Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 4 2012, 09:32 PM   #226
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacock wrote: View Post
Crossroads: Now wait a goddam minute. What happened to Teal'c's sorta wife? The mother of his kid? Wasn't there some kind of renewed love expressed before he popped her off to some planet he visits? And then an ex-girlfriend shows up and he's not only GLOWING (and that's quite a sight) but emerging from her room in the morning after last being seen there in the evening. And then he glows and grins and beams right up until she drops dead.

Have I missed something, has Teal'c been available all this time? Not that I want him to be, he's extremely unappealing and anyone who tells me there is Carter/Teal'c fic will suffer my wrath. But still, wth is going on?
Simply put, Teal'c's wife was just forgotten about in this episode. Future episodes make it clear he is still married, so for whatever reason he's open to extra-marrital affairs this week. Just go with it.
Old November 4 2012, 10:11 PM   #227
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Claudia wrote: View Post
Claudia wrote: View Post
so is it right to use the technology that was developed in order to commit that genocide?
Technology itself is neutral.
Yes, I agree - but sometimes the circumstances in which a technology is created aren't. I think there's a moral component that has to be considered carefully.
Yeah that is if you are getting it off people who are still using it and will be working on it unethically to sell to you. Grabbing it as you run through the gate is different.

gturner wrote: View Post
Teal'c is what, 110 years old, 130? There is NO pairing that we'd want to see, except maybe the oldest lady from "The Golden Girls."

Try to get that image out of your head.

Bwuhahahah!
You have a limited imagination.

And by this reckoning Vulcans aren't sexy.

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Simply put, Teal'c's wife was just forgotten about in this episode. Future episodes make it clear he is still married, so for whatever reason he's open to extra-marrital affairs this week. Just go with it.
Well okay.. the sorta wife relationship is a little dubious anyway, I figure much of it is for the sake of the boy and honoring past commitments.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 10:55 PM   #228
gturner
Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Well okay.. the sorta wife relationship is a little dubious anyway, I figure much of it is for the sake of the boy and honoring past commitments.
Well, there are several things the series never addresses, such as:

If Teal'c is 110 or so years old, how old is his wife? How long have they been married? Did she wait till she was a hundred to have their first child, or did the writers think having Teal'c say, "Our other thirty children fell in battle in the service of Apophis, as did their 83 grandchildren and 256 great-grand children" was a bit much?

They kept it simple.

Also, and you've probably caught on to this by now, the word "Kelno reem" is always preceded by the words "a deep state of". Always.
Old November 4 2012, 11:02 PM   #229
teacake
Admiral

Is there a shallow version of Kelno Reem? For.. dabblers?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 02:00 AM   #230
gturner
Admiral

I'm pretty sure Jack only made it to a shallow state of Kelno'reem when he swapped bodies withTeal'c using Mephisto's machine, but I'm sure Teal'c told him he had to reach "a deep state" of it.

It's kind of amusing once you start noticing it. If they talked about it more frequently you could turn it into a drinking game. As it is, it's better to go with "Chevron _ encoded" and take a double shot when they say "Chevron 7 - locked!"
Old November 5 2012, 04:16 AM   #231
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I noticed that about kel'no'reem many years ago. "A deep state" is all there is.
Old November 5 2012, 09:16 AM   #232
teacake
Admiral

gturner wrote: View Post
The director's commentaries mention that she was an attempt to try a Seven of Nine to see if it would do anything to the ratings,
I.. see what you mean.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 10:22 AM   #233
teacake
Admiral

Divide and Conquer: Love, sex, death, politics and betrayal.

So after reading people's Martouf lusts I actually got to the point in this episode where I found myself thinking, "okay.. I see it now.. Martouf is HOT!" And you know what happened next

I know the O'Neil and Carter thing is supposed to be very sweet and romantic (and I do like this pairing) but it was all a little convoluted confession fanfic for me.

WE MUST CONFESS OUR LOVE OR WE COULD DIE!!

But I am looking forward to where it goes next!

Best line ever: Freya propositions O'Neill for sex using the old we don't have hang ups like you line that non-earthlings always whip out and O'Neill replies, "I could blow here any minute!" WTH, seriously, how did the actors keep a straight face?! Yeah yeah they are talking about his supposed programming to kill but really

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 12:06 PM   #234
teacake
Admiral

Window of Opportunity: That was heaps of fun!

Carter and O'Neill both eating fruit loops.. there's destiny in that. O'Neill just gets more and more amusing

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 12:09 PM   #235
Skywalker
Admiral

One of my favorite episodes in the entire series. The golfing through the stargate is what got me. Oh, and...

Old November 5 2012, 12:15 PM   #236
teacake
Admiral

I like it when O'Neill is relating what happened to the Doctor and he finished with "and then I was eating my fruit loops" and she kind of widens her eyes just short of rolling them.

It's a wonderful O'Neill showcase!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 01:13 PM   #237
lurok
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Who's Ishta?
cf my av

So after reading people's Martouf lusts I actually got to the point in this episode where I found myself thinking, "okay.. I see it now.. Martouf is HOT!" And you know what happened next
Old November 5 2012, 09:39 PM   #238
gturner
Admiral

O'Neill wasn't actually eating Fruit Loops. They were glued to his spoon so they looked exactly the same in each scene!

And then we had "The Kiss", as good as anything in Times Square on VE day.

Trivia: O'Neill and Tea'lc went through at least 216 time loops if the Earth was out of contact for three months of 10-hour loops.
Old November 5 2012, 09:50 PM   #239
teacake
Admiral

Wow. He must be pissed off he didn't have time to perfect any useful skills because he had to spend all those hours learning how to decipher stuff, stuff that now that he's crammed it into his brain has no use whatsoever

And that's cool about the fruit loops, makes sense!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 5 2012, 10:36 PM   #240
gturner
Admiral

Well think of what would've happened if he'd been stuck in the time loop with the wrist bands! He would've read every book on the base, including Carter's thousand-page tome on wormhole physics. He'd be fluent in Goa'uld, Ancient, Latin, Egyptian, and about twenty other languages. He wouldn't be O'Neill anymore!

I liked the look he gave Carter at the end when she asked if he'd taken advantage of the opportunity - letting the implication that "for a hundred loops, all we did was shag each other, but we won't talk about that," hang in the air.