To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 6 2012, 12:20 PM   #256
gturner
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Well, we can hope the ship's journey is a long one, the robot gets disabled, and the people quickly discover that the ship has freezers full of tasty meat, some kind of weird looking alien lizard things that go good with mustard. Then they arrive at their home world, the ship lands automatically, and they cut it up for the scrap market.

I think the writers were just a bit lazy on this one, because having a non-living interface getting adopted doesn't really balance the scales of a planetary mass-extinction to resurrect a species that's already gone, and whose members obviously had no problem wiping out all life on another planet or they'd have programmed "already has multi-cellular life" as a rejection criterion for their ship's AI.

Another way the story could've gone is to have SG-1 save all the extinct aliens, ressurect them, and find out that they're the Aliens - from Alien. Although several stories pretty close to that do occur in the series.
Old November 6 2012, 12:53 PM   #257
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Beneath the Surface: A well paced episode with the same plot as VOY's Workforce. Quite visually interesting. Amusing to see O'Neill following Carter around like a puppy when he didn't remember who he was, lots of sweetness there. Kind of half assed ending, how many workers are there? A lot more than what we see I assume, and they are going to do what, piff them through a stargate onto a beach? To do what? But never mind that, getting there was enjoyable and of course we get this great quote from O'Neill when he's trying to remember his old life.

O'Neill: I remember something. There's a man ... he's bald and wears a short sleeved shirt ... and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is ... Homer.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 02:33 AM   #258
teacake
Admiral

Point of No Return: I always enjoy these stories with the UFO nerds being really onto something. Also pleased this one didn't die, as I recall there was an X-Files with some decent UFO nerds who died, or maybe that was in Sanctuary. Noooo don't kill the nerds!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 03:56 AM   #259
teacake
Admiral

Tangent: At least in Shuttlepod One there was booze.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 08:47 AM   #260
gturner
Admiral

teacock wrote: View Post
Point of No Return: I always enjoy these stories with the UFO nerds being really onto something. Also pleased this one didn't die, as I recall there was an X-Files with some decent UFO nerds who died, or maybe that was in Sanctuary. Noooo don't kill the nerds!!
That episode spawned an interesting spin-off pilot on the WB which sadly didn't get picked up, which is frustrating because they'll air all sorts of cr*p.
Old November 7 2012, 08:56 AM   #261
teacake
Admiral

What was it?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 10:20 AM   #262
teacake
Admiral

Cursed: That was a rollicking adventure mystery, I had no idea how it was going to unfold. I'm going to enjoy this new Goa'uld on the loose, she's great to look at and more interesting as a Goa'uld than she was as an ex-gf of Daniel.

Speaking of looks, Carter's hair is at the shortest I've seen it now and I wish she'd grow it out a bit. It's.. not that great. I wish it was cute but I'm just not seeing it that way.

And something amazing happened. Janet Frasier appeared in civvies and I realized how buttoned up she'd been until now. Unfortunately she was in a dusty old pyramid so the light wasn't always the best but I think we can agree that this is a look we'd like to see more of..

And O'Neill was NOT pulled away from his fishing! I'm happy for him.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 11:40 AM   #263
teacake
Admiral

The Serpent's Venom: Teal'c has a very bad visit to Chulac. Lots of shit goes down and Apophis triumphs. Carter solves something with math.

Also, Apophis's face is now less Anakin like, too bad I liked that melted effect.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 7 2012, 10:08 PM   #264
gturner
Admiral

I loved Amanda Tapping's blonde Victorian hair in an episode of Sanctuary where they did a flashback to Jack the Ripper.

In Stargate they conformed to Air Force regulation haircuts at least most of the time, if not all of it. Female hairstyles are on page 21 of AFI36-2903.pdf.
Old November 7 2012, 10:21 PM   #265
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

gturner wrote: View Post
Also of side interest, considering election day: In the battleground state of Colorado, polling data from Colorado Springs is hard to explain - unless you realize how many freakin' aliens have been secretly settled there over the years.
Well, we already knew about Mork....
Old November 8 2012, 03:30 AM   #266
teacake
Admiral

Apparently she is a natural blonde and dyed her hair dark for Sanctuary.

She looks pretty much PERFECT all the time

(couldn't get file to load)

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 8 2012, 06:38 AM   #267
gturner
Admiral

You're not missing much, just some 1940's looking illustrations of hair length, but here's the text:

3.1.3. Hair-Female. Minimum length is one inch, unless approved by the commander upon recommendation from a military treatment facility for medical reasons, to a maximum bulk of three inches from scalp. Hair will end above the bottom edge of collar and any side of an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground. When in doubt, assess correct length of hair with Airman standing in the position of attention. Except in the physical training uniform hair lengths that would be below the bottom edge of the collar will be pinned-up with no loose ends. Bangs will not ouch either eyebrow, to include an invisible line drawn across eyebrows and parallel to the ground. If worn, hairpins, combs, headbands, elastic bands and barrettes must match the hair color (i.e., blonde, brunette, natural red, black, grey), but hair must still comply with bulk and appearance standards. Ornaments are not authorized (i.e., ribbons, beads, jeweled pins). Scrunches are not authorized. Exception: While wearing the PTU, long hair will be secured but may have loose ends and may extend below the collar; i.e. ponytails.

The intent is for pinned-up hair to be styled in a manner that prevents loose ends from extending upward on the head. For example, when using a clip or hairpins, hair will not present the appearance of a ―rooster tail‖; when hair is in a bun, all loose ends must be tucked in and secured; when hair is in a pony tail, it must be pulled all the way through the elastic band and may hang naturally downward and not extending below the bottom of the collar (except while in the PTU). As with all hairstyles, a neat and professional image is essential.

Then it gets into braids, dreadlocks, frosting, etc., and finally proceed to standards for nail polish and tattoos - including tattoo removal, which possibly involves some sort of Air Force laser platform.
Old November 8 2012, 11:07 AM   #268
teacake
Admiral

Are you telling me that the boofy, messy, girlish and at times tender hairstyles that Carter has been sporting for Seasons 1 to a bit of 4 are OVER? That would be a very bad thing.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 8 2012, 11:15 AM   #269
teacake
Admiral

Chain Reaction: Maybourne was so much fun in this episode. He's a nasty little man but clever. His appearance belies his scheming ways. I was cracking up at him in his buttoned up striped shirt and windbreaker standing around gormlessly behind Jack. You can almost hear the mouth breathing.

And now I will ask a question: why can Jack pull in favours from the President? If the answer to this question involves something NOT YET SEEN in Stargate please don't tell me what it is. "You'll find out" will suffice. I may well have forgotten some factlet from a past episode though.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; November 8 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old November 8 2012, 03:54 PM   #270
AJ86
Captain

Wait... people liked Carter's hair?