RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,959
Posts: 5,391,468
Members: 24,722
Currently online: 492
Newest member: Jadakiss

TrekToday headlines

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Free Star Trek Trexels Game
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old November 6 2012, 09:47 PM   #1
truespock
Lieutenant
 
The Morning After by truespock...

The Morning After by truespock

It was oh-six-hundred in the busily cacophonous officer's mess, clanking plates and boisterous conversations all around the room, making Kirk and Spock wish they hadn't stayed up quite so late the night before. Ah, but the times for quiet companionship and contemplation were fairly few and far between on a ship charged with saving the galaxy on a near daily basis. No regrets then, as the two friends silently grappled with their breakfasts; a heaping, steaming plate of ham and eggs for Kirk, and a faintly noxious smelling fruit salad for Spock.

All eyes turned to the main entrance, as a fresh faced and grinning Dr. McCoy strolled in with a pretty lady lieutenant on each arm, seemingly completely unaffected by his own all-nighter. Reluctantly releasing his escorts, and tossing off a conspirational wink to Chief Engineer Scott--who was ardently chatting up a clearly disinterested Dr. Helen Noel in a far corner--McCoy selected his traditional chicken-fried steak and black coffee from the nearby replicator and hauled it across to where his two friends were sitting.

"Morning, Bones. Have you recovered from the drubbing I gave you last night?", asked Kirk, a tad too sweetly.

McCoy looked to an almost smirking Spock for support as the two intoned in perfect unison, "His next move should have been the rook!"

A chuckling Kirk lost no time in responding, "Yeah, yeah, I've heard THAT before, gentlemen."

McCoy's annoyed expression abruptly turned to one of concern, around a mouthful of country gravy, as he said, "Say, Jim. I hear there's quite a little spat going on between certain members of the crew."

"Let me guess, Bones.", holding up a hand to forestall the rest of McCoy's announcement, Kirk hastily inquired, "Is this about those rumors that the three of us are gay lovers?"

"Yeah, but that's not all.", the Doctor replied with a worried frown. "There are quite a lot of people who don't see us that way who are really getting agitated. They're saying that fictionalizing the ship's three senior officers as gay, when they're plainly not is just creepy, and that someone should put a stop to it!"

"And meanwhile, the protractors of the rumors do not at all appreciate being called 'creepy'.", added the Science Officer in a tone which clearly implied his complete inability to comprehend such resentment.

"Well, from where I'M sitting, it IS creepy.", concluded Kirk, sopping up a last bit of runny eggs with his toast. "But it has never been Starfleet's policy to dignify these types of willful slanderings with either a confirmation, or a denial."

"Things ARE escalating to a point where it is becoming distracting to the efficient operation of the ship in general.", Spock pointed out, with the triumphant air of a man who had just played his 'trump card'. "Besides, can you imagine how embarrassing all this must be to legitimately gay crewmen, like, Mr. Sulu?"

"Spock, Bones, I don't honestly think we can get our 'fantasy authors' to stop, regardless of how much we don't like it.", said a rapidly wearying Kirk. "Their right to the free exchange of ideas would seem to outgun our right to the integrity of our characters."

"Don't let THEM hear you say that, Jim. Next they'll be screeching about 'gay slurs' because they'll claim you're saying that our being not gay would constitute a 'lack of integrity!", drawled McCoy as he wiped his mouth, then dropping the embossed napkin on his empty plate.

"You're right, Bones. The whole thing IS quite hopeless, isn't it?", pronounced Kirk as he stood up from the table and straightened his uniform jacket. "What a universe we live in!"

Without further comment, the trio of friends headed for the bridge, looking forward to sinking their teeth into some new calamity that was of REAL cosmic consequence.
truespock is offline  
Old November 6 2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Angry Fanboy
Lieutenant Commander
 
Angry Fanboy's Avatar
 
Angry Fanboy

"Legitimately gay?" As opposed to what - illegitimately gay?

I mean putting aside the fact that Sulu wasn't gay of course, merely the actor who portrayed him.
__________________
Angry Fanboy
"Majestic"
"Home"
Angry Fanboy is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:02 AM   #3
therealsb63
Lieutenant
 
therealsb63's Avatar
 
Location: Southern CT, USA
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Is this some kind of statement about K/S fan fiction, which many are already well aware the OP is very firmly against?

Oh, and Fanboy above is right, Hikaru Sulu is not gay. George Takei is. And we all like him just as much as we did before we knew.

__________________
Never keep a Vulcan waiting...I am the real starbase63...accept no substitutes.
therealsb63 is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Sandoval
Fleet Captain
 
Sandoval's Avatar
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Just comes across as some sort of bullshit propaganda geared towards furthering whatever viewpoint you have.

Is a person being gay even an issue for anyone possessed of a modicum of intelligence any more, let alone in the time of Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

All a bit boring to be honest.
Sandoval is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:34 AM   #5
truespock
Lieutenant
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

therealsb63 wrote: View Post
Is this some kind of statement about K/S fan fiction, which many are already well aware the OP is very firmly against?

Oh, and Fanboy above is right, Hikaru Sulu is not gay. George Takei is. And we all like him just as much as we did before we knew.

How very nice to see you, Colin! I'd heard you were here. Say, THIS place is even more combative, petty and snarky than ST.com! Thank god that we "all" have such a "safe and secure" Trek PUBLIC forum as yours (Star Trek Logs) to post on without getting our ass handed to us by petulant and infantile morons every time we open our mouth. Speaking of which, I assume Gojira is STILL a member in good standing at your little private resort?!

@ Everyone else: I have absolutely NOTHING against Sulu, Takei or gays in general. It simply amused me to plot out what might have been Kirk and Spock's reaction to K/S slash. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has taken this tack before, I am QUITE CERTAIN that you'll all cheerfully concede that my right to post here is equal to all of yours...until Colin gets me banned again, of course!
truespock is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...
 
Count Zero's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Awesome
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

truespock wrote: View Post
therealsb63 wrote: View Post
Is this some kind of statement about K/S fan fiction, which many are already well aware the OP is very firmly against?

Oh, and Fanboy above is right, Hikaru Sulu is not gay. George Takei is. And we all like him just as much as we did before we knew.

How very nice to see you, Colin! I'd heard you were here. Say, THIS place is even more combative, petty and snarky than ST.com! Thank god that we "all" have such a "safe and secure" Trek PUBLIC forum as yours (Star Trek Logs) to post on without getting our ass handed to us by petulant and infantile morons every time we open our mouth. Speaking of which, I assume Gojira is STILL a member in good standing at your little private resort?!
Please don't bring conflicts from other boards onto this one. I don't care who started it, I don't want it here on TrekBBS.
__________________
"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi
Count Zero is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:39 AM   #7
Sandoval
Fleet Captain
 
Sandoval's Avatar
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

truespock wrote: View Post
THIS place is even more combative, petty and snarky than ST.com!
Is it?

Bye then, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Sandoval is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Sandoval
Fleet Captain
 
Sandoval's Avatar
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Count Pony wrote: View Post
Please don't bring conflicts from other boards onto this one. I don't care who started it, I don't want it here on TrekBBS.
Bravo.
Sandoval is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:49 AM   #9
truespock
Lieutenant
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Sandoval wrote: View Post
truespock wrote: View Post
THIS place is even more combative, petty and snarky than ST.com!
Is it?

Bye then, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
THAT would be MUCH too easy, Sandoval. Think I'll stay around awhile, this time...a good, LONG while.
truespock is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 12:55 AM   #10
Sandoval
Fleet Captain
 
Sandoval's Avatar
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

truespock wrote: View Post
THAT would be MUCH too easy, Sandoval. Think I'll stay around awhile, this time...a good, LONG while.
Stop bitching about the board like a little girl then. "I hate it here but I'll endure the agony..."

We're all very impressed.
Sandoval is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 01:00 AM   #11
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

truespock wrote: View Post
The Morning After by truespock

It was oh-six-hundred in the busily cacophonous officer's mess, clanking plates and boisterous conversations all around the room, making Kirk and Spock wish they hadn't stayed up quite so late the night before. Ah, but the times for quiet companionship and contemplation were fairly few and far between on a ship charged with saving the galaxy on a near daily basis. No regrets then, as the two friends silently grappled with their breakfasts; a heaping, steaming plate of ham and eggs for Kirk, and a faintly noxious smelling fruit salad for Spock.

All eyes turned to the main entrance, as a fresh faced and grinning Dr. McCoy strolled in with a pretty lady lieutenant on each arm, seemingly completely unaffected by his own all-nighter. Reluctantly releasing his escorts, and tossing off a conspirational wink to Chief Engineer Scott--who was ardently chatting up a clearly disinterested Dr. Helen Noel in a far corner--McCoy selected his traditional chicken-fried steak and black coffee from the nearby replicator and hauled it across to where his two friends were sitting.

"Morning, Bones. Have you recovered from the drubbing I gave you last night?", asked Kirk, a tad too sweetly.

McCoy looked to an almost smirking Spock for support as the two intoned in perfect unison, "His next move should have been the rook!"

A chuckling Kirk lost no time in responding, "Yeah, yeah, I've heard THAT before, gentlemen."

McCoy's annoyed expression abruptly turned to one of concern, around a mouthful of country gravy, as he said, "Say, Jim. I hear there's quite a little spat going on between certain members of the crew."

"Let me guess, Bones.", holding up a hand to forestall the rest of McCoy's announcement, Kirk hastily inquired, "Is this about those rumors that the three of us are gay lovers?"

"Yeah, but that's not all.", the Doctor replied with a worried frown. "There are quite a lot of people who don't see us that way who are really getting agitated. They're saying that fictionalizing the ship's three senior officers as gay, when they're plainly not is just creepy, and that someone should put a stop to it!"

"And meanwhile, the protractors of the rumors do not at all appreciate being called 'creepy'.", added the Science Officer in a tone which clearly implied his complete inability to comprehend such resentment.

"Well, from where I'M sitting, it IS creepy.", concluded Kirk, sopping up a last bit of runny eggs with his toast. "But it has never been Starfleet's policy to dignify these types of willful slanderings with either a confirmation, or a denial."

"Things ARE escalating to a point where it is becoming distracting to the efficient operation of the ship in general.", Spock pointed out, with the triumphant air of a man who had just played his 'trump card'. "Besides, can you imagine how embarrassing all this must be to legitimately gay crewmen, like, Mr. Sulu?"

"Spock, Bones, I don't honestly think we can get our 'fantasy authors' to stop, regardless of how much we don't like it.", said a rapidly wearying Kirk. "Their right to the free exchange of ideas would seem to outgun our right to the integrity of our characters."

"Don't let THEM hear you say that, Jim. Next they'll be screeching about 'gay slurs' because they'll claim you're saying that our being not gay would constitute a 'lack of integrity!", drawled McCoy as he wiped his mouth, then dropping the embossed napkin on his empty plate.

"You're right, Bones. The whole thing IS quite hopeless, isn't it?", pronounced Kirk as he stood up from the table and straightened his uniform jacket. "What a universe we live in!"

Without further comment, the trio of friends headed for the bridge, looking forward to sinking their teeth into some new calamity that was of REAL cosmic consequence.
This is the dumbest, hate-based and pointless collection of faux-literary claptrap I have ever wasted my time reading. (And that's saying something, because I regularly read through the Misc forum.)

You do know the show is an allegory, right? And that the prevailing message the show has come to stand for is about acceptance and recognition of all people, regardless of their religion, race, or sexuality and that generally advocating divisive hatred or discrimination against people based on any or all of those reasons pretty much makes you one of the bad guys, right?

You know that, right? Right?
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Sandoval
Fleet Captain
 
Sandoval's Avatar
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
This is the dumbest, hate-based and pointless collection of faux-literary claptrap I have ever wasted my time reading. (And that's saying something, because I regularly read through the Misc forum.)
Amen brother.
Sandoval is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 01:07 AM   #13
truespock
Lieutenant
 
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Sandoval wrote: View Post
truespock wrote: View Post
THAT would be MUCH too easy, Sandoval. Think I'll stay around awhile, this time...a good, LONG while.
Stop bitching about the board like a little girl then. "I hate it here but I'll endure the agony..."

We're all very impressed.
OMG, Sandoval! Was that a SEXIST reference...coming from a high-minded veteran poster like YOU?!

But you're quite right; I DO hate it here. I simply refuse to be run off another board by the unjustified tittering of the thoughtless masses. It's all too easy to gang up on some innocent on the internet, isn't it? Make you all feel pretty big and bad?! Nothing better to do?!

How pathetic.
truespock is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 01:11 AM   #14
therealsb63
Lieutenant
 
therealsb63's Avatar
 
Location: Southern CT, USA
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

Same old same old, I see.
__________________
Never keep a Vulcan waiting...I am the real starbase63...accept no substitutes.
therealsb63 is offline  
Old November 7 2012, 01:11 AM   #15
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: The Morning After by truespock...

None of which negates the point I made above.

You like to throw out all kinds of criticism about things but don't seem to be able to handle any at all when directed toward you or your work. Why is it that any kind of critique is tantamount to "ganging up" on "An innocent" such as yourself?

Tell me, do they sing songs of the great truespock hunt?
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.