RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,201
Posts: 5,404,374
Members: 24,758
Currently online: 567
Newest member: ashlynnbrooke80

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 30 2012, 06:13 PM   #331
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
throwback wrote: View Post
I don't think there is a bright future in this universe.
Well, that goes with the territory! With the exception of the horror/comedy Return of the Living Dead II (where the zombie problem is solved, and the heroes survive), I cannot recall another where the future was anything other than the death toll rising or permanent dread for the survivors.
Shaun of the Dead.
But in SotD, the zombie problem continued, so what kind of future would the living population look forward to? I don't think playing with decomposing bodies on game shows, or keeping one in the shed (on a chain) comedic or not--is a bright outcome for all involved.
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 06:41 PM   #332
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Lost in Moria (Arlington, WA, USA)
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I dunno... the zombies probably thought it was a pretty good deal!
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 06:57 PM   #333
LitmusDragon
Commodore
 
LitmusDragon's Avatar
 
Location: The Barmuda Triangle
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Well, that goes with the territory! With the exception of the horror/comedy Return of the Living Dead II (where the zombie problem is solved, and the heroes survive), I cannot recall another where the future was anything other than the death toll rising or permanent dread for the survivors.
Does World War Z count? Granted, it's a book not a film.
__________________
I made an 8-bit style RPG, here it is
I'm getting married on July 19, 2014.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 07:25 PM   #334
Ryan8bit
Commodore
 
Ryan8bit's Avatar
 
Location: St. Paul, MN
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Question:

Are people that died before the outbreak able to reanimate? Or do you have to be living to catch the disease that everyone has? I'm just wondering what might be going down at the cemeteries.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 07:43 PM   #335
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Question:

Are people that died before the outbreak able to reanimate? Or do you have to be living to catch the disease that everyone has? I'm just wondering what might be going down at the cemeteries.
We have no onscreen evidence that the already dead reanimate. But I always thought it was unlikely in the zombie flicks that portray the fact that they do that the zombie could crawl out of a coffin and up 6 feet of dirt. Besides they seem to be motivated on a need to feed and nothing in a coffin would agitate them.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 10:00 PM   #336
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain
 
TREK_GOD_1's Avatar
 
Location: Escaped from Delta Vega
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

DarthTom wrote: View Post
But I always thought it was unlikely in the zombie flicks that portray the fact that they do that the zombie could crawl out of a coffin and up 6 feet of dirt. Besides they seem to be motivated on a need to feed and nothing in a coffin would agitate them.
I guess filmmakers hope the same suspension of disbelief used to buy cannibal zombies will apply to a rotting body bing able to move through hundreds of pounds of dirt, yet when they are walking around, they are no match for most humans in one on one struggles.

...unless the human was The Walking Dead's Dale, who seemed to just lay down for that zombie...
__________________
"...to be like God, you have the power to make the world anything you want it to be."
TREK_GOD_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 10:22 PM   #337
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Diseases can exist for centuries before becoming plagues under the right conditions-- the Black Death and AIDs are examples. There may have been individual instances or small outbreaks throughout History before the Zombie Apocalypse finally struck (although some government lab may have been trying to weaponize it or something).

LitmusDragon wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Well, that goes with the territory! With the exception of the horror/comedy Return of the Living Dead II (where the zombie problem is solved, and the heroes survive), I cannot recall another where the future was anything other than the death toll rising or permanent dread for the survivors.
Does World War Z count? Granted, it's a book not a film.
I was thinking the same thing. They came out of it pretty well.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:34 PM   #338
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Interesting that Woodbury also has a pregnant woman soon to give birth.

If we get to see the results of this baby and Lori's, maybe we'll find out if Rick has some special immunity passed on to Lori's baby while this unknown child doesn't. More likely, it's not going to be addressed.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 12:19 AM   #339
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

^??? Are you assuming that all children will be born undead?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 12:31 AM   #340
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
he looked at the photo of his family, and it looked like the woman in his bed was someone else, so i'm assuming his family is dead. He might be clinging to the hope that he could bring them back. did any of the heads in his zombie aquarium look like his kid or his wife?
I was looking but I didn't see the wife or daughter's heads among the other heads.

Also the woman in the bed looked like the woman who gave Andrea and Michonne the guided tour of Woodbury.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 04:17 AM   #341
Mr_Homn
Captain
 
Mr_Homn's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

About Lori's Baby, I see a few possible outcomes in no particular order:

1. Baby is born and Lori Lives. There is no way for them to know for sure whether the baby is infected without advanced lab equipment. No new knowledge is gained, really, but everyone (mostly) is happy about this.

2. Baby is born and Lori dies in birth. Lori turns into a zombie, perhaps even during the pregnancy. Could be a pretty intense episode to have to deliver a baby from a zombie. No new knowledge is gained though.

3. Baby dies in the womb or during child birth. Turns into zombie and possibly kills Lori (if shes still alive) from the inside (this would be difficult seeing as how the baby will have no teeth, but I'm sure with enough zombie persistence it would eventually kill her) Gained Knowledge: We now know that there is probably no hope for a world without zombies because newborns/fetus are infected too.

4. Baby dies in the womb or during child birth. Does not turn. This could be very important because even if the baby is dead, it could show that newborns might not be infected. Ironically, the death of the baby could provide hope for humanity of a world without zombies.
__________________
"Thank you.. for the drinks."

Last edited by Mr_Homn; October 31 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 04:50 AM   #342
Pavonis
Commodore
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
4. Baby dies in the womb or during child birth. Does not turn. This could be very important because even if the baby is dead, it could show that newborns might not be infected. Ironically, the death of the baby could provide hope for humanity of a world without zombies.
Unless the zombie infection agent somehow prevents the birth of live babies even if it doesn't reanimate them, in which case the current generation would have to acknowledge that they will be the last humans ever.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 04:54 AM   #343
Mr_Homn
Captain
 
Mr_Homn's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
4. Baby dies in the womb or during child birth. Does not turn. This could be very important because even if the baby is dead, it could show that newborns might not be infected. Ironically, the death of the baby could provide hope for humanity of a world without zombies.
Unless the zombie infection agent somehow prevents the birth of live babies even if it doesn't reanimate them, in which case the current generation would have to acknowledge that they will be the last humans ever.
True. That's another scenario. But I feel like if that were the case, the baby wouldn't have made it far enough to grow into a fetus.

Ya know, the thing is, someone in the post apocalyptic Walking Dead universe has probably given birth to a baby (or tried to) by now. Lori can't be the only pregnant woman around (And she isn't, as we know there at least one in woodberry)... So somewhere out there in Walking Dead Land must know what's up... I bet we'll find out soon. Perhaps Andrea (and the viewers at home) will find out from talking to people in Woodberry.
__________________
"Thank you.. for the drinks."
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 05:08 AM   #344
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Most likely scenario? Babies are born just as before the virus. Infected like everyone else. If they die, they turn, just like everyone else.

I really don't think Rick is "special" it goes against everything the story has been doing to this point.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 06:38 PM   #345
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral
 
Alpha Romeo's Avatar
 
Location: Connecticut
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

wissaBOO wrote: View Post
I think there is something going on with the tea

Yea I agree.
__________________
"Kirk would have fucked the cold dead skull of the Borg Queen when it was all over."
Alpha Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
the walking dead, twd

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.