RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,680
Members: 24,205
Currently online: 723
Newest member: JMSmith97

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old November 1 2012, 03:40 AM   #16
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Why the random episiodes?

^^Which has since been broken by Smallville.
Old November 1 2012, 04:31 AM   #17
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Oh, hush, you.

What is it? 8 or 10 episodes more (SG1 had 10 Seasons, 5 or more at 22 episodes and the rest at 20; Smallville was 22 all the way through)? Take the DTV SG-1 stories, and you can knock another 4 episodes off the difference, so it's barely broken

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old November 2 2012, 03:46 AM   #18
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

AJ86 wrote: View Post
It's because Syfy wanted most episodes record.
Yeah, but I'm not sure that it counts for Syfy because 5 of those seasons were on another network, iirc.

Re: Smallville

I think they were on the same network the whole time, so it really counts for the CW. Not that this matters much anyway...

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Old November 2 2012, 11:07 AM   #19
AJ86
Captain

Smallville certainly has more episodes, but science fiction? Meh. It's only a North American award anyway, Dr. Who beats them both for consecutive and total episodes.
Old November 2 2012, 01:26 PM   #20
The Wormhole
Admiral

Spook/Hoorah! Admirer wrote: View Post
AJ86 wrote: View Post
It's because Syfy wanted most episodes record.
Yeah, but I'm not sure that it counts for Syfy because 5 of those seasons were on another network, iirc.

Re: Smallville

I think they were on the same network the whole time, so it really counts for the CW. Not that this matters much anyway...
Even that's open for debate, since the CW wasn't established until 2006. Smallville would have been beginning its sixth season, the first five were on the WB.

So, really, it's the same situation as Stargate. Stargate has five seasons on Showtime, five on SyFy, Smalliville has five on the WB and five on the CW.

But yeah, Doctor Who has both beat. Twenty-six consecutive years, it'll be a while before that's beaten.
Old November 3 2012, 03:00 AM   #21
gturner
Admiral

But yeah, Doctor Who has both beat. Twenty-six consecutive years, it'll be a while before that's beaten.
Dr. Who never had a consecutive year of anything because they jump back and forth through time!

"Primeval: New World" has just premiered in Canada (wiki link). The first two episodes listed are from Martin Wood and Andy Makita.
Old November 3 2012, 03:19 AM   #22
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

gturner wrote: View Post

Dr. Who never had a consecutive year of anything because they jump back and forth through time!

"Primeval: New World" has just premiered in Canada (wiki link). The first two episodes listed are from Martin Wood and Andy Makita.
I enjoyed the 5 Series from the UK, all the way through. I've been looking forward to this, because Producing (And possibly story ideas or Directing?) is being done by Amanda Tapping, and I wanted to see what she was doing next, after Sanctuary plus it was more Primeval , and Niall Matter is HAWT . But, Guy Gardener, who's generally pretty generous, is Savaging it

I still want to see it though

<Dobby bashes his head against things, and ties his ears together and Pulls, to repent for all the Emoticons :embarrassed:>

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old November 8 2012, 10:13 PM   #23
Maxillius
Lieutenant Commander

That's *still* on?!? I thought that got cancelled years ago.

Regarding RDA's "phoning it in", From season 7 on, RDA wanted to spend more time with family, and Don S. Davis's health was failing so the writers and producers decided to promote O'Neill which allowed RDA to take more time off, and Don Davis to retire (mostly).

The least enjoyable seasons of SG-1 for me is season 6. I just never felt the Jonas character and that series in general felt like it was a Sci-Fi Channel show first, Stargate second. *That* element never went away, but at least it was never obvious on Atlantis.

Last edited by Maxillius; November 8 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Typo
Old November 8 2012, 11:24 PM   #24
The Wormhole
Admiral

Maxillius wrote: View Post
That's *still* on?!? I thought that got cancelled years ago.
Smallville ended in 2011 with 10 seasons and 218 episodes, four episodes more than SG-1.
Old November 11 2012, 04:12 AM   #25
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Harvey wrote: View Post
The series never took itself totally seriously -- one of its virtues, in my opinion. Having said that, I rather like "The Changeling" (which features Teal'c as a firefighter).
Teal'c as a Firefighter was the first episode I ever watched, and it confused the hell out of me.
Much later, after seeing everything in context, that episode works pretty well in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, the show always had a sense of humor about itself, but RDA really started phoning it in starting in season six.
Old November 11 2012, 06:59 AM   #26
gturner
Admiral

Actually the inhabitants of many worlds thought O'Neill was phoning it in way before season 6. "He just showed up, looked around, made a few jokes, went into the pyramid and blew something up, came out, told us to bury our stargate, and left! WTF?"