RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,664
Members: 24,815
Currently online: 471
Newest member: AlphaZero

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old October 30 2012, 01:57 PM   #421
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

As for the London games... have we ever sent them a good game? It seems like the only games they get are ugly blowouts or a pissing match between two bad teams.
They tend to send over a 'home' team that isn't very good and doesn't sell out their stadium, so no one will miss them for a week. And then a 'road' team that is usually a marquee franchise the NFL wants to show off.

Surprisingly the scores have been pretty even for the most part, other than the smackdowns the Pats laid on Tampa and St. Louis, which is fine in my book.

Next year is 49ers vs. Jags, which fits the mold.
Old October 30 2012, 02:48 PM   #422
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Went to Green Bay for the weekend to see the Packers game. It wasn't pretty, but at least they won. Had a blast, but not sure it was worth the $1000+ it cost. I love Lambeau, but between the tickets, hotel and travel costs, it's cheaper to see them play just about anywhere else.
Old October 30 2012, 05:58 PM   #423
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Well, I enjoyed that 49ers game last night. It will be a while before they play again though, which is a shame, but it's time for a bye. Looking forward to this weekends games and being able to watch pretty much all of them. That Indy game looks like it might be the game of the week.
Old October 30 2012, 07:05 PM   #424
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
Went to Green Bay for the weekend to see the Packers game. It wasn't pretty, but at least they won. Had a blast, but not sure it was worth the $1000+ it cost. I love Lambeau, but between the tickets, hotel and travel costs, it's cheaper to see them play just about anywhere else.
I know what you mean. Last year I had the game here in San Diego to hold me over, only costs was the ~$80 per ticket to hold me over. The weather was crap that day but it was a wildly entertaining no-defense display to watch surrounded by bitter Chargers fans.

I'm skipping the expense this year... next year I don't think there are any nearby games on the schedule so I might have to make the Lambeau pilgrimage.
Old October 30 2012, 11:59 PM   #425
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I see the game at MetLife Stadium is still on for this week. How are they going to manage that?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old October 31 2012, 12:10 AM   #426
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

No damage to the stadium and no way they're losing out on ticket sales.
Old October 31 2012, 12:23 AM   #427
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ But if the fans and players can't actually REACH the stadium... I mean have you seen what those streets look like now? And of course the transit system is shut down completely. Which I assume includes NJ light rail.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old October 31 2012, 03:15 AM   #428
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ But if the fans and players can't actually REACH the stadium... I mean have you seen what those streets look like now? And of course the transit system is shut down completely. Which I assume includes NJ light rail.
Today is Tuesday. The game is Sunday afternoon. Plenty of time for cleanup between now and then.
Old October 31 2012, 04:31 PM   #429
tighr
Commodore

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Unfortunately, most of the type of fans who can actually afford to go to NFL games at the Meadowlands probably aren't affected by light rail being down.
Old October 31 2012, 09:55 PM   #430
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
I know what you mean. Last year I had the game here in San Diego to hold me over, only costs was the ~$80 per ticket to hold me over. The weather was crap that day but it was a wildly entertaining no-defense display to watch surrounded by bitter Chargers fans.

I'm skipping the expense this year... next year I don't think there are any nearby games on the schedule so I might have to make the Lambeau pilgrimage.
The only way I can see the Packers on the cheap is to go when they play at the Metrodome. Crappy stadium, but that's what I'll probably do next year.
Old November 4 2012, 09:48 PM   #431
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I'm wondering if da Bears could score 60 today. Still 10 minutes to go.

Finally giving it to a bad team like they should.
Old November 5 2012, 03:09 AM   #432
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

My Pick'ems were sweeeeeet today.
Old November 5 2012, 02:49 PM   #433
Neroon
Mod of balance

Interesting tidbit from Dan Patrick yesterday. The Tampa Bay Bucs RB Doug Martin is the first player in NFL history - least in the Super Bowl era - to have 3 TD runs of 40+ yards in the same game. He had a 45 and a 67 yard run in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, he had one of 70 yds.
- Proverbs 12:20
Old November 5 2012, 08:45 PM   #434
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

All Saints Mod wrote: View Post
Interesting tidbit from Dan Patrick yesterday. The Tampa Bay Bucs RB Doug Martin is the first player in NFL history - least in the Super Bowl era - to have 3 TD runs of 40+ yards in the same game. He had a 45 and a 67 yard run in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, he had one of 70 yds.
Old November 8 2012, 10:36 PM   #435
drychlick
Captain

i went to the 49er vs Arizona game on Oct 29! i had a good time at the game But what a let down how can a team that 4 and go 0 and 5 the next 5? and i thought this year we was going to take the west!
Closed Thread