Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 18 2012, 12:27 AM   #121
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

I supposed it's inevitable that some people are going to pick up Naked Heat or one of other books without picking up on the TV connection . . . .
Old October 18 2012, 05:52 PM   #122
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I supposed it's inevitable that some people are going to pick up Naked Heat or one of other books without picking up on the TV connection . . . .
But then again if they like the Heat books they may dig up the news that they are a sort if in-story books of a TV show and might check out the show.. cross promotion at its best
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 08:45 PM   #123
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

I have to say I'm not really looking forward to next week's episode. Didn't they already do an episode where he was a suspect?
Old October 25 2012, 09:07 PM   #124
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

You know, I have to imagine that there are plenty of confused readers out there searching for the Derek Storm novels--which don't actually exist!
Well, there are three Derrick Storm novellas now, at least (eBook exclusive, though).
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 01:55 PM   #125
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Zombie Seeker wrote: View Post
I have to say I'm not really looking forward to next week's episode. Didn't they already do an episode where he was a suspect?
Yeah, it was the Season 3 premiere. I'm sure it'll somehow be different enough, plus they get to play the emotional angle this time now that Castle and Beckett are a couple.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 04:32 PM   #126
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

Count von Count wrote: View Post
I actually did have a couple people come into my library asking if we had anything else by Richard Castle back when Naked Heat was first published. One guy took five minutes of explaining before he could finally wrap his head around the fact that the Derek Storm novels didn't really exist.
To be fair, the mock "author bio" on the jacket copy of Richard Castle's novels described him as the bestselling author of the Derek Storm novels.

I guess some people didn't realize that "Richard Castle" himself is an elaborate fiction . . ..
I bought my wife the first Nikki Heat book, and she's read the next one. We love the show and both get a kick out of the way they pretend Castle is real for the books. Talk about the best kept secret around.
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 06:48 AM   #127
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

I'm only 43 minutes in, but wow, what an episode! The sense of impending doom is palpable and the acting from both Fillion and especially Katic has been top notch.

I won't go into spoilers, but either ABC or Time Warner cable froze up for a couple minutes during the big confrontation in the holding cell, which made me yell at the screen. I think I got most of it, but I'm going to have to watch the episode again.

Anyway, it's back from commercial now, but I just wanted to drop by to say that things have been fantastic so far.
Old October 30 2012, 09:07 AM   #128
TimmyWl
Commodore

I thought it was good. The whole shift of tone was radically different from the other episodes before it. Castle really didn't like being on the other side of the law. It was really touching that Beckett still believed him.

I thought the way that Espisito learned of Beckett/Castle was anti-climatic. Castle does have a flip side. It's kind of nice that Castle (the show) can change from the doom type episodes to the light/comedic ones.
TimmyWl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 11:00 AM   #129
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Andrew Marlowe wrote yesterday's episode and I was impressed. I was a little wary of the concept but it turned out to fantastic. As mentioned above, terrific acting performances from Nathan and Stana. The entire gang turned in great performances. Marlowe's ability to build up tension is really good. Plus the score was sensational as usual. I'm really looking forward to the comic con episode next week, Jonathan Frakes directed as well IIRC.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 03:14 PM   #130
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Great episode last night, and teriffic acting from Nathan and Stana. I wish they would have put a finality to this story line though, it would have been a great way to for it to go out.I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. A year or so ago on Kevin Pollack's Chat Show Nathan said that he pitched a comic con idea.
Old October 30 2012, 03:16 PM   #131
Forbin
Admiral

We were pre-empted for local storm coverage.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 06:25 PM   #132
SAndrews10
Captain

Anybody catch the name on the fake badge that he used in the holding cell scene was J. Rook? I noticed that before I noticed it was him
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2012, 07:01 PM   #133
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Holy Shit

When the writers aim for drama they hit.. damn that was one tense and awesome episode.

In a dedicated Castle board people talked about it being a 3XK episode after the Sneak Peeks came out and more info about the episode.. it certainly fit his style and damn did i yell out when he finally revealed himself (of course we as the viewer and TV show experienced there was no way it was really Castle).

Really set up well and this episode made 3XK even more of a menace than the other episodes.. fortunately Castle is his match and he proved to be pretty ingenious about his escape