Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old November 3 2012, 12:55 AM   #16
Thraken-Sal
Ensign

Re: 1/350 TOS ENTERPRISE

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
Well, I guess R2 is too busy to respond to emails- guess they should take down their contact page. I messaged them last week, and so did my wife. No answer. So, they can pretty much suck it. I'll buy it from ebay when someone puts it there.

No don't do that man, the EVIL bay will have 900 different prices.

Try Cult TVMan or Starship Modeler They will have the regular kit for around $120 bucks or maybe less. It looks like the suggested price R2 is asking for the regular kit is only 10 bucks cheaper than the Premiere issue, so it may be even less at retail stores.

BTW if you got an email from them today, the premiere issues are in their Cali warehouse and they are taking orders right now. I got my order in and I am # 286.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Thraken-Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 02:23 AM   #17
Ziz
Commodore

Well, I guess R2 is too busy to respond to emails- guess they should take down their contact page. I messaged them last week, and so did my wife. No answer. So, they can pretty much suck it. I'll buy it from ebay when someone puts it there.
Yeah, they to drop everything they're doing to answer YOUR email, because YOUR email dictates the life and death of the entire company.

The pre-order emails have just started going out this week. I got mine today. That means they're focused on bigger issues right now.

Try this.
Old November 3 2012, 02:39 AM   #18
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Thraken-Sal wrote: View Post

No don't do that man, the EVIL bay will have 900 different prices.

Try Cult TVMan or Starship Modeler They will have the regular kit for around $120 bucks or maybe less. It looks like the suggested price R2 is asking for the regular kit is only 10 bucks cheaper than the Premiere issue, so it may be even less at retail stores.

BTW if you got an email from them today, the premiere issues are in their Cali warehouse and they are taking orders right now. I got my order in and I am # 286.
Good Point... I would rather support CTVMan or SSM... I love both sites.

Ziz wrote: View Post
Yeah, they to drop everything they're doing to answer YOUR email, because YOUR email dictates the life and death of the entire company.

The pre-order emails have just started going out this week. I got mine today. That means they're focused on bigger issues right now.

Try this.
Yeah- you're right. What is a week to respond to a customer and engage in good customer service. Espeically during precarious economic times. They should leave up their online "Contact US" form just so they can do "Better things" then respond to a potential customer.

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Ziz
Commodore

Yeah, because they're all just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses hitting "Refresh" on their email waiting for something to show up, right?

Maybe they haven't found the answer to your question yet - no point in responding if they can't tell you anything.

Maybe your email got intercepted by their spam filter.

The TOS350s are on the boat from China to the US. They've been sending out emails to all the people who pre-ordered the kit so they can place their actual order. That's 1701 emails they have to manually send because each one has to connect to individual user accounts in their system for the pre-order/order process to work properly. This is the first time they're doing anything like this so they want to monitor the process and make sure it works as intended.

They really ARE busy with bigger things right now - so shut up and wait a little longer.
Old November 3 2012, 02:25 PM   #20
aridas sofia
Rear Admiral

I wonder why I haven't gotten my email yet. I am one of the 1701 and got all the updates. Do you think that the emails offering to buy are not being sent out all at once but rather in smaller groups?
aridas sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 04:01 PM   #21
Thraken-Sal
Ensign

aridas sofia wrote: View Post
I wonder why I haven't gotten my email yet. I am one of the 1701 and got all the updates. Do you think that the emails offering to buy are not being sent out all at once but rather in smaller groups?

The way I understood it is they were going to do three or four rounds of emails to make sure everyone who signed up got their chance to buy one of the Premiere issues. There are only 1701 in the release so it could be you signed up after the initial 1701 people did and you are on the waiting list. I know it's a pain in the butt to have to wait for the kit, because I've been waiting since Wonderfest 2011 for the opportunity to get one. Those who signed up for the waiting list will get a chance if enough of the original 1701 decide to not buy, but it's a hit or miss proposition.
Old November 3 2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Albertese
Commodore

^^^
This is why I never signed up on the list. I kinda wish I had, because the updates would have been cool to see. But I figured the actual getting of one of these kits could wait till the retail release, at least for me. I'm gonna build the series version anyway so I don't need the pilot parts...

--Alex
Old November 3 2012, 10:34 PM   #23
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Ziz wrote: View Post
Yeah, because they're all just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses hitting "Refresh" on their email waiting for something to show up, right?

Maybe they haven't found the answer to your question yet - no point in responding if they can't tell you anything.

Maybe your email got intercepted by their spam filter.

The TOS350s are on the boat from China to the US. They've been sending out emails to all the people who pre-ordered the kit so they can place their actual order. That's 1701 emails they have to manually send because each one has to connect to individual user accounts in their system for the pre-order/order process to work properly. This is the first time they're doing anything like this so they want to monitor the process and make sure it works as intended.

They really ARE busy with bigger things right now - so shut up and wait a little longer.
Maybe you're right. Perhaps they only have one person there. And maybe they "ARE busy with bigger things right now" like taking orders from customers, unlike what I was trying to establish... LOL!!! What a precarious little company they must have.

Hmmm... Patience is something that someone suggested I get. Perhaps that person should take their own advice and have patience with some people as well.

That was my thought too- get the confirmation orders in and move on. But then I thought, processing an order and filling it are too different things. Guess we'll see as more people confirm they got their order here.

Thraken-Sal wrote: View Post

The way I understood it is they were going to do three or four rounds of emails to make sure everyone who signed up got their chance to buy one of the Premiere issues. There are only 1701 in the release so it could be you signed up after the initial 1701 people did and you are on the waiting list. I know it's a pain in the butt to have to wait for the kit, because I've been waiting since Wonderfest 2011 for the opportunity to get one. Those who signed up for the waiting list will get a chance if enough of the original 1701 decide to not buy, but it's a hit or miss proposition.
Right- and you'd still potentially be on the 1701 list, but miss out on if the first 1701 people actually placed orders. That's unlikely though.

Albertese wrote: View Post
^^^
This is why I never signed up on the list. I kinda wish I had, because the updates would have been cool to see. But I figured the actual getting of one of these kits could wait till the retail release, at least for me. I'm gonna build the series version anyway so I don't need the pilot parts...

--Alex
I didn't want to build the pilot version either. Meh- I will wait since neither my wife nor I heard from them. Hell, I still have TMP E on the go. I have no idea where I'm going to display that and I have a big house!

Old November 5 2012, 10:51 PM   #24
Q2UnME
Commodore

Looks like small groups. Got my notification early evening 11/02. Placed my order today. Order #909.

Long time comming. Can't wait!

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2012, 03:27 AM   #25
Forbin
Admiral

I was # 266!
It was kind of exciting that I happened to be online at the moment the email popped up in my Outlook.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2012, 03:01 PM   #26
Thraken-Sal
Ensign

Got the shipment email this morning. One more barrier down!
Old November 10 2012, 03:31 PM   #27
Forbin
Admiral

My ship has shipped!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

OPEN IT! OPEN IT!!!

Old November 10 2012, 11:26 PM   #29
Thraken-Sal
Ensign

LOL I will when it gets here, next week
Old November 19 2012, 06:37 PM   #30
Q2UnME
Commodore

Anyone receive theirs yet? Pictures are required if you open your box and nose around inside. Personally, I'm not sure if I'll open mine just yet. Still back-and-forth on whether I'm going to build it right away or if I'll wait. I've got so many kits started, Mrs. Q2 has been after me to finish the 4 or 5 I've got started before taking on anything new. Who knows, perhaps I'll wait a few years and dump it on Sleez-Bay for a tidy profit!

Q2UnME

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote