Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 29 2012, 10:54 AM   #31
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

Re: Assassin's Creed III

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...?newsfeed=true

Just read that preview (not a particularly good preview tbh) and glanced at the comments. Depressing. The Easily Offended Brigade are stil whining about the fact that Connor will spend a lot of time killing British soldiers.

Urgh. I've killed plenty of germans, americans, arabs and extra terrestrials in videogames. Quite happy for my fellow brits to get some stabby action too.
Old October 29 2012, 01:59 PM   #32
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Tempting. I have the first one for Xbox that I snagged for like 10 bucks like 3 years ago now. Maybe I'll throw it in this weekend. From what I understand it's not a particularly long game, but the sequels really improve on the original which has a lot of flaws. Will try to play with an open mind.
I wouldn't say the original has a lot of flaws, but one big one: it's rather repetitive. The sequels introduce a lot more variety in the missions.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 03:24 PM   #33
RoJoHen
Awesome

I need it to be tomorrow.
Old October 29 2012, 03:58 PM   #34
BigFoot
Admiral

I don't work from Wednesday to Sunday so I'll have plenty of time to play this and NFS:MW.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 04:01 PM   #35
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I'm holding out for the PC version...is proving to be difficult! I'd love to dig into it right away.
Old October 30 2012, 07:28 PM   #36
RoJoHen
Awesome

Just got back from buying it. I don't know if I should start playing it or not because I have to work in a few hours, and I have a feeling I'm going to be cranky when I have to put the controller down.
Old October 30 2012, 08:34 PM   #37
BigFoot
Admiral

I just started downloading my copy.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 12:35 AM   #38
Yminale
Rear Admiral

I would have bought this game if it was historically accurate. Yeah I get to fight with the Founding Fathers except most of them were Free Masons who are associated with the TEMPLARS! WTF?! So I'm fighting for the Templars now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Freemasonry

As for the slaughter that began the story, Colonists and their militia were responsible for more deaths of native americans than the British. That's why native tribes like the MOHAWKS sided with the British.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were an Assassin fighting for the British against the rebel colonist who were secretly controlled by the Templars. Benjamin Franklin could be your nemesis. Of course Ubisoft loves money more than history so we get AC the American (Lame) Revolution version.
Old October 31 2012, 02:43 AM   #39
RoJoHen
Awesome

I bought it because I want to assassinate people with a tomahawk.
Old October 31 2012, 03:00 AM   #40
Skywalker
Admiral

Yminale wrote: View Post
I would have bought this game if it was historically accurate. Yeah I get to fight with the Founding Fathers except most of them were Free Masons who are associated with the TEMPLARS! WTF?! So I'm fighting for the Templars now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Freemasonry

As for the slaughter that began the story, Colonists and their militia were responsible for more deaths of native americans than the British. That's why native tribes like the MOHAWKS sided with the British.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were an Assassin fighting for the British against the rebel colonist who were secretly controlled by the Templars. Benjamin Franklin could be your nemesis. Of course Ubisoft loves money more than history so we get AC the American (Lame) Revolution version.
I don't know the entire story, but wasn't it revealed in one of the previous games that

was a Templar? I think it would be interesting if Connor thinks he's working for the good guys, and then it turns out he's been fighting for the Templars all along.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 07:25 AM   #41
RoJoHen
Awesome

Weird start to the game. I've been playing for about two hours, and I haven't even seen mention of this Connor character yet, even though he's supposedly the main focus of the game. I've been running around Boston as some random British dude, and I have absolutely no idea where the story is going to take me.
Old October 31 2012, 10:09 AM   #42
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Weird start to the game. I've been playing for about two hours, and I haven't even seen mention of this Connor character yet, even though he's supposedly the main focus of the game. I've been running around Boston as some random British dude, and I have absolutely no idea where the story is going to take me.
He's probably Connor's father. Connor is supposed to be half British so that would be my guess.
Old October 31 2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Yeah, the review at gametrailers said there was a slow start/buildup.
Old October 31 2012, 08:39 PM   #44
RoJoHen
Awesome

6079SmithW wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
He's probably Connor's father. Connor is supposed to be half British so that would be my guess.
Yeah, I'm into Sequence 3 (about 3 hours into gameplay), and it looks like British Dude is about to get it on with an Indian chick.

The build up is very slow, which probably wouldn't be so noticeable if this was my first AC game. But since I've already played the other games and know the controls pretty well, it's a just tad annoying.
Old November 1 2012, 06:50 AM   #45
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I'm putting this on my Christmas list. I've just read a great review that made me salivate. Particularly in hearing that you'll have a ship that you can do battles with. Sounds like a lot of fun. Made me wish for a new Sid Meir's Pirates! with a 3D engine.

http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/...iscussion_id=0
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote