Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 12 2012, 12:30 PM   #511
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Still no Carol? That's not good. I don't imagine Daryl is taking that very well.
Talking Dead revealed a lost scene on the road with Daryl & Maggie, where Daryl gets to have some emotional effects to it. Then the teaser for next week has something of her's show up, a knife of something. She's still out there

Last week, over 70% of voters said they wanted or at least expected Rick to go on a walker killing spree, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he did just that. Seems like he might have been looking for her ring or something

I don't imagine the behavior will last
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 02:14 PM   #512
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Love wherever they are taking me with The Walking Dead. I have not read the comics, so I do not have any reference or expectations. This is by far one of the best portrayals of "zombies" on TV I've ever seen. The last 2 episodes in particular were so incredible. As was mentioned on The Talking Dead, it seemed like the previous episode was a season finale, and this one was a season opening, I like that out of no where it felt like that. Hope for more gripping episodes like that. Great series !

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 05:19 PM   #513
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

shivkala wrote: View Post

Talking Dead confirmed that the bloated walker did eat Lori.
Didn't see Talking Dead, was that a deleted scene?

As many of you pointed out, I was wrong in assuming Carl didn't shoot Lori. Carl really recovered nicely from that, while Rick's gone off the deep end.
Yea, he seems to be dealing with the death of his mother much better. I would have assumed the opposite considering Rick and Lori's strained and distant relationship at the beginning of season 3.

the phone rang. I'll be honest with you, I hate talking on the phone and a phone ringing when it's least expected is one of the creepiest things for me. Even in a "safe" environment, it's jarring!
I'm wondering if the phone call is Rick being delusional or it actually was ringing? If it's actually ringing perhaps that's Carol in another part of the jail asking for help?

General Question: I'm wondering if they are positioning the Governor as 'bad crazy,' or simply 'crazy,' like Herschel was in trying to bring his daughter back for an 'illness?'

Also, Lori's reaction to the Mad Max style games with the zombie's seems understated. I'd think she would have been more appalled by the towns people behavior.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 05:53 PM   #514
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post

Talking Dead confirmed that the bloated walker did eat Lori.
Didn't see Talking Dead, was that a deleted scene?
Me neither. I saw Rick staring at these little bits of flesh where a body has been. Then he saw the bloated walker nearby and started hacking at it like crazy ... I'm afraid I didn't put it together until now.

the phone rang. I'll be honest with you, I hate talking on the phone and a phone ringing when it's least expected is one of the creepiest things for me. Even in a "safe" environment, it's jarring!
I'm wondering if the phone call is Rick being delusional or it actually was ringing? If it's actually ringing perhaps that's Carol in another part of the jail asking for help?
Normally it would make sense for it to be Rick's delusion. But I'm not even sure that phone was visible from where Rick was standing. He had to go find it after it rang. Unless artistic license is at work here, that suggests it's real.

I'm in favor of it being Carol.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 06:17 PM   #515
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

DarthTom wrote: View Post
General Question: I'm wondering if they are positioning the Governor as 'bad crazy,' or simply 'crazy,' like Herschel was in trying to bring his daughter back for an 'illness?'
Uh, yeah, that's really in question for you? The guy relaxes by staring at fish tanks full of zombie heads, he murdered a group of innocent military survivors just to steal their hardware, and he's organized a zombie-ringed blood sport to keep his people's minds off all the other crazy shit he's doing.

Yeah, totally not a ''bad crazy'' guy at all. Just Herschel Lite(tm).

Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 07:13 PM   #516
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I found the whole zombie/gladiator scene to be beyond distressing, and it reinforces the creepiness of Woodbury. The prison might be more than a little light on hope right now, but they don't seem to have reached the same level of brutality as Zombie Mayberry = Woodbury.

Why was the event so loud? What if there had been a breach of their walls? Would they have even heard a warning?
Old November 12 2012, 07:22 PM   #517
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

EmoBorg wrote: View Post
OMG, Lori's body has been eaten by a Walker. I could stomach the numerous killings of zombies but to know that one of the main characters has been eaten by a zombie, that really sickens me.
Yeah, that's pretty unsettling.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 07:37 PM   #518
Rhaven
Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
EmoBorg wrote: View Post
OMG, Lori's body has been eaten by a Walker. I could stomach the numerous killings of zombies but to know that one of the main characters has been eaten by a zombie, that really sickens me.
Yeah, that's pretty unsettling.
It was! I thought, at first that Rick was going to cut what remained out...to bury. It still gives me the shivers.
Old November 12 2012, 07:50 PM   #519
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Yeah, I thought he might want to bury her remains or was looking for her ring. Pretty gruesome stuff.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 08:31 PM   #520
the G-man
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Normally it would make sense for it to be Rick's delusion. But I'm not even sure that phone was visible from where Rick was standing. He had to go find it after it rang. Unless artistic license is at work here, that suggests it's real.

the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 08:53 PM   #521
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Uh, yeah, that's really in question for you? The guy relaxes by staring at fish tanks full of zombie heads, he murdered a group of innocent military survivors just to steal their hardware, and he's organized a zombie-ringed blood sport to keep his people's minds off all the other crazy shit he's doing.

Yeah, totally not a ''bad crazy'' guy at all. Just Herschel Lite(tm).

I phrased my question poorly I suppose. Yes he's not Herschel lite that's for sure. I guess more properly stated, has he gone bat crazy insane as a result of the circumstances or was he just a bad guy to begin with even before the zombie apocalypse? A better analogy would be Shane heavy or Shane lite?
Old November 12 2012, 09:03 PM   #522
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

With the way the way he keeps his zombie daughter around I think it's pretty clear he's had a bit of break from reality. He probably wasn't an evil guy to start with but circumstances have made him head in that direction.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 09:27 PM   #523
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
With the way the way he keeps his zombie daughter around I think it's pretty clear he's had a bit of break from reality. He probably wasn't an evil guy to start with but circumstances have made him head in that direction.
Agreed. But like Herschel he believes there is some kind of cure to be found which is why that scientist is doing experiments I presume?
Old November 12 2012, 09:35 PM   #524
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post

Did the phone scene remind anyone of Episode 1?
You know, "Hey. Dumb-ass. You in the tank."
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 09:46 PM   #525
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Someone on the CNN website commenting on the show had an interesting thought:

Lori really is still alive at this point. They kind of gave it away on the after show called "The Talking Dead". After a cast member is killed off and is permanently off the series, they give them a cast party. They have for each of the major cast members killed off. They did for T-Dog but not for Lori. Those that say Carol rescues her are probably correct. Or both may show up on the Season Finale as walkers. Either way, both characters and actors are still officially part of the series (Lori and Carol).