IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old November 12 2012, 06:45 AM   #451
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Today's Broncos game gave much to be optimistic about. First and foremost, the defense continues to be dominant. The Panthers offense was getting slaughtered. There were lots of Supermen flying around, and none of them were named Cam. Miller was a one-man wrecking crew today.

Trindon Holliday is scary good on returns.... but hopefully the coaches thoroughly smack him around for his early celebration. We should have gotten today's TD return taken away and he was extremely close to buggering up last week's return with the same stunt. If he wants to showboat and fling the ball away, he needs to be at least halfway through the endzone. Hopefully the coaches make him learn his lesson before he ends up costing the team some points.

The offense struggled today, and continued their horrible problems with not being able to recover their own fumbles. Honestly, how is it even possible that you put the ball on the ground 14 times and lose it 12? That's just bloody stupid. On a related note, McGahee is developing some nasty fumble issues as well. He needs to get this figured out because the options behind him aren't great (Hillman shows flashes but isn't there yet, I'm still not sure how Ball keeps hanging onto this roster, and Moreno also fumbles but doesn't have Willis' upside of occassionally gaining some yards).

Also saw the end of the Rams/ 49ers game..... did either of those teams want to win?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old November 12 2012, 06:51 AM   #452
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

1001001 wrote: View Post
Oh my GOD!!

Fucking Rams suck so much it makes me sick to my ass!

First play in OT: 80 yard pass to the Niner 2 yard line!

But wait...no..."Illegal Formation" penalty. Illegal formation? What the fuck? You're supposed to be goddamned professionals! You can't get something as basic as lining up correctly?? Fuck you and everyone you've ever loved.

Ah, but fortune smiles once again. Akers misses an easy FG, and the Rams are back in it!

Game winning field goal time...and...IT'S GOOD!!!

Except...hold on...the play clock ran out. Are you serious? You know that big ticking screen at either end of the field? FUCKING LOOK AT IT you chimp fuckers. GOD!!! Why?

Isaiah Pead should be cut immediately and left to find his own way home. The rest of the team (except Steven Jackson) should take the fucking Greyhound back, with stops in Get Fucked, NV and Eat Shit and Die, CO.

(Sorry Timby. I know this is your thing, but I couldn't hold that in without giving myself an embolism.)
I could just echo your frustrations on the other side for the 49ers, but I'll just say what a clusterfuck of a game. I was actually impressed with Kaepernick, even though man does he hold onto the ball way too long. However, the bad thing about this game is the 49ers defense might be incredibly overrated. Everyone talks about how great they are, but when was the last time they intercepted a pass, or did what the Bears have done and picked 6 a pass. The 49ers (I think) don't even have the sacks like they had last year and while they do a great job holding teams, in terms of turning the ball over, they haven't been all that great this year.

They deserved that loss, but lucky they even tied. Still, it was a terrible football game, but I had a little fun at the end thinking back to the last time there was a tie and Donovan McNabb not knowing those were legit in the NFL. Hopefully the 49ers wake up next week against Chicago or else it's going to be a long game, and the Bears are coming off a loss at home.
Old November 12 2012, 11:51 AM   #453
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

The end of that Pats-Bills game had me pulling my hair out. Up by 6 late and the other team has moved the all day. If it wasn't the Bills, and actually someone decent, they totally woulda lost.
Old November 12 2012, 06:58 PM   #454
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Well, I wouldn't say the Texans stuck it to the Bears Sunday night, but I will say the Texans out-Bears'd the Bears.

It's good to be a Texans fan these days.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old November 12 2012, 07:33 PM   #455
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ Yeah. The Bears knew the weather was bad & Houston would spend most of the game running, then let them run amok.

Then the Bears couldn't repeat a successful running game themselves.

Also, the Bears are bringing back McCown.

Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; November 12 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old November 12 2012, 09:28 PM   #456
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

I hope the Lions play as shitty next week against the Packers as they did Sunday against the Vikings.

Lots of upsets and screwy scores this week. No wonder I only got 5 right on the pick'em board.
Old November 13 2012, 12:11 PM   #457
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

I had a rough week in my pool too. I think the entire board collectively relaxed their sphincters when the Steelers won in OT.
Old November 13 2012, 05:36 PM   #458
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Anyone notice that Yahoo Fantasy was down for the morning games on Sunday? I tried to get on there and change two of my picks after hearing some crazy stats on the radio involving the Giants in Cincinnati and how hot Josh Freeman was right now. Ended up not getting to change.
Old November 13 2012, 07:30 PM   #459
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
I hope the Lions play as shitty next week against the Packers as they did Sunday against the Vikings.

Lots of upsets and screwy scores this week. No wonder I only got 5 right on the pick'em board.
The Lions are such a bipolar team. When they are on, they are on. When they are off, they are just awful.

I'm still hopeful though. The team seems to be moving forward and they are no longer the whipping boy of the NFL like that 0-16 season.
Old November 13 2012, 11:11 PM   #460
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Anyone notice that Yahoo Fantasy was down for the morning games on Sunday? I tried to get on there and change two of my picks after hearing some crazy stats on the radio involving the Giants in Cincinnati and how hot Josh Freeman was right now. Ended up not getting to change.
I kept trying to change my fantasy lineup from my phone and thought I was having problems with the app again. In the end it didn't matter (would've gotten slaughtered no matter who I put in), but it was pretty annoying. They did appologize, but the timing couldn't have been worse.
Old November 14 2012, 02:00 AM   #461
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Congratulations, Chiefs, on being the laughing stocks of the entire NFL.
Old November 14 2012, 02:32 AM   #462
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

They had some awesome choreographed dances, though! Winning be damned.
Old November 14 2012, 09:50 AM   #463
chrisspringob
Commodore

So next Monday night's game is a huge matchup of NFC division leaders: Bears vs. 49ers......and both teams have starting quarterbacks with concussions, so we may well see the backups play instead?
Old November 14 2012, 08:12 PM   #464
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
The entire fantasy site was down all day on Sunday. You probably got an email apology on Monday but this is a PR Nightmare for Yahoo.
Old November 14 2012, 11:15 PM   #465
Davros
Fleet Admiral

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
The dumpster fire that we named the Colts last year is now 6-3 and in the thick of the playoff race. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Anyone? Anyone at all?
It has my hopes up for a Broncos/Colts playoff game.