Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade Blood & Chrome...
Excellent 43 34.96%
Above Average 53 43.09%
Average 24 19.51%
Below Average 3 2.44%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12 2012, 04:33 AM   #121
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

And in other news, somewhere on the set of JJ's new Star Trek film len's flares have gone missing

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old November 12 2012, 05:22 AM   #122
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I noticed that. I was like.. look! a lens flare! and then I chuckled. Quietly.

Damn JJ for making me notice something I never consciously thought about before NuTrek.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 12 2012, 08:29 AM   #123
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Overall, I was impressed. Only once or twice did the virtual sets look just a skosh video-gamey. Liked the "enhancements" (extra stuff in CIC, hangars, etc).

One tiny nitpick. They had the wrong uniforms on. They should have been wearing the "callback" uniforms established in the Razor flashbacks, not the ones that would be used when the Colonies fell.

Does anyone have any good orthos for the "new"/old Raptor? Or set schematics for the new hangar and CIC?
Old November 12 2012, 08:35 AM   #124
Candlelight
Admiral

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
One tiny nitpick. They had the wrong uniforms on. They should have been wearing the "callback" uniforms established in the Razor flashbacks, not the ones that would be used when the Colonies fell.
I would take continuity with a grain of salt when it comes to the first war. I'm not sure how many 'first missions' of Adams we've seen to date.

Plus the whole Galactica armor thing which I can't figure out.
Old November 12 2012, 08:49 AM   #125
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Candlelight wrote: View Post
I would take continuity with a grain of salt when it comes to the first war. I'm not sure how many 'first missions' of Adams we've seen to date.
On the Galactica? Just the one that I know of. Operation Raptor Talon in the "Razor" flashbacks was the last battle of the war, and Adama had been on the Big G for some time by then..

Plus the whole Galactica armor thing which I can't figure out.
I think it was pointed out earlier that this was Galactica in her prime. The ship we saw in the series was stripped down for drydocking.

Forgot to mention that the composer deserves props for using the real Galactica theme in Part 1.

Another request...any information about the supporting ships in the G's battlegroup out there?
Old November 12 2012, 01:10 PM   #126
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Saul wrote: View Post
Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
If this predates BSG then how can the Galactica be more sophisticated?
It's at time before the Cylon's starting using networked computers against them? It was a full out war going on for 10 years and by nBSGs time the ship was pretty much on it's way out. Dumping it's ammo, gods know what else.
I would point out that Adama is using a holoband. However it's clunkier than the ones they used on Caprica. So maybe their is an ongoing campaign of hardening and downgrading tech?
Old November 12 2012, 01:33 PM   #127
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Maybe it is chunkier, not clunkier to use on board ship?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 12 2012, 01:52 PM   #128
Aeolusdallas
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
I don't know the ones on Caprica are elegant and tiny. The one they show on Blood and Chrome is huge. Much larger than you would need to just make the Caprica ones sturdier.
Old November 12 2012, 03:30 PM   #129
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Ok this is a series I might watch...after having abandoned the nuBSG for the most part after a few seasons. At least I'll get to see a movie length episode. So far B&C has offered superior production design, FX and pacing over the nuBSG series. Also enjoying this version of Adama and the characters could grow on me. 9 out of 10 so far for two webisodes.

RAMA
Old November 12 2012, 04:06 PM   #130
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I don't know the ones on Caprica are elegant and tiny. The one they show on Blood and Chrome is huge. Much larger than you would need to just make the Caprica ones sturdier.
This actually makes sense. In real-world applications, milspec equipment of the electronic variety is over-abundantly hardened, tempested and armored to be able to withstand being able to get run over by a M1A3 Abrams Main Battle Tank, withstand an EMP burst and still function as the day it was built. If this is a Colonial milspec holoband, it would stand to reason that it would look much more bulky than its civilian/commercial counterpart.

Finally got a chance to see this over the weekend and, My God, WTF have the fuckwits at Skffy been doing sitting on this for so long? I, too, was getting quite irritated by the lens flairs, but aside from that, I even found NuAdama to be serviceable as a character. Maybe I've been on BSG withdrawal for too long, but I damn near loved every minute of this thing. It seems that the rumors about the CG effects not being up to snuff were quite erroneous.
Old November 12 2012, 04:21 PM   #131
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

nm...Gebirg beat me to it...
Old November 12 2012, 07:02 PM   #132
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
No, there's nothing unusual about Dopud being here. Though I am disappointed that this is another jerk role which he seems to be typecast in. Aside from his character on SGU everyone he's played that I've seen him is a jerk.
Was he a jerk in SGA's Tracker? I thought he was a good guy there.
You're right, I keep forgetting about Tracker since it's not exactly my favourite Stargate episode.

Still, the guy has a track record when it comes to playing jerks, or at the very least villains, since his bounty hunter in SG-1's final season wasn't so much a jerk but wasn't really a good guy either.
It's not my favorite, either. I'm not much for the Keller/McKeller stuff, so that's my reason.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Old November 12 2012, 11:07 PM   #133
The Wormhole
Admiral

The uniform issue was already messy anyway. Caprica's pilot featured military officers wearing the uniforms from nuBSG series, not the original series resembling outfits from the Razor flashbacks. At least the Viper pilots seen in B&C are wearing the same flight suits as the one young Adama wore in Razor.
Old November 12 2012, 11:14 PM   #134
Candlelight
Admiral

On the Galactica? Just the one that I know of. Operation Raptor Talon in the "Razor" flashbacks was the last battle of the war, and Adama had been on the Big G for some time by then..
No, it's explicitly implied that Raptor Talon was his first combat mission. So he spends two years running raptors before finally getting in a Viper...? He must really piss off the brass by the time Blood and Chrome finishes...

I think it was pointed out earlier that this was Galactica in her prime. The ship we saw in the series was stripped down for drydocking.
But why bother? In Razor she participates in Operation Raptor Talon without her armor?? There must've been a reason to have her remove her armor and then go back into the fight. Otherwise why bother?

Either that or this Galactica will be destroyed and be replaced with Galactica-A.
Old November 12 2012, 11:43 PM   #135
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Either that or this Galactica will be destroyed and be replaced with Galactica-A.
Don't worry, Deanna Troi isn't driving Galactica

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?