Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 30 2012, 11:22 PM   #151
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Mach5 wrote: View Post
And I know precisely how you know, Stoklasa.
Old October 30 2012, 11:24 PM   #152
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

My brother had an interesting thought about this. Considering how Joss Whedon is chums with Disney, this might open the possibility of him being involved in future Star Wars movies. Think about it: Star Wars written by Joss Whedon.

Hmm, also, maybe Pixar Star Wars? Not necessarily a full blown movie. Maybe some shorts.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:24 PM   #153
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Episode 7: The Reign of Jar Jar. Fear! The galaxy is in disarray. The Empire has fallen into Civil War. The Rebellion, now calling itself the New Republic is unable to keep order. Factions have arisen. The Trade Federation's Droid Army has been reactivated. Imperial forces once loyal to Emperor Palpatine have pledged their allegiance to the highest bidder. Senator Jar Jar Binks, having been elected Chancellor by a small majority in the newly formed Republican Senate following the destruction of the Death Star II, has seized power and rules with an iron fist. On the planet below, Luke and Leia are training the next generation of Jedi. Elsewhere, Han shoots first...

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:25 PM   #154
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Good luck roping Harrison Ford into playing Han Solo again. He's said repeatedly over the years that Solo was a fun gig for him and he's grateful that it made him a star, but wasn't a meaty role with the kind of depth and backstory he likes and prefers in his characters. That doesn't mean that Disney and Lucasfilm can't dangle an enormous, record-breaking paycheck in front of him to make him change his mind, but as of right now I don't think Harrison is interested in reviving Han Solo as a much older, grouchier former Rebel griping to Chewie in the New Republic.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:26 PM   #155
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Yminale wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
What exactly is the specific fear of Disney owning Star Wars?
Google Stockholm syndrome
I know what Stockholm Syndrome is, but, I don't get what you'e saying?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:27 PM   #156
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

^
New Indiana Jones movie or cartoon in the future now?

What's wrong Disney? "Avenger's" didn't make enough money for you?

Good grief. The rich get richer.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:29 PM   #157
Ubik
Commodore

Guys, this is fantastic news. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones sucked majorly, and Revenge of the Sith was better but not great. Handing the movies onto a new director and script writer can only improve things, or keep them about where they are now. It can't make things worse.

Disney is no "more" of a corporation than Lucasfilm or 20th Century Fox, so nothing has changed there. All Disney has to do is hire the right writer and director, and we may conceivably get a Star Wars movie better than anything we've seen since the early 80's. At worst, it's mindless CGI-filled crap, which is all we've gotten from that franchise in the last decade or so anyway.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:30 PM   #158
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Im in shock that Lucas would sell out to Disney, please wake me up from this dream.
Search your feelings... you know it to be true!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:30 PM   #159
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Yminale wrote: View Post
My childhood has finally died
I disagree. Your childhood just became more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:32 PM   #160
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Ubik wrote: View Post
Disney is no "more" of a corporation than Lucasfilm or 20th Century Fox, so nothing has changed there. All Disney has to do is hire the right writer and director, and we may conceivably get a Star Wars movie better than anything we've seen since the early 80's. At worst, it's mindless CGI-filled crap, which is all we've gotten from that franchise in the last decade or so anyway.
^
This. +1.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:33 PM   #161
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:33 PM   #162
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Ghouleddie74 wrote: View Post
I imagine they'll retain John Williams for Episodes VII-IX provided the man is still alive and kicking and can contribute new compositions to the Saga.
For the love of all that is holy, they'd better! Star Wars isn't Star Wars without John Williams.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:33 PM   #163
FlyingLemons
Vice Admiral

Ghouleddie74 wrote: View Post
Good luck roping Harrison Ford into playing Han Solo again. He's said repeatedly over the years that Solo was a fun gig for him and he's grateful that it made him a star, but wasn't a meaty role with the kind of depth and backstory he likes and prefers in his characters. That doesn't mean that Disney and Lucasfilm can't dangle an enormous, record-breaking paycheck in front of him to make him change his mind, but as of right now I don't think Harrison is interested in reviving Han Solo as a much older, grouchier former Rebel griping to Chewie in the New Republic.
Exclusive Star Wars Episode VII crawl!

Old October 30 2012, 11:33 PM   #164
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

SO much is here, I have no idea if this was shared yet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=QIkqX5fG_tA#!

Its a video of Lucas and Disney CEO Rober Iger. Lucas says him and Kathleen Kennedy has been discussing story ideas for Episodes 7-9 already. This really won't be Disney's Star Wars anymore in style than Marvel's characters are. Lucasfilm will still be in control. Its just a part of Disney the company, same with Pixar.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:34 PM   #165
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
http://youtu.be/YyqlTi7lkhY

Lucas says he is passing over to them the story treatments for 7,8 and 9...
wow great find! uploaded by starwars on Oct.30, 2012.

start at 1:35
Lucas:
"I have story treatments of 7, 8, and 9 and a bunch of other movies...I sort of moved that treasure trove...to Kathy."

Kathy:
"(we are)...sitting down with a couple of writers and starting to discuss ideas of what those stories might be."

Since Lucas says in this video that he won't be doing anymore I think he will really have a backseat and approval of script and then it will really be out of his hands as an Executive Producer. Someone else will run the show during preproduction, production, and post production.

Does this mean that Disney will hire John Williams to compose the score of the next film? That would be most interesting.

What are the legalities if they do not hire John Williams but use some of his score & themes in writing the new score for the 2015 film?

So Lucas has given story treatments for 'a bunch of other movies' to Disney that he has had the ideas to do for decades too. I wonder what some of those are. Maybe other franchises?
Interesting. Harry Knowles of AICN has been insisting for a couple years now that people at LucasFilm flat out told him there have been sequel trilogy plans for a while, but standard operation procedure was to deny publicly their existence until it was time to roll with them.
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote