Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 1 2012, 02:18 AM   #31
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: star trek into darkness trailer release date

serenitytrek1, the problem isn't that you have said the film might suck (But you don't want it to). The problem is, that's about all you say. You bring it up over, and over...., it's your average post

Yes, there's a chance any movie could suck...and...???

There's no evidence that STID is going to suck. It's JJ's MO to keep things hush hush. His "Movie Sucked" ratio is still pretty low, so, no reason to assign extra "Risk of Suckiness" to the lack of trailer or details, which is SOP for him

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 02:41 AM   #32
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: star trek into dark ness trailer release date

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post

I think you the one acting foolish and quite childish. My god what is with all you die hard fan males. I cant belive many of you are so deluded that you actually think there is not a good chance that star trek 2013 may be a bad film.

As a film fan, I am been realistic. Judging from your comments you seem to be one of those people that could threaten a film critic if they gave trek 2013 a bad review.

I donít know what is so stupid about saying trek 2013 may be a bad film or may not live up to the first film.

I donít want that happen at all ...however there is a good chance it might not be as good as the original.that is the way sequels are sometimes but not all the times.

That is the truth.You need to deal with it and stop getting all worked up.

What is rhetoric is too lash out at other people when they say something you donít want to hear.

Tell me... what will you do if you go on rottentomatoes.com a day before the 2013 film is released and you see the score at 22% rotten out of a 100% .

Will you call the film critics and experts foolish?
(emphasis mine)

serenitytrek1, you were just asked to knock it off and settle down, and you're very much not doing that. Instead, you've stepped it up to name-calling, accusations of delusion, and baiting.

That failure will earn you a warning. Any comments concerning this should be taken to PM, please.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 09:04 AM   #33
serenitytrek1
Commander

M'Sharak wrote: View Post

I think you the one acting foolish and quite childish. My god what is with all you die hard fan males. I cant belive many of you are so deluded that you actually think there is not a good chance that star trek 2013 may be a bad film.

As a film fan, I am been realistic. Judging from your comments you seem to be one of those people that could threaten a film critic if they gave trek 2013 a bad review.

I don’t know what is so stupid about saying trek 2013 may be a bad film or may not live up to the first film.

I don’t want that happen at all ...however there is a good chance it might not be as good as the original.that is the way sequels are sometimes but not all the times.

That is the truth.You need to deal with it and stop getting all worked up.

What is rhetoric is too lash out at other people when they say something you don’t want to hear.

Tell me... what will you do if you go on rottentomatoes.com a day before the 2013 film is released and you see the score at 22% rotten out of a 100% .

Will you call the film critics and experts foolish?
(emphasis mine)

serenitytrek1, you were just asked to knock it off and settle down, and you're very much not doing that. Instead, you've stepped it up to name-calling, accusations of delusion, and baiting.

That failure will earn you a warning. Any comments concerning this should be taken to PM, please.

Hypocrisy is not a nice thing ...read the thread again. I was the one called foolish, rhetoric, incoherent and garbling first because I said something you and another didn’t like. Don’t worry,I will tone it down. it obvious many people here can’t handle criticism or someone been harsh for a good cause.

Like I am even harsh..

Last edited by serenitytrek1; November 1 2012 at 02:41 PM.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 09:18 AM   #34
teacock
Admiral

Sweetie that's a moderator you're talking to. Just in case you missed it.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 10:08 AM   #35
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

teacock wrote: View Post
Serenity, opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one (except my Uncle Ernie who had cancer of the rectum and now shits out of a tube - true story by the way) but some stink except mine which smells of cloves, 5 spice and pine.

Reminds me of Christmas actually, Christ it's less than 2 months until Christmas! My arse is great, it's like a built in Christmas sensor.
Transwarp Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 10:21 AM   #36
teacock
Admiral

Make sure you hang some mistletoe down your back dude.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 02:48 PM   #37
serenitytrek1
Commander

Honey maybe the moderator should not have been a hypocrite and I say this with respect to her but someone on this thread called me foolish. I wonder why she didnít call him out too.

Anyway, I told him he was the one been foolish because he didnít like my opinions of what trek 2013 could become.Sad thing is my opinon was based on realism.

I hope the moderator will forgive me for been Simon Cowell but the truth is that most of the time Simon always got it right.
Old November 1 2012, 02:57 PM   #38
serenitytrek1
Commander

Transwarp Drive wrote: View Post
Serenity, opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one (except my Uncle Ernie who had cancer of the rectum and now shits out of a tube - true story by the way) but some stink except mine which smells of cloves, 5 spice and pine.

Reminds me of Christmas actually, Christ it's less than 2 months until Christmas! My arse is great, it's like a built in Christmas sensor.

I hope the moderator is reading this. My opinions are called arseholes...go figure

This just proves my point that many people on this board are childlike.

They can’t take a critic. So they lash out and result to insults.

If StarTrek 2013 turns out to be a bad film, I could easily sue for defamation and slander.( Am kidding )

Grow up guys...come on ...you people are Star Trek fans not Twilight or Justin Bieber fans. I except some kind of unique intelligence from most of you.

