RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,768
Posts: 5,216,751
Members: 24,218
Currently online: 785
Newest member: momogila

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 16 2012, 07:40 AM   #1921
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Is there anything left to still film (in Austin?) for this project, or is all the filming finished?
There's nothing left to shoot. We grabbed an insert shot (hands on a console) earlier this year, but otherwise the principle photography was long ago wrapped. It's really post work, and limited time on my part because I between Polaris and paying gigs I haven't had much time to look at it.

Speaking of paying gigs, below is the most recent short short film I worked on (as Production Coordinator), which ran on the Jumbotron at UC Berkeley's Memorial Stadium Sept, 1st in front of ten or twenty thousand spectators. It's a combination of stop motion. live action and greenscreen, shot on a Red Epic and other cameras.



__________________
* * *
“The absence of limitations is the enemy of art.”
― Orson Welles
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 02:48 AM   #1922
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post
Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Is there anything left to still film (in Austin?) for this project, or is all the filming finished?
There's nothing left to shoot. We grabbed an insert shot (hands on a console) earlier this year, but otherwise the principle photography was long ago wrapped. It's really post work, and limited time on my part because I between Polaris and paying gigs I haven't had much time to look at it.

Speaking of paying gigs, below is the most recent short short film I worked on (as Production Coordinator), which ran on the Jumbotron at UC Berkeley's Memorial Stadium Sept, 1st in front of ten or twenty thousand spectators. It's a combination of stop motion. live action and greenscreen, shot on a Red Epic and other cameras.



But ... why was there sound in space?



Just kidding -- that was fun!
__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 07:34 AM   #1923
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?


"No good! All communications are down!"

...or are they?
__________________
* * *
“The absence of limitations is the enemy of art.”
― Orson Welles

Last edited by Maurice; October 23 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 01:24 PM   #1924
scifib5st
Commander
 
scifib5st's Avatar
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post


"No good! All communications are down!"


...or are they?

A message from the Past? ****
Can you turn up your gain?
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 02:52 PM   #1925
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post
Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Is there anything left to still film (in Austin?) for this project, or is all the filming finished?
There's nothing left to shoot. We grabbed an insert shot (hands on a console) earlier this year, but otherwise the principle photography was long ago wrapped. It's really post work, and limited time on my part because I between Polaris and paying gigs I haven't had much time to look at it.

UGH! I am so looking forward to this. It really is such a good episode, and along with "World Enough and Time" IMHO the standard by which fan films are judged.

Good luck with getting this done (along with all your personal stuff!).

Alec
Linnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 01:31 AM   #1926
J.C. England
Lieutenant
 
J.C. England's Avatar
 
Location: Bethany/OKC, Oklahoma
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Amen!
J.C. England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 01:39 AM   #1927
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post

"No good! All communications are down!"

...or are they?


Tease!
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 08:15 PM   #1928
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander
 
JimTheBuilder's Avatar
 
Location: In a van, down by the river in Vermont
Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post


"No good! All communications are down!"


...or are they?

ARRRRGH! Can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!
__________________
-
-

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2012, 04:52 AM   #1929
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

JimTheBuilder wrote: View Post
ARRRRGH! Can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!

"Did you say something?"
__________________
* * *
“The absence of limitations is the enemy of art.”
― Orson Welles
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2012, 05:15 AM   #1930
scifib5st
Commander
 
scifib5st's Avatar
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Much better picture,.... you tease you, you bully... you.... you the man!!!!!

Thank you soo much for the peak behind the curtin.... I know what I will dream about tonight.
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2012, 05:42 PM   #1931
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander
 
JimTheBuilder's Avatar
 
Location: In a van, down by the river in Vermont
Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maurice wrote: View Post
JimTheBuilder wrote: View Post
ARRRRGH! Can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!


"Did you say something?"
Ok....now you're just being mean...

Dare we hope it will be soon?
__________________
-
-

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 01:11 AM   #1932
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Always dare to dream
__________________
* * *
“The absence of limitations is the enemy of art.”
― Orson Welles
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2012, 09:33 PM   #1933
myrnakitty
Cadet
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Well now. Interesting. I was just running an arbitrary search, as I have occasionally over the years, for any recent Exeter news. If I'm reading this right, and things are on the level, Exeter's 2nd episode is being reedited for release, including the allusive Tag.

I wouldn't bore you folks with any of this were it not for the odd fact that I may be the only human on the planet who has seen the Teaser and just kind of held off viewing any more of the thing until it was completed, a task I figured would have taken weeks, maybe months. That was awhile ago.

Over the years, any time I've had an inkling to see if anything was happening with the project, I've resisted the small temptation to view the episode past the opening scene. As it is, I haven't revisited the Teaser in years.

So. Cudos!

Incidentally, I'm no fundamentalist, but I absolutely love that Gene L Coon quote. His work is the best of the original series. IMHO.

-Johnny
myrnakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2012, 11:06 PM   #1934
Kirk here
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Arkansas
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

myrnakitty wrote: View Post
...I wouldn't bore you folks with any of this were it not for the odd fact that I may be the only human on the planet who has seen the Teaser and just kind of held off viewing any more of the thing until it was completed...
I have not seen any of the episode. I have the downloaded files on my computer, waiting for the last part. I wanted to be able to watch it in it's entirety, so I figured I'd wait the few weeks, just like you.

I'm not complaining, though, just waiting.
__________________
The taxpayers of Wisconsin support Wisconsin's public workers.
Kirk here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2012, 06:03 PM   #1935
scifib5st
Commander
 
scifib5st's Avatar
 
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Kirk here wrote: View Post
myrnakitty wrote: View Post
...I wouldn't bore you folks with any of this were it not for the odd fact that I may be the only human on the planet who has seen the Teaser and just kind of held off viewing any more of the thing until it was completed...
I have not seen any of the episode. I have the downloaded files on my computer, waiting for the last part. I wanted to be able to watch it in it's entirety, so I figured I'd wait the few weeks, just like you.

I'm not complaining, though, just waiting.
Are you the guys who are sell the un-open jug of Michale Jordan's BBQ sause from McDonalds from 1985?
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.