Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 14 2012, 11:29 PM   #586
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
BBW
Well there's a new usage for that acronym
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 06:15 AM   #587
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
I think just Rick is the harbinger of death. The hilltop group was doing just fine until they brought Rick back.

Even before that, the group searching for provisions was put in extreme danger by helping Rick.
Walkers would have discovered the hilltop group at some time; they wander around until they "sense" the living, so that original camp was not going to last forever.

At the farm, only one person is responsible for the walker herd getting the upper hand: Shane. If shane did not spilt the group on a set up to kill Rick, imagine how a unified group would have handled that herd. Even if they had to flee, I doubt anyone would have dies, since no one would be waiting for others to show up/wonder if they were dead, etc.

So, I just do not see Rick being the agent of survivor misery, as one was fate, the other the end result of a psycho's master plan.

Last edited by TREK_GOD_1; November 15 2012 at 04:29 PM.
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 06:18 AM   #588
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
His hallucinatory state could then extend to the phone, assuming it's not the Verizon guy.
I had this sudden image of that guy running down the road with a phone, being pursued by zombies but stopping every few steps. "Can you hear me now? Good!"
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 06:37 AM   #589
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

throwback wrote: View Post
I think that Rick's group is stronger than the Governor's group. The former group is more cohesive, more fluidic, and has greater endurance. The nature of this group lends itself to greater cooperation.
Yeah. Rick's group--when ignoring Shane--was run on trust. The Governor's is run on fear and unspoken threats, as you say:

Of the two, I say that Rick's group will out survive the Governor's group. From what little I understand of the comics, this is exactly what happened.
Who really trusts the Governor at all? "His" people seem to be sheep waiting for slaughter the moment the gaurds vanish, or another group gains the upper hand in a fight.
Old November 15 2012, 04:07 PM   #590
throwback
Captain

Did anyone get a chance to read the Governor's notes? I remember one line where he mentioned that crime had increased 20%.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2012, 04:31 PM   #591
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

throwback wrote: View Post
Did anyone get a chance to read the Governor's notes? I remember one line where he mentioned that crime had increased 20%.
I wonder of it is real crime--or crime as he sees it in his "new order," which could be anything that walks out of step with his ultimate control...
Old November 15 2012, 11:22 PM   #592
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I think he said something about "heads will roll."
Old November 16 2012, 11:08 AM   #593
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Zombie head bowling?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 04:32 PM   #594
Tom
Rear Admiral

I read the notes (love my hd tv!) thought it was interesting.
Old November 16 2012, 05:21 PM   #595
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

In a population of less than 100 people that's been established for less than a year, you can't figure out things like realistic trends in crime rates.

Oh, you can count the numbers and make the charts — but one person could commit one crime and noticeably skew the numbers. So they don't mean much.

Unless you're paranoid.

No, I don't think we're talking real crimes here.
Old November 16 2012, 07:18 PM   #596
Scout101
Admiral

Or they're 'staged' things to give the Governor some cover for whatever he wants to do, keep the people a LITTLE on edge so he doesn't lose the fear that keeps him unquestioned in power, etc.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 08:09 PM   #597
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Right, but if they're staged, we're certainly not talking real crimes.

Even if they're real, the statistics have very little significance for the reasons I mentioned. In a community of that size, you're not going to say "crime rates are up 20%", you're going to say, "Joe stole a can of Spam." Same thing.

If you want to keep the people on edge, you don't report rising crime rates. You say, "Joe is no longer with us because he was plotting and had to be dealt with."

The only way the actual statistic numbers will be significant to the Governor is if he's both obsessive-compulsive and paranoid (which we agree is probably true). But the only way they'll have meaning to the people is if they're farther gone than he is (brainwashed, paranoid, drinking the Kool-Aid).

Otherwise when they hear a 20% increase, they'll just laugh and say, "Oh, you mean when Joe stole the Spam?" He couldn't keep any credibility spouting things like that.

So either these numbers are the Governor's private fantasy (which I believe is the case), or these people have serious mental issues.

Maybe Woodbury is the name of a psychiatric ward.
Old November 16 2012, 08:55 PM   #598
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Lori is dead. Dead in the comic. Dead on the show. Dead in interviews. Bloated walker gut full of Lori. End of story. Move on. Frankly, I'm gonna miss T-Dog more
Amen

And wouldn't it remove the power of that episode if she was still alive? No, doesn't make sense for them to slam us with a powerful episode and death like that, only to rip it away later and remove that emotion and make it invalid. It makes sense that she's dead, and the scene remains emotional, and powerful, and had meaning. It would be like a reset, and I hate resets.

She's dead.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 09:04 PM   #599
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

She may be dead, but she could still be undead.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2012, 09:08 PM   #600
Scout101
Admiral

If it helps, the actress thinks she's done and have moved on. Not to say it's impossible to have someone else in zombie makeup, but why woud they when she'd be willing to do it herself.

She's done, let's not drag out crazy theories that we know are false. She was bleeding out, Carl shot her, zombie ate her. Pretty much end of the line there...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote