RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,123
Posts: 5,433,323
Members: 24,933
Currently online: 669
Newest member: karanfree

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 3 2012, 12:51 PM   #31
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

chrinFinity wrote: View Post
That's not true. I am in Canada, I went to see it with my boyfriend and another friend of mine. It was definitely playing in Mississauga and Toronto.

In fact, i got to see it twice... because the next week after, they were supposed to be playing an anniversary edition of Wrath of Khan, and they couldn't find the movie and ended up playing TNG S1 again. lol
Sorry, I've addressed this in other threads in more detail so perhaps I wasn't clear. 'Cineplex Odeon' carried Season 1 in Western and Central Canada because there was a distributor. We don't have Cineplex Odeon on the east coast. I'm talking about 'Empire Theaters', which is our only option on the East Coast of Canada. When I contacted Empire about carrying Season 1, they said they had no screens to carry it because of The Dark Knight taking up all of their resources...which seemed like a lame reason considering it's a one night event. When I asked them about carrying Season 2, they now say there is no distributor for Season 2 in Canada and they won't be carrying it either.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 08:56 PM   #32
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/image...ema_poster.jpg

Instantly one of my favorite ST movie posters ever!
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 09:17 PM   #33
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Dream wrote: View Post
Several theaters in the U.S. are now stating that the Season 2 special (entitled "Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Celebration of Season 2") will hit the big screen (in selected theaters) on Thursday, November 29 (for one night only). The Season 2 blu-ray set would then be released just a few days later on Tuesday, December 4.
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/16102012theatre.html

I thought it was better to start a new topic so people don't miss out on this news. Now the big question will be which two episodes will they be going with?
Got the tickets today...had a good time for the last one .
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 02:43 PM   #34
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

I tracked down the distributor for the Season 1 event in Canada. They were unable to make arrangements for Season 2 in time, so there will be no Season 2 event in Canada.

I put the bug in their ear to make sure we get Season 3 from coast to coast.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 03:09 PM   #35
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

That sucks. It looks like the timing of my move to the US was very fortunate.
__________________
Savage Dragon. Accept no substitutes.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 09:47 PM   #36
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain
 
Doug Otte's Avatar
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

RAMA wrote: View Post
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/image...ema_poster.jpg

Instantly one of my favorite ST movie posters ever!
Indeed. The pic of Sirtis they used there has always been one of my favorites of her. Stunning!
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 10:55 PM   #37
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

My daughter and I are going again. She loves Q, Who? and has never seen The Measure of a Man.
__________________
"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul." - Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 11:04 PM   #38
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

That's awesome! I can't wait until I can watch Star Trek with my daughter. Although even though she's just two and a half she already knows what the Enterprise is.

I was watching a documentary on the solar system the other day and when she saw the planets she said she wanted to to see the Enterprise.
__________________
Savage Dragon. Accept no substitutes.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 11:47 PM   #39
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Zombie Seeker wrote: View Post
That's awesome! I can't wait until I can watch Star Trek with my daughter. Although even though she's just two and a half she already knows what the Enterprise is.

I was watching a documentary on the solar system the other day and when she saw the planets she said she wanted to to see the Enterprise.
Kids are great! But they grow up fast. Seems like just yesterday she was jumping out of her seat when the Borg appendage popped out of Picard's face in First Contact, now she's nineteen and in college.
__________________
"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul." - Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 05:05 PM   #40
Mott the barber
Commodore
 
Mott the barber's Avatar
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/image...ema_poster.jpg

Instantly one of my favorite ST movie posters ever!
Indeed. The pic of Sirtis they used there has always been one of my favorites of her. Stunning!
Yep, agreed. S2 Troi and then S6 pre-uniform were my favorites. Love the close up shots of her new look in "The Child." Even without prosthetics, something about her in her new look early on made her look "alien."
__________________
It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became... because of you. --Miles O'Brien in "The Wounded"
Mott the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 10:45 PM   #41
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Question to those that saw the Season One TNG event in theaters.

Were the behind the scenes footage shown BEFORE the two episodes or AFTER the two episodes. Fandango lists the event at a pretty long 2 hours and 30 minutes, and I would like to leave as early as possible, so it would be very nice if the two episodes were shown first!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 10:52 PM   #42
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

As I recall it was shown in the middle of the two episodes.
__________________
Savage Dragon. Accept no substitutes.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 10:54 PM   #43
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Zombie Seeker wrote: View Post
As I recall it was shown in the middle of the two episodes.
Were the behind the scenes footage entertaining to watch?

Damn, well I guess I will have to stay for the whole thing if they show the episodes the same way for this event.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 10:57 PM   #44
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

It was for me, but I love that kind of stuff and it played a big part in my decision to by the sets.
__________________
Savage Dragon. Accept no substitutes.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2012, 11:01 PM   #45
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

I really hope they show Measure of a Man first before Q Who. Save the big action episode for later.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.