RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,604
Posts: 5,425,245
Members: 24,806
Currently online: 541
Newest member: Mudang Harada

TrekToday headlines

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 13 2012, 05:09 PM   #76
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore
 
EliyahuQeoni's Avatar
 
Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ The first Transformers (live action) film is one of my favorite movies ever made. So I would say yes, since I'm 42.
Same here. I'm 39 and have enjoyed all of the Transformers movies so far. When news of the movie broke I'm not sure who was more excited: me or my 12 year old son.
__________________
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 06:29 PM   #77
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Hollywood needs a salary cap. NOone is worth that much money just to act in a film.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 06:31 PM   #78
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

EliyahuQeoni wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ The first Transformers (live action) film is one of my favorite movies ever made. So I would say yes, since I'm 42.
Same here. I'm 39 and have enjoyed all of the Transformers movies so far. When news of the movie broke I'm not sure who was more excited: me or my 12 year old son.
And I never played with Transfomer toys or watched the animated series when I was a kid. The 2007 film was my first exposure to the universe of that series. I was just happy for once to have a film with old-school heroes and villains; I really can't relate to the modern "no such thing as good and evil" view. I much prefer the black and white "Autobots good, Decepticons evil" version.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 06:35 PM   #79
zarkon
Captain
 
zarkon's Avatar
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

replace him with a block of wood and nobody'd notice

ditto bay
__________________
In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
zarkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 10:51 PM   #80
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral
 
Owain Taggart's Avatar
 
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Set Harth wrote: View Post
[

Owain Taggart wrote:
He's only done Blockbusters as far as I'm aware
He hasn't only done blockbusters; for example, he was in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.
Ahh, my bad. Was he good in that?
Owain Taggart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 11:07 PM   #81
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain
 
Mister Fandango's Avatar
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
If the fact that I wasn't aware of her before SW offends you, then I deeply apologize for any trauma.
It didn't. Your implied assumption -- no, assertion -- that your personal experience equates to the norm, however, did. Being ignorant is fine; everyone is about something or other. Being arrogant about your ignorance isn't.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 12:42 AM   #82
Lost Periphery
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Lost Periphery's Avatar
 
Location: My Room-State
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
If the fact that I wasn't aware of her before SW offends you, then I deeply apologize for any trauma.
It didn't. Your implied assumption -- no, assertion -- that your personal experience equates to the norm, however, did. Being ignorant is fine; everyone is about something or other. Being arrogant about your ignorance isn't.
Geez. Well at least now I know not to take anything you say to me personally.
__________________
Once, when I was younger, I got into an accident.
It destroyed all my sensory nerve endings.
To make up for it, my daddy bought me a satellite.

--SATELLITE GIRL
Lost Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 12:52 AM   #83
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

I didn't know who Portman was before Star Wars like many people.

Deal with it.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 02:21 AM   #84
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral
 
Owain Taggart's Avatar
 
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Being arrogant about your ignorance isn't.

Dude, seriously. I'm not even going to respond to that. Besides the fact that it's totally off-topic. I only used her as an example to my point.
Owain Taggart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 06:39 AM   #85
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Police State
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
[

Owain Taggart wrote:
He's only done Blockbusters as far as I'm aware
He hasn't only done blockbusters; for example, he was in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.
Ahh, my bad. Was he good in that?
He was okay. He didn't bring down the movie or anything. He played the younger version of Robert Downey's character.
__________________
"Your advertising's just dandy. Folks'd never guess you ain't got a thing to sell."
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 04:56 PM   #86
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain
 
hyzmarca's Avatar
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Dream wrote: View Post
I didn't know who Portman was before Star Wars like many people.

Deal with it.
I pity you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4vh_xAn98
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 06:26 PM   #87
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain
 
Mister Fandango's Avatar
 
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Dream wrote: View Post
I didn't know who Portman was before Star Wars like many people.

Deal with it.
Once again: Your personal experience does not necessarily equate to the experience of the majority, no matter how much you desperately wish it to be true. That's just flat out arrogance.

Deal with it.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2012, 08:04 PM   #88
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Police State
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Never saw The Professional?
__________________
"Your advertising's just dandy. Folks'd never guess you ain't got a thing to sell."
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2012, 04:56 AM   #89
God Magnus
Commodore
 
God Magnus's Avatar
 
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law...
View God Magnus's Twitter Profile
Re: Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

I don't mind a cameo, but I'd like to see the timeline move beyond the Witwicky clan at this point. I am interested in seeing how the world changed after the events of the third movie. Maybe Sam could do a cameo, but for the full blown leads I'd go with someone else.
__________________
Benson Yee
Ben's World of Transformers [Toy Reviews, Image galleries, Interviews, News and more!]
God Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.