Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old November 13 2012, 04:27 AM   #451
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

View Alpha Flyer's Twitter Profile
Re: My first voyage with Voyager

R. Star wrote: View Post
So much for spoiler free comments.
What did I say beyond what actually happened on the screen, hmmmm? Tom obviously trying to start something, in a rather puerile effort? (Some Ladies' man, huh?)

B'Elanna equally obviously rejecting him ..?

You are welcome to check out my fanfic at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2537553/Alpha_Flyer
Alpha Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 04:29 AM   #452
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Harry's jealousy was something to behold.

Oh wait..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 04:32 AM   #453
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

teacake wrote: View Post
Harry's jealousy was something to behold.

Oh wait..
Yeah. No ...

Just remembered. I actually wrote a story that notionally followed the events of "The Swarm", called Chasing the Dream. Hah. Memory is a tricky thing!

You are welcome to check out my fanfic at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2537553/Alpha_Flyer
Old November 14 2012, 01:02 AM   #454
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Poor Harry... like the dog chasing the wheel. He knows he wants it, but has no idea what to do with it.
Old November 15 2012, 05:53 PM   #455
Qutluch
Commander

Remember

The episode starts with Harry flirting with the alien from Enara Prime, or was she flirting with him?? B’Elanna excused herself so Harry and the other women could be alone, and she went back to her quarters and had quite the racy dream! I like B’Elanna’s quarters. The plants look nice in there. I am not normally one who likes to decorate the indoors with plants, but when you are surrounded by space…

I cannot believe she told Chakotay that she was having deeply sensual dreams that felt real…I thought Chakotay actually blushed thinking about it. Then, he chided her and asked if he needed to write it up. At least he knew that she would “rip his head off” if he even wrote/spoke of it.

They are never out of uniform, even when meeting other cultures/people. Why are they in “street clothes” when they go to the re-decorated Mess Hall? Janeway looks great in that white pant suit with her hair half down! I think that is my favorite style that I have seen her in. The aliens are telepathic and they startled Janeway by helping her (telepathically) play a musical instrument of theirs. On another fashion note, Tuvok is stunning! He looks great in that color blue!

B’Elanna’s dreams have suddenly become violent. She shares this with Chakotay. (I like their interactions here. She is confiding in him about something quite personal and sexual, but there is no weird/awkwardness about it. He is her mentor and trusted advisor). Chakotay points out that it is not a coincidence that there are telepaths onboard while she is having these dreams.

While B’Elanna is dreaming she passes out and wakes up in the Doctor’s office. The Doc notifies her that her dreams are memories that have been implanted. Apparently, B’Elanna is picking up memories from them because of her telepathic capabilities. B’Elanna begins to have disturbing dreams/memories/flashbacks…(I am going with dreams here). She is having the memories from an older woman who is dying; a woman who wants the truth spoken, and she knows B’Elanna will share her memories. The woman’s memories are reminiscent of the holocaust. The “delinquent” members of society were being hauled away to never be seen or heard from again (most likely they were being vaporized and not transported to a new territory). I am reading “The Boy in The Stripped Pajamas” and when B’Elanna’s dream-father asked her if she could actually imagine that her family would be responsible for mass killings, I immediately flashed to the book.

In the end, B’Elanna’s dream lover was killed. The dream world went from this sexual fantasy to a Nazi Movement equipped with crowd’s chanting, and when the dream father was preaching (just before killing the lover) he even moved his hand in a Nazi-esk salute “Hail Hilter” type movement. B’Elanna confronts the leader of the people onboard the ship, and tells the story. Again, the similarities to the feelings of the Holocaust are prevalent. This episode was very well written.

Favorite part: The costumes and sexuality of this episode. I like seeing the characters in different clothes, and in the beginning of the episode everyone seemed a little more open. Kim flirted, B’Elanna shared her feelings…

Least favorite part: No mention of the Doctor’s memory problems!!
Old November 18 2012, 01:36 AM   #456
teacake
Admiral

This is a very good episode I thought though not one I rewatch much because it's painful. It's a terrible burden this woman has carried for the sins of her youth.

Favorite part: The costumes and sexuality of this episode. I like seeing the characters in different clothes, and in the beginning of the episode everyone seemed a little more open. Kim flirted, B’Elanna shared her feelings…
Yep and yep, the sexuality is refreshing for VOY. I think Chak and B'Elanna have been pretty open with each other in the past while in the Maquis.

As to costumes, I love this look. Men should just chuck the tie and do this kind of thing. Harry looks gorgeous here.

I also really like Bruce Davison who plays memory girl's father. He was great on Enterprise.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; November 18 2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old November 18 2012, 02:30 AM   #457
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

[QUOTE=teacake;7271215]This is a very good episode I thought though not one I rewatch much because it's painful. It's a terrible burden this woman has carried for the sins of her youth.

[LEFT]Favorite part: The costumes and sexuality of this episode. ....
As to costumes, I love this look. Men should just chuck the tie and do this kind of thing. Harry looks gorgeous here.
All this, and more. I like this one for the theme of remembrance of victims of (picked up in an episode in Season 6 which shall remain nameless for spoiler reasons, although the experiences of this one are by then conveniently forgotten).

The whole idea of characters as sexual beings -- yeah.

BUT. Teacake. That photo. THANK YOU. I've been on an Avengers kick lately in my geeky fan fiction writing; this one brings back to me just WHY I should be working on my latest Tom Paris piece instead ... I mean ... yummm .... (wipes drool off chin).

Emmm.... I'm okay now. Honest.

Old November 18 2012, 02:31 AM   #458
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

PS: If you like that tie-less look ... hang out around some Iranian diplomats sometime. Just sayin'.

Old November 18 2012, 02:32 AM   #459
teacake
Admiral

Tom does look good there! I hadn't even notice because I like Harry's grey suit and I've always though he was a very good looking man (one of the 50 most beautiful people doncha know )

Tom looks all chiseled, like some kind of Cary Grant type.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 18 2012, 02:34 AM   #460
teacake
Admiral

Alpha Flyer wrote: View Post
PS: If you like that tie-less look ... hang out around some Iranian diplomats sometime. Just sayin'.
And here I am thinking of Pacific Island sarongs. I think I know the look you mean though, that clean lined longer jacket, no collar and certainly no tie.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 18 2012, 02:45 AM   #461
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

Tom does look good there! I hadn't even notice because I like Harry's grey suit and I've always though he was a very good looking man (one of the 50 most beautiful people doncha know )

Tom looks all chiseled, like some kind of Cary Grant type.
yes. Yes he does. As I said ... YUM.

Old November 18 2012, 02:46 AM   #462
teacake
Admiral

And let's not forget Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy in the background.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 18 2012, 02:48 AM   #463
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

And let's not forget Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy in the background.
Oh, do let's. Forget, I mean.

Which reminds me. I once wrote (essentially on a dare) a Totally Disgusting little story with a ... hrmmppff ... Chell/Neeliz pairing. (It s NOT public...) ;-)

Old November 18 2012, 02:50 AM   #464
teacake
Admiral

The other day about an hour after I left the house I realized I was covered in cat hair.

I wonder how all that ginger fluff would look against blue skin. I picture it sticking there, due to the slight dampness of Bolians.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 18 2012, 02:51 AM   #465
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

The mind boggles. Among other things.... ;-)

I'll send you the story via PM, if you want. It's GROSS.