic. Thanks!
You sent him a Facebook message after you talked to him or instead of talking to him?
__________________
-"bro is right (take note of that, because I'll probably never say it again )" - Orac Zen
-"Treasure my ass!" - star
-"I want medical science to advance sufficiently so that I can bear your offspring." - Holdfast to me.
Pete Schweddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 04:36 AM   #22
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral
 
Jolly Old Krampus's Avatar
 
Location: Gryffindorian
Re: Living Arrangements

Captain Ice wrote: View Post
You live in a house with 2.5 bathrooms. What's the problem with you using the other bathroom when your brother is taking a shower in the one you normally use?
Oh, nothing at all. But I would prefer to use the one i've always had within my own schedule and allotted time.

the 4th hanson bro wrote: View Post
Gryffindorian wrote: View Post

I sent him a private message on Facebook, and if he doesn't get it, I'll be posting the same message on his wall.

Bro, can you please let me know what your schedule is like for the week? I used to get up at 6:55 a.m. to take a shower, but the traffic on 880 has been so bad lately. I've been late coming into work several times when I leave around 7:30. I have to leave the house no later than 7:15 so that I don't get stuck in traffic. Thanks!
You sent him a Facebook message after you talked to him or instead of talking to him?
I had sent the message before I talked to him.
__________________
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Jolly Old Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 05:00 AM   #23
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: Living Arrangements

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I had sent the message before I talked to him.
The point is the same, and your pointing out the typo just further illustrates how childish you're being about your situation. You're resorting to social media instead of having a conversation with someone who lives in the same house as you.

Living with people means that their circumstances will change, oftentimes due to reasons outside of their control. You said that you share ownership of the home, meaning they have just as much right to the facilities of the home as you do. Deal with it.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 05:31 AM   #24
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Living Arrangements

Captain Ice wrote: View Post
You live in a house with 2.5 bathrooms. What's the problem with you using the other bathroom when your brother is taking a shower in the one you normally use?
The same reason the Borg didn't use their time travel device while at home, then assimilate Earth in the past: otherwise there'd be no movie/thread.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 05:50 AM   #25
teacake
Fleet Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Living Arrangements

Gaith wrote: View Post
Captain Ice wrote: View Post
You live in a house with 2.5 bathrooms. What's the problem with you using the other bathroom when your brother is taking a shower in the one you normally use?
The same reason the Borg didn't use their time travel device while at home, then assimilate Earth in the past: otherwise there'd be no movie/thread.
You just explained every bit of drama mongering in fiction and out.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 11:08 AM   #26
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: Living Arrangements

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
^ Beginning tomorrow, I'll post my schedule on the bathroom door.
Didn't think real life Sheldon's exist.. i'm proven wrong
__________________
"Zhu Li Moon.. will you do the thing for the rest of our lives?" Varrick
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 02:42 PM   #27
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Red nosed and loving it
 
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Location: Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
Re: Living Arrangements

Timby wrote: View Post
Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I had sent the message before I talked to him.
The point is the same, and your pointing out the typo just further illustrates how childish you're being about your situation. You're resorting to social media instead of having a conversation with someone who lives in the same house as you.

Living with people means that their circumstances will change, oftentimes due to reasons outside of their control. You said that you share ownership of the home, meaning they have just as much right to the facilities of the home as you do. Deal with it.
This. Living with people means that you have to be adaptable. Your brother has just as much right to that bathroom as you do. You are faced with a choice. You either learn to use the other bathroom when your preferred one is occupied in the AM, or you learn to get up and use the restroom earlier.
__________________
Captain Ice is now Captain Stoned. - KM
You are too straight to be a floral designer. - da Bunny

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 02:48 PM   #28
Relayer1
Rear Admiral
 
Relayer1's Avatar
 
Location: The Black Country, England
Re: Living Arrangements

What's a half a bathroom - the one outside ? How is it a 'half' ?
__________________
Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...
Relayer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 04:01 PM   #29
slackbladder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: Living Arrangements

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Perhaps you and your brother could just shower together? I understand it saves water.

this.
you should do this.
slackbladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2012, 04:19 PM   #30
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses
 
The Festivus Awakens's Avatar
 
Location: Locutus of Bored
Re: Living Arrangements

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I sent him a private message on Facebook, and if he doesn't get it, I'll be posting the same message on his wall.

Bro, can you please let me know what your schedule is like for the week? I used to get up at 6:55 a.m. to take a shower, but the traffic on 880 has been so bad lately. I've been late coming into work several times when I leave around 7:30. I have to leave the house no later than 7:15 so that I don't get stuck in traffic. Thanks!
Yes, post your shower schedule on your brother's Facebook wall. Gooooooood.

__________________
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
The Festivus Awakens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.