The unique intelligence of respecting others people’s opinions even if you disagree with them.
Old November 1 2012, 05:53 PM   #39
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

Transwarp Drive wrote: View Post

I hope the moderator is reading this. My opinions are called arseholes...go figure

This just proves my point that many people on this board are childlike.

They can’t take a critic. So they lash out and result to insults.

If StarTrek 2013 turns out to be a bad film, I could easily sue for defamation and slander.( Am kidding )

Grow up guys...come on ...you people are Star Trek fans not Twilight or Justin Bieber fans. I except some kind of unique intelligence from most of you.

The unique intelligence of respecting others people’s opinions even if you disagree with them.
Nah, I'm not playing, I didn't call 'your' opinions arseholes, my post said all opinions are arseholes actually, as in we've all got one but some stink, like arseholes.

I then went on to tell you about Uncle Ernies arse tube and how my arsehole smells of cloves, 5 spice and pine before realising Christmas is less than 2 months away. I made no mention of your arsehole and the fact is the only arsehole discussed was mine as Uncle Ernie's was surgically removed.

Now what's the problem?

Moreover, I made no mention of, or alluded to, post after post of opinionated and humourless drivel argued with the charm and grace of an 11 year old, and neither would I as that would be rude and uncalled for.

It's a message board, on t'internet, don't get your knick knacks in a twist.

Jeez Louise.

Last edited by Transwarp Drive; November 1 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Transwarp Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Dukhat
Commodore

Honey maybe the moderator should not have been a hypocrite and I say this with respect to her but someone on this thread called me foolish. I wonder why she didnít call him out too.

Anyway, I told him he was the one been foolish because he didnít like my opinions of what trek 2013 could become.Sad thing is my opinon was based on realism.

I hope the moderator will forgive me for been Simon Cowell but the truth is that most of the time Simon always got it right.
Since you're just asking to get kicked out of here instead of taking the moderator's advice and shutting the hell up and dropping the subject, I'll say my goodbyes to you now.
Old November 1 2012, 09:11 PM   #41
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

cheesy dialogue ,horrible acting, bad visual effects.
etc.

SW:Episode 1 and batman and robin had all these in their tailers.
So did the trailers for the 1977 film "Star Wars" and the 1982 film "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan." Your point fails.
I haven't seen the TWOK trailer but the very first one for SW, included on the OT DVDs (and presumably the blu-rays too) is awful. It actually makes the film look bad - like something you wouldn't want to see.

And I've lost count of the trailers which made a movie look brilliant but which ultimately turned out to be dire.
Old November 1 2012, 09:23 PM   #42
serenitytrek1
Commander

Dukhat wrote: View Post

Since you're just asking to get kicked out of here instead of taking the moderator's advice and shutting the hell up and dropping the subject, I'll say my goodbyes to you now.

Am guessing the moderator would kick you out in the first place, since you are using words like SHUT THE HELL UP.

People like you should be camping outside for days,waiting for the next twilight films to come out or waiting for justin bieber to be on the carpet.your behaviour and words fits that type of fanbase.
Old November 1 2012, 09:37 PM   #43
serenitytrek1
Commander

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
cheesy dialogue ,horrible acting, bad visual effects.
etc.

SW:Episode 1 and batman and robin had all these in their tailers.
So did the trailers for the 1977 film "Star Wars" and the 1982 film "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan." Your point fails.
I haven't seen the TWOK trailer but the very first one for SW, included on the OT DVDs (and presumably the blu-rays too) is awful. It actually makes the film look bad - like something you wouldn't want to see.

And I've lost count of the trailers which made a movie look brilliant but which ultimately turned out to be dire.

Wow...thank God.

Now I know I am not losing my mind. Finally somebody on this board that understands what I mean when I say a trailer can sometimes foreshadow the outcome of a film.

yeah ...I too saw the trailer for ST: The motion picture and it wasn’t great just like the movie itself.

However I wouldn’t say it is as bad as the Green Lantern trailer, that trailer was so bad that even Warber Bros had to make excuses for the negative reacation. The trailer got so much negative reviews that Warner Bros had to edit the whole film over again. Sadly that didn’t help, the movie was still terrible.

Do I think Star Trek 2013 will suffer the same faith? I will say NO by 85%

However its Hollywood and sometimes we need to prepared for the worst.

That's all am saying. it’s simple English. There is no need for slurs and rudeness.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; November 1 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old November 1 2012, 09:41 PM   #44
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^*Raises hand sheepishly. While I haven't seen GL (mainly due to the bad word of mouth) I quite like the original trailer...
Old November 1 2012, 09:42 PM   #45
Dukhat
Commodore

Dukhat wrote: View Post

Honey maybe the moderator should not have been a hypocrite and I say this with respect to her but someone on this thread called me foolish. I wonder why she didn’t call him out too.

Anyway, I told him he was the one been foolish because he didn’t like my opinions of what trek 2013 could become.Sad thing is my opinon was based on realism.

Am guessing the moderator would kick you out in the first place, since you are using words like SHUT THE HELL UP.

People like you should be camping outside for days,waiting for the next twilight films to come out or waiting for justin bieber to be on the carpet.your behaviour and words fits that type of fanbase.
Since it's obvious now that you're just trolling, it doesn't matter what I say to you, because you'll be going bye-bye soon.