Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 4 2012, 04:21 PM   #61
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

There's definitely a lot going on. That's all well and good, as long as it comes together in the end.

The girl laughed at his penis, so he cut her legs off. That seems fair. Doc's got a serious Madonna/Whore thing happening.

The phone call from the girl Sister ran over was pretty cool.

Does anyone else think:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2012, 04:58 PM   #62
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
They're using so many different elements this season and that's making me more interested. I liked last season but I got bored sometimes because it seemed lie nothing was happening. This season just doesn't really slow down at all. I love it this season though with so many elements being used what are they going to do next season?
Next season will see a group of hippies and their dog encountering ghosts and sea monsters along a strip of surf beach in California.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2012, 08:42 PM   #63
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
There's definitely a lot going on. That's all well and good, as long as it comes together in the end.

The girl laughed at his penis, so he cut her legs off. That seems fair. Doc's got a serious Madonna/Whore thing happening.

Does anyone else think:

It is entirely possible. He's one of the few free people who can walk in and out of the asylum.

I was so sleepy last night and must've dozed off, so I need to rewatch the episode. It was interesting to see Grace's past since little was known about her background. As it turned out, she did kill her family member, contrary to what she had said to Kit in the beginning. This made Kit question his own sanity, or is it just a ploy?

The Anne Frank character is really good. I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Arden himself was a Nazi, especially considering what he's been doing to the patients, Shelley being his latest experiment. I hope he gets what he deserves.
Old November 9 2012, 12:20 AM   #64
kolibri
Lieutenant Commander

The Anne Frank thing kind of shocked me. I just couldn't believe they did it. It seems so...tacky. But I kind of like it. It's hilarious in a weird way.

Sarah Paulson was fabulous in the last episode, too. The therapy scenes were extremely disturbing, more than I think anything else I've seen this season. I had to pause it and walk away for a minute. Definitely Emmy worthy.
kolibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2012, 07:09 PM   #65
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Up until this episode Quinto's character seemd to be the most stable of the character but in this episode he's starting to creep me out. The aversion/conversion therapy was creepy as hell. He seemed to be enjoying it a bit much. In his scene with Kit he was trying to convince him of his guilt in the Bloody Face murders he seemed off. I just got a weird vibe from him. Could he be Bloody Face?

Good casting on the younger version of Dr. Arden...that actor looked a lot like a young James Cromwell.
Old November 12 2012, 07:45 PM   #66
JoeD80
Captain

Good casting on the younger version of Dr. Arden...that actor looked a lot like a young James Cromwell.
That's because it was James Cromwell's son.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 08:27 AM   #67
Kaestra
Fleet Captain

1001001 wrote: View Post

Does anyone else think:

Kaestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 09:06 AM   #68
kolibri
Lieutenant Commander

Is it bad that...

kolibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 09:54 AM   #69
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I pretty much guessed who Bloody Face was last week but I wasn't totally sure about it then during this week's episode it seemed obvious who Bloody Face was going to be judging by who the episode focused on. Plus he was giving out creepy vibes in every single scene before the reveal.
Old November 15 2012, 06:54 PM   #70
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I wonder if we'll see more "mystery" characters in future season. In Season One, the question was, "Who was Rubber Man?" This season is about Bloody Face. I never would've guessed who he truly was if not for the speculations discussed in this thread.

It would be interesting to see if Dr. Arden was in fact revealed to be a Nazi criminal. The Nazi hunter that Sister Jude consulted said that Arden was supposed to have some tattoo on his arm to confirm his background, but we never saw that last night. The episode was bizarre in a way; it almost had a sense of finality to it (like a bad ending of sorts). Kit was picked up when he made a taped confession (bad move). Sister Jude, thinking her career was finished, left the asylum in a haste, went into a bar, and had a one-night stand with a stranger (can nuns really do that in real life?). Poor Lana fell right into the hands of the person least likely to be suspected of being a serial murderer.
Old November 15 2012, 06:59 PM   #71
sonn
Lieutenant

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
It would be interesting to see if Dr. Arden was in fact revealed to be a Nazi criminal. The Nazi hunter that Sister Jude consulted said that Arden was supposed to have some tattoo on his arm to confirm his background, but we never saw that last night.
sonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 07:37 PM   #72
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I guess we've seen that picture before (in Anne Frank's flashbacks, etc.) If that was indeed Arden, why not use that as evidence against him?
Old November 15 2012, 07:44 PM   #73
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
Yeah, I guess we've seen that picture before (in Anne Frank's flashbacks, etc.) If that was indeed Arden, why not use that as evidence against him?
Because "Anne Frank" was crazy, so nobody, not even Sister Jude, is taking her accusations seriously anymore. And "Anne Frank" was lobotomized, so she's in no position to try to prove anything . . . . .

Chances are, that photo is just going to get thrown into the trash with the rest of her Holocaust clippings.
Old November 15 2012, 08:22 PM   #74
Rhaven
Captain

I pretty much guessed who Bloody Face was last week but I wasn't totally sure about it then during this week's episode it seemed obvious who Bloody Face was going to be judging by who the episode focused on. Plus he was giving out creepy vibes in every single scene before the reveal.
I had an OMG moment when they focused on the lamp shade. In fact, I had to rewind and watch it again. Then the mint bowl and I knew who Bloodyface was.
Old November 15 2012, 08:56 PM   #75
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Quinto is really good at playing a serial killer and BF is way scarier than Sylar ever was.