RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,694
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 727
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 15 2012, 10:42 PM   #481
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Take a drink every time they do a DCU name drop.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 11:59 PM   #482
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

The Glades was dropped this week too.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 12:40 AM   #483
stj
Rear Admiral

The discovery that Diggle the moral center is the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man was a little depressing. They can write nonsense about how Hoodie can detect so much easier and faster but Diggle's insistence that Hoodie go after the bank robbers was pretty trite. Then he rolled over on Oliver's offer of amnesty. Then he industriously endorsed Hoodie for doing nothing wrong. Why should we care about this guy's opinion? Because he's a working stiff? Hopefully all the fatuous crap posted about Diggle and Hoodie's moral arc will be gracefully forgotten.

Still, seeing Thompson and Amell in the same scene was good.
Old November 16 2012, 01:59 AM   #484
NrobbieC
Commander

Not going to lie - I liked the feel-good ending, it was an aww moment. Whoever was in charge of casting deserves an award themselves.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 02:20 AM   #485
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

That Royal Flush kid shot a cop.

I'm not sure I understand the kid gloves and mercy?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 02:59 AM   #486
JD
Admiral

In the scene in the police station did the one cop say something about not wanting to hear about a red cape? I swore that was what I heard, but like I said in my previous post I was off and on the computer so I might have misheard.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 03:23 AM   #487
NrobbieC
Commander

I thought it was not wanting to hear about red tape...
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 03:58 AM   #488
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If there's a Red anything spoiling Oliver's groove, it's gotta be the Red Hood.

Of course whether that means a prequel to the Joker or Jason Todd is anyone's guess.

But yes, "Red Tape" sounds perfectly within context.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 04:24 AM   #489
JD
Admiral

NrobbieC wrote: View Post
That makes more sense in the Arrow world.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 05:07 AM   #490
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^I went to Arrow World once, it's right next door to Spatula City.
Old November 16 2012, 11:04 AM   #491
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

JD wrote: View Post
NrobbieC wrote: View Post
That makes more sense in the Arrow world.
Yeah it was red tape, it was followed by a comment about cutting through it.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 01:35 AM   #492
Captain Dago
Fleet Captain

My wife and I got started and caught up on this show in the past week, thanks to the CW website and Xfinity's On Demand. We're liking it fairly well. I was never a huge fan of Green Arrow during my comics reading days although I enjoyed the odd issue or crossover, so I don't have too many preconceptions. Seems to me that this young Arrow could very easily develop into the socially conscious Oliver Queen of the '70s.

Coincidentally, we watched the Royal Flush Gang episode right before switching over to a show we're checking out on BBCA, Copper. And lo and behold... From a gun-totin' minor to a Major. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0772704/

Captain Dago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 02:11 AM   #493
Agent Richard07
Admiral

The Huntress episode has aired.

As usual, the guy has his judgment impared by a pretty girl. If a man had done what Helena did, Ollie would have taken action. There was also no chemistry between them. If there was anything there, I didn't pick up on it. Ollie has found his "Catwoman", but the actress playing her didn't impress me.

I also got the sense that if Detective Lance ever finds out about Ollie being a vigilante, it'll happen after he's come around to either liking him or siding with the crusade.

And in other news, I got issue #1 of Arrow. DC has started up a monthly title based on the show.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 02:58 AM   #494
Eduardo
Commander

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
And in other news, I got issue #1 of Arrow. DC has started up a monthly title based on the show.
That's probably a collection of the Arrow digital comics, up to 8 now (including a special zero issue)

Could you confirm it by checking the previews for the issues? I wonder if it includes 1-6, 0-6 or something like that.

http://www.comixology.com/Arrow-2012/comics-series/8643
Old November 29 2012, 03:39 AM   #495
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The Huntress episode has aired.

As usual, the guy has his judgment impared by a pretty girl. If a man had done what Helena did, Ollie would have taken action. There was also no chemistry between them. If there was anything there, I didn't pick up on it. Ollie has found his "Catwoman", but the actress playing her didn't impress me.

I also got the sense that if Detective Lance ever finds out about Ollie being a vigilante, it'll happen after he's come around to either liking him or siding with the crusade.

Funny, but I liked the actress they got for Huntress. Granted, she's not as beautiful as Helena is usually drawn in the books, but she showed the kind of edge that I would expect from someone playing the character. The actors playing her father and his top henchmen I didn't particularly care for. The dad, he was okay, but I wish that the henchmen overacted just a tad too much.

As for chemistry, I don't think Amell has much chemistry with anybody, though he has gotten better with many of the characters/actors in his immediate circle.

I did like the reveal for Barrowman's character. Perhaps he will be the real dark archer, or either Tommy's going to go to the dark side to kill his dad to get his trust fund back.

How is Arrow #1? I was thinking about picking it up.
DarKush is online now   Reply With Quote