Movies and tv series with realistic gunfights.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Drago-Kazov, Nov 1, 2012.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Wounds are the main thing that TV plays down/gets wrong - people recover pretty much all the time from shoulder wounds with no permanent lost of mobility and leg wounds are even worse - you get hit in the wrong place in the leg and you'll bleed out pretty quickly.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Covert Affairs was especially bad with this a few weeks ago. One of the characters takes a gunshot that damages her heart, yet within what can only be depicted as less than 2 weeks, the character is back to doing field ops. A wound like that in real life would have led to a desk job for at least six months if not permanent.

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

How could i forget. Last Resort had some realistic gunfights. Especially the one against teh Spetznatz operatives.

4. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Movies get suffocating someone wrong, as well. It takes about five minutes to suffocate someone, yet the movies depict it lasting less than a minute. The most realistic for me of an attempted suffocation was in the Bond flick, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. In the end, Bond couldn't kill the henchman, so he had to resort to another means of dispatching him.

One thing I learned from watching crime documentaries is just how hard it is to kill someone. Though you may get that one stabbing or that one shooting that may down a human, it is really you being lucky.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, that & the time that ammo lasts for...

6. magarity

magarity Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Definitely the most realistic shootout ever was in Grosse Pointe Blank when John Cusack and Dan Akroyd were on either side of the kitchen counter.

OK, that was just some comic relief ; couldn't help myself.

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    There's a Japanese gangster film I saw (Violent Cop? Hana-Bi?) which had pretty good shoot-outs. Totally unlike HK/John Woo style. Short, sharp, staccato, random. Gun cracks rather than foleyed booms.

8. Drago-Kazov

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I know Miami Vice is NOT the place to go for realistic gunfights, but there was one episode where I saw Crockett do a fast mag change on the run that really impressed me.

Come to think of it, the Vice episode "The Glades" had (IMHO) a pretty believable one-man house-clearing scene.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a great gunfight on Homeland this week. Automatic weapons > pistols for sure.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    What do people think of the Heat gun fight?

12. Drago-Kazov

It was a great movie, but i honestly don't remember the gunfights.

13. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

the gun fight scene in "The Watch" with Ben Stiller. the mos realistic ever made

14. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Band of brothers .The sheer randomness on the battlefield was perhaps the most scary aspect of the whole thing.High velocity shots zipping through the air...yikes!

15. Drago-Kazov

Didn't they take out to many tanks in the series compared to the real historical record?

16. SonOfMogh

SonOfMogh Commander Red Shirt

I liked a scene in the 2nd season of The Walking Dead when Hershel shot a guy and he didn't instantly die. He kind of rolled around on the ground in agony pleading for help, he later went on to get eaten by zombies which was less realistic.

17. Drago-Kazov

I just discovered an 8 ep series called The Kill Point, it has some pretty realistic gunfights.