Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 14 2012, 02:27 AM   #571
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

My favorite character is Glenn, but frankly, I'd be much more comfortable with this group, if Daryl would have some confidence in himself & just be the leader. He's honest, he's fair, & he's much smarter than I think he credits himself. I get the feeling Carol would probably agree
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 04:28 AM   #572
throwback
Captain

I think that Rick's group is stronger than the Governor's group. The former group is more cohesive, more fluidic, and has greater endurance. The nature of this group lends itself to greater cooperation. Of the two, I say that Rick's group will out survive the Governor's group. From what little I understand of the comics, this is exactly what happened.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 12:55 PM   #573
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was awesome!

I know some have mentioned the ambiguity of Lori's death, but I think she's dead. My friend thinks the phone ringing is just Rick's delusion and he'll hear Lori's voice again.

It seems like the Governor has his little brain trust, but I wonder how much the doctor and Merle etc actually know.

The preview for next week kinda made it seem like the two groups would converge, but perhaps that was just the way the preview was cut.

Daryl is so awesome, he just gets shit done.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 02:20 PM   #574
Mojochi
Commodore

Lori is dead. Dead in the comic. Dead on the show. Dead in interviews. Bloated walker gut full of Lori. End of story. Move on. Frankly, I'm gonna miss T-Dog more
Old November 14 2012, 03:33 PM   #575
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

That Walker was no where near bloated enough to have eaten all of Lori. And where were her bones? T-Dog had at least three Walkers chowing down on him and they still found his remains. My money is on Lori coming back as a Walker at this point.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 04:53 PM   #576
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
Someone on the CNN website commenting on the show had an interesting thought:

Lori really is still alive at this point. They kind of gave it away on the after show called "The Talking Dead". After a cast member is killed off and is permanently off the series, they give them a cast party. They have for each of the major cast members killed off. They did for T-Dog but not for Lori. Those that say Carol rescues her are probably correct. Or both may show up on the Season Finale as walkers. Either way, both characters and actors are still officially part of the series (Lori and Carol).
This comment on CNN is in error. Kirkman has already said that they had a joint going away party.

Lori is dead.
I was thinking about this. Wouldn't it be kewl if they had faux funerals instead of a party that turned into a party for the dead cast characters?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 04:54 PM   #577
Caligula
Vice Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
That Walker was no where near bloated enough to have eaten all of Lori. And where were her bones? T-Dog had at least three Walkers chowing down on him and they still found his remains. My money is on Lori coming back as a Walker at this point.
There's nothing to show that the walker we saw was the only one who chowed down on Lori's corpse. Just that he would appear to have gotten the lion's share and was too full to stand up afterwards. As for where her bones went, well... I have no answer to that one.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 04:55 PM   #578
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I was thinking about this. Wouldn't it be kewl if they had faux funerals instead of a party that turned into a party for the dead cast characters?
what?
Old November 14 2012, 04:57 PM   #579
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Lori is dead. Dead in the comic. Dead on the show. Dead in interviews. Bloated walker gut full of Lori. End of story. Move on.
She's probably hanging out with Mace Windu somewhere.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 06:05 PM   #580
Mojochi
Commodore

Caligula wrote: View Post
TheSeeker wrote: View Post
There's nothing to show that the walker we saw was the only one who chowed down on Lori's corpse. Just that he would appear to have gotten the lion's share and was too full to stand up afterwards. As for where her bones went, well... I have no answer to that one.
Agree, & likely continued to be dragged off & dismembered

If I recall correctly, at least one or two of T-Dog's dinner guests were gunned down whilst in mid-munch. Had that not happened, we might never have caught up in time to see any of his remains either
Old November 14 2012, 06:54 PM   #581
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

I've missed a few pages so forgive me if it's been brought up, but I'm half-thinking that the bloated walker WAS Lori, and Rick's addled state kept him from seeing her as one.

Her body's abdomen would still have been distended after the birth and if Carl had been unable to shoot her, zombie Lori could have reanimated and dragged herself to a sitting position (which seemed to be where the blood trail led) where Rick ultimately found her. His subconscious would have made her look like a walker unable to walk with a belly full of Lori, and he re-killed it accordingly.

His hallucinatory state could then extend to the phone, assuming it's not the Verizon guy.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 08:38 PM   #582
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Except we've seen that new walkers don't decompose that fast. Just look at Shane when he turned. He practically looked the same.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 09:31 PM   #583
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

I understand that. Furthermore, Big Belly Walker was male and dressed differently. I'm saying that Rick, in his crazy beserker state, saw BBW instead of zombie Lori. Thus, he shot zombie Lori and stabbed her multiple times without knowing it.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 09:49 PM   #584
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

If that were the case I think there would have been a visual cue for the audience.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 09:59 PM   #585
Caligula
Vice Admiral

The fact that the walker's belly wasn't cut open (at least prior to Rick stabbing the hell out of it) is a dead giveaway that it wasn't Lori.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote