Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 5 2012, 04:35 AM   #391
the G-man
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Ho.
Lee.
Cow.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 04:49 AM   #392
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

That ending was gut wrenching...and Carl...oh Carl.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 04:51 AM   #393
shivkala
Rear Admiral

We never saw him fire...I wonder if that was to make it more dramatic or because he never shot Lori...
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 04:58 AM   #394
sojourner
Vice Admiral

That was nicely.... unpredictable.
Old November 5 2012, 05:19 AM   #395
Pavonis
Commodore

shivkala wrote: View Post
We never saw him fire...I wonder if that was to make it more dramatic or because he never shot Lori...
Why wouldn't he shoot Lori? She was dying, definitely going to reanimate...what would keep him from shooting her? And why would he fake it?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 05:43 AM   #396
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Vulture Capitalist wrote: View Post
As someone who has read the comics I'm not sure beyond one major plot point where they're going.
Yeah, much is not playing out as on the printed page. Then again, film and tv adaptations are notorious for changing plotlines.

I'm... not quite sure how I feel about this last episode to be honest, the resolution in particular. Daring or just cheap and ugly?
One could be called cheap...shock value.....

Not especially pleased with Andrea getting suckered in by the Governor either considering she was finally turning into somebody worth rooting for.
In my view, Andrea remains a turn-off. Not long after arriving at the Gov's compound, she's flirting with him (knowing nothing about him, and barely recovering from illness), and let's remember, she screwed....Shane....ugh.

Last edited by TREK_GOD_1; November 5 2012 at 05:58 AM.
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 05:50 AM   #397
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

The new guy better watch out if they meet a new big black guy.

I hope that didn't actually play a part in T-Dog's departure as the actor seems a nice guy. Unfortunately, it seems the character was underdeveloped compared to the others. I'm not sure he was even present for much of the time on Herschel's farm.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 06:03 AM   #398
issreliant
Lieutenant Commander

View issreliant's Twitter Profile

Wow, just wow. T dog went out like a hero, and I even felt for Lori, she really redeemed herself in that death scene, only 4 episodes in! Can't wait to ser what craziness is coming up! And what happened to carol, and was that Andrew watching her outside the prison or someone else?
Old November 5 2012, 06:06 AM   #399
C_Miller
Captain

That was actually a pretty good episode with a very powerful ending. I'm a bit sad that we aren't going to see the major death at the end occur in the same way that it happened in the comics though. That was quite possibly the game changing moment of the comics. That being said, this was pretty much an equal scene for the TV show. So I can't be too upset.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 06:31 AM   #400
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Holy CRAP, that was a sad episode. Poor T-Dog; the dude never got a good storyline. What exactly *did* happen to Carol? How are they going to feed the baby? ARGH. A GREAT, heart-breaking episode. I can't wait to see next week's!
Old November 5 2012, 06:48 AM   #401
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

If Carol is dead I don't think there will be anything to tie Daryl to the group when Meryl shows up.

I can't believe they killed Lori. Or that they were talked into the c-section so easily.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 06:52 AM   #402
SG-17
Commodore

antichristhill wrote: View Post
Holy CRAP, that was a sad episode. Poor T-Dog; the dude never got a good storyline. What exactly *did* happen to Carol? How are they going to feed the baby? ARGH. A GREAT, heart-breaking episode. I can't wait to see next week's!
If I understand it correctly, it doesn't take much for a woman to begin producing milk when presented with a hungry infant.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 06:55 AM   #403
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Why wouldn't he shoot Lori? She was dying, definitely going to reanimate...what would keep him from shooting her? And why would he fake it?
It would've been nice if the narrative had made any attempt at all to save her instead of "Ok, baby's out, don't need the carrier anymore... BLAM." Then again considering what a weak and useless character she's been so far I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it would've been nice to see her get some real development.

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Yeah, much is not playing out as on the printed page. Then again, film and tv adaptations are notorious for changing plotlines.
Which is expected and good, it's just that I wish the changes were equally as good as the original. Like Daryl and Merle good, all the time. Man do I love watching Daryl and Merle.

I'm... not quite sure how I feel about this last episode to be honest, the resolution in particular. Daring or just cheap and ugly?
One could be called cheap...shock value.....
I'm not really sure what it gains them at this point rather than later after she and Rick patch it up. I guess there's the "relentlessly turn Carl into a ruthless mini-Rick in half the time the comics did" by taking out Lori and Sophia... that and "Why was I distant so much at the end???" trauma for Rick I guess.

In my view, Andrea remains a turn-off. Not long after arriving at the Gov's compound, she's flirting with him (knowing nothing about him, and barely recovering from illness), and let's remember, she screwed....Shane....ugh.
I actually liked the very brief Andrea/Shane thing. Well, no, that's not true, they were very obnoxious except when she was learning to shoot. I like the idea in theory as a way for Andrea to become somebody interesting and Shane to get over his murderous obsession. Shame it pretty much immediately turned back into "Lori and Carl are MINE, preciousss" and Andrea was "Oh, he's really a good guy and you're all just jealous."

But yeah, I was looking for her to become the morally fibrous badass I loved and maybe take more of Dale's place - they seemed to be hinting at this when she was the only one to stand with him - instead of this googly-eyed person she seemed to have outgrown.
Old November 5 2012, 07:13 AM   #404
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I was thinking tonight that I'm not totally into this show and that it's just something I watch, then we get this. Never thought they'd kill off Lori let alone T-Dog. That was pretty unexpected.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 07:36 AM   #405
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

man, that was a good ep. i too didn't think they'd kill off Lori so early on.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote