Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old November 13 2012, 06:57 PM   #2746
T J
Commodore

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

40% patched! Can't wait to unleash my Chimera on S7!
Old November 13 2012, 07:01 PM   #2747
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

branflakes got people curious. Apparently there will be another unknown ship be released with season 7 that is not a lockbox ship, not a c-stor ship. It will be a fed ship, it will NOT be the Ambassador and it will be part of a special promotion linked to the community.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 07:03 PM   #2748
T J
Commodore

Tier 5 Connie! 0.01% chance to get from a special Latinum Lockbox that needs 5 keys to open!
Old November 13 2012, 07:15 PM   #2749
apoagathos
Ensign

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9908/
Could this be the secret ship that will be released?
apoagathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 07:25 PM   #2750
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I'm looking forward to S7, mainly because not long from now, I will be able to get my Ambassador class.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 07:44 PM   #2751
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS

T J wrote: View Post
40% patched! Can't wait to unleash my Chimera on S7!
I have not tried mine yet How is that ship anyways?
(Not sure if to give it to my Tac or Eng toon..both would be good options, though)

I am looking forward to try the season 7..and check the reputation system in action.
The Vesta-class is interesting also.
Always happy to see new content in the game
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 07:46 PM   #2752
T J
Commodore

My Chimera is a little fire starter! Tried it on my Sci and Tac captains. I die... very little.
Old November 13 2012, 08:49 PM   #2753
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Oh man, New Romulus looks awesome!
Old November 13 2012, 09:40 PM   #2754
DarkHorizon
Captain

Well, the front page now looks like that godawful Valor MMO whose ads pop up all over the net, just with a Starfleet uniform on...
Old November 13 2012, 10:19 PM   #2755
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

Getting a crash to desktop even after trying a force verify. Not entirely sure whether to reinstall from scratch or retry...
Jim Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 11:06 PM   #2756
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Hope you get everything working. So far, I have been very impressed with what they've done. It feels like WoW, but with Star Trek, which is all I've ever wanted. Add this to me getting my Ambassador class when it's released, and I will be one happy Trekkie.
Old November 14 2012, 11:36 AM   #2757
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

After reviewing all the stealth changes Cryptic has made today, I only have one serious complaint:

Shifting ALL item drops AND dilithium to OLD fleet actions WITHOUT even updating them to make them interesting again.

Thank You Cryptic, you've guaranteed very few players will be playing Hive Onslaught or Into The Hive.
Old November 14 2012, 01:37 PM   #2758
Scout101
Admiral

How about pretending there would be DIL in the STFs, all the way through Tribble testing, and then just not including that when it goes live? Nice little con job there.

I dunno, think i'm starting to lose interest in this game again. They just don't have anything FUN in here anymore, and the changes and updates just seem more mean-spirited now than helpful. It's a boring grind, and they don't even want to hide it. Feels like they know it's going south, and want to see how much they can squeeze out of it before everyone bails.

Can't remember the last time I was really excited about this game, but think it was towards the first run of the 3-4 FEs. Things were on a big high note, they were churning out content, things were good. Then they took a year off, and things weren't really the same after that...

And then we get the unusual combination of excuses that they are understaffed whenever they are asked about something, and bragging that they just doubled their staff whenever anyone questions their financial stability. Kinda like how they told us they have dedicated staff that are just writers, so just because they haven't released missions doesn't mean work isn't going on there. Then after the year of hell, those missions don't actually come out. What was that guy doing again?

Game is just WORK now, there's no fun or excitement. Go do X, grind DIL, then grind Y for rep points, then do mindless activity Z for Fleet Marks. Boring, repetitve, no challenge, no story. And they've essentially killed most of their endgame with the Rep system. STF as least were good for reliable DIL, junk loot to sell for EC, and a challenge if nothing else. And of course the carrot of maybe getting tech, but at least getting salvage to equip ships and BOFFs with decent Mk XII gear. Now, it's just Omega Marks. You pour them into the rep system, and quickly max out. Get your extra skills, but whatever tech you didn't manage to get on every toon after running it 1000 times before, and then what? Why would you ever play a STF again after that? You'd be literally getting nothing, and wasting your time. Way to think that through...

SW:TOR is going free on Thursday, think I'm going to check that out. Not that their system is guaranteed to be any better, might even be worse, but it'll be NEW, and those DEVs haven't made a history out of disappointing and/or (usually and) lying to me.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 01:46 PM   #2759
Scout101
Admiral

Just for fun: Syberghost, you're in the know with the Cryptic staff. How do THEY think Season 7 went over? Excited about it? Compared to other ones, this feels like a quiet, 'get it over with' launch. Like they KNOW they're fucking us, and just want it to be done with so we can all move on...

Just seems shocking that a whole new season launch is going over with this big a thud. No excitement, angry players, not even a splashscreen on the loader announcing the damn thing happened. (Still trying to sell us DOFF packs instead. Important, as they just made getting them in-game more expensive so that we'd buy these for cash). Only positive in a sea of negative changes is I guess we got a pretty new map to grind on. Same repetitive missions, rep system, another resource sink in the embassy to have to do MORE grinding on, but hey, it's new content, right? Right?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 03:22 PM   #2760
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Scout101 wrote: View Post
SW:TOR is going free on Thursday, think I'm going to check that out. Not that their system is guaranteed to be any better, might even be worse, but it'll be NEW, and those DEVs haven't made a history out of disappointing and/or (usually and) lying to me.
In TOR you can't even do endgame if you're a free player. At all; only subscribers can do the raids.

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Just for fun: Syberghost, you're in the know with the Cryptic staff. How do THEY think Season 7 went over? Excited about it? Compared to other ones, this feels like a quiet, 'get it over with' launch. Like they KNOW they're fucking us, and just want it to be done with so we can all move on...
I've been on kind of a break awaiting the new content, and they've been doing their usual "too busy to talk right before the launch, and then everybody's taking a break right after", but I'll try to get some impressions as people start coming back into communication again.

One thing that's happened is that it's already destroyed my fleet; the other "anchors" of our base progression have left for a larger fleet, and I can't make up the difference without spending cash, which I'm already at my self-imposed limit on, so I'm probably going to be taking my main into a new fleet soon.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote