Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 3 2012, 01:21 PM   #211
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

I like the tragic Goa'ud.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 10:00 AM   #212
teacake
Admiral

The Other Side: Even Odo couldn't raise this one above a bog standard Trek ep about superior ethics. Worst of all we end up knowing nothing! How did the (presumably) cloners come about? Were they created by the breeders? And if they SG1 were so keen to find a planet to evacuate thousands of cloners to why didn't they bother offering the same to the breeders?

It was just bleh. Oh they started this war so we have to leave in hurry and not take their tainted tech. If they care that much about how a war began why did they just swallow the first story they got told?

And WHY did they leave Odo behind? He offered to teach them what he knew to save his life yet they would rather he die and his tech with him. Silly.

(LOL I think this must be the most negative commentary I've given so far)

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 10:37 AM   #213
gturner
Admiral

Yep. That's an episode I usually skip on a rewatch, and you nailed all the reasons.

I really liked Carter's eyes at the end, when she was standing in the gate room staring disbelievingly at O'Neill.
Old November 4 2012, 11:28 AM   #214
teacake
Admiral

Crossroads: Now wait a goddam minute. What happened to Teal'c's sorta wife? The mother of his kid? Wasn't there some kind of renewed love expressed before he popped her off to some planet he visits? And then an ex-girlfriend shows up and he's not only GLOWING (and that's quite a sight) but emerging from her room in the morning after last being seen there in the evening. And then he glows and grins and beams right up until she drops dead.

Have I missed something, has Teal'c been available all this time? Not that I want him to be, he's extremely unappealing and anyone who tells me there is Carter/Teal'c fic will suffer my wrath. But still, wth is going on?

Oh wait, I just realized I've watched these out of order. Stupid circular menu option, so complex! So maybe Teal'c's wife dumped him in the previous ep.

And now to more important things.

Look at this beautiful gold eyeshadow Shan'auc has, wouldn't it be great if everyone was just swanning around in this kind of thing all the time? Why is earth fashion so pedestrian..

And, Oh Dear.. we seem to have unevenly injected our lips.

There's nothing worse than not being able to take your eyes off an actress's ridiculously pumped up lips. It's distracting.

This was a fantastic episode. Tragic, intriguing and leaving a huge storyline waiting for future eps, something that Stargate does really well. Not direct arcs so much as revealing new developments and picking them up when the time is right.

The Goa'uld deviousness is a little breathtaking. The symbiont must have realized as Shan'auc continued to try and contact it that this could be used to the Goa'uld advantage and begun a long seduction. Poor Shan'auc, to be calling this creature child believing they were working together

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 11:41 AM   #215
teacake
Admiral

gturner wrote: View Post
Yep. That's an episode I usually skip on a rewatch, and you nailed all the reasons.

I really liked Carter's eyes at the end, when she was standing in the gate room staring disbelievingly at O'Neill.
O'Neill seems to be getting more and more rash. Like, he no longer gives a shit so he's just going for it.

And now I have a question. What is the deal with Teal'c jaw/cheeks trembling like there's butterflies wedged into them? Is he grinding his teeth?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 12:31 PM   #216
gturner
Admiral

I believe he is eating btterflies.

The pouty lipped Tok'ra is introduced in the episode you missed. The director's commentaries mention that she was an attempt to try a Seven of Nine to see if it would do anything to the ratings, but it didn't quite work out for reason's you've already discerned.
Old November 4 2012, 12:45 PM   #217
Claudia
Fleet Captain

I like The Other Side quite a bit because it signifies a major shift within SG-1. So far, the dynamics were quite well balanced, but at the lastest with this episode Daniel takes some sort of back seat to all the military points of view (and of course, to advance the Jack/Sam-ship).

Of course, Odo could have been an asset, but it's a question of whether the end justifies the means. He *is* after all someone who perpetrated genocide - so is it right to use the technology that was developed in order to commit that genocide?

BTW, there are Carter/Teal'c-fics out there. *g*
http://nicky2910.booklikes.com - updated 09/08/2014: Vanguard - #1 Harbinger by David Mack: 9/10
Old November 4 2012, 12:57 PM   #218
teacake
Admiral

Claudia wrote: View Post

Of course, Odo could have been an asset, but it's a question of whether the end justifies the means. He *is* after all someone who perpetrated genocide - so is it right to use the technology that was developed in order to commit that genocide?
Technology itself is neutral.
BTW, there are Carter/Teal'c-fics out there. *g*
I've already decided Teal'c's perfect pairing is Lya.

So, these people who write such things are wrong.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 01:02 PM   #219
teacake
Admiral

Upgrade: Everyone turns into Spiderman and they love it. The Tokra are further revealed to be manipulating the humans. What we don't find out is whether they retain the knowledge of the books they read an lighting fast speed and we also don't find out what the deal is with Teal'c's sorta wife!

Carter was quite shaggy in this ep and it suits her.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 01:34 PM   #220
AJ86
Captain

I wish they'd kept Anise. I think most people on GW were disappointed that we could have had her as a regular but didn't.
Old November 4 2012, 01:40 PM   #221
teacake
Admiral

I think she had potential though she is easily the least interesting female face I've seen on the show. Maybe they were going for an insipid, almost frail looking person with a will of steel? Maybe they shouldn't have pumped her lips up so much!! (this is something that really irritates me when I see it).

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 02:23 PM   #222
Claudia
Fleet Captain

teacock wrote: View Post
Claudia wrote: View Post
so is it right to use the technology that was developed in order to commit that genocide?
Technology itself is neutral.
Yes, I agree - but sometimes the circumstances in which a technology is created aren't. I think there's a moral component that has to be considered carefully.
http://nicky2910.booklikes.com - updated 09/08/2014: Vanguard - #1 Harbinger by David Mack: 9/10
Old November 4 2012, 02:46 PM   #223
lurok
Commodore

I thought Teal'c and Ishta was interesting pairing
Old November 4 2012, 06:48 PM   #224
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Who's Ishta?
Old November 4 2012, 08:30 PM   #225
gturner
Admiral

Teal'c is what, 110 years old, 130? There is NO pairing that we'd want to see, except maybe the oldest lady from "The Golden Girls."

Try to get that image out of your head.

Bwuhahahah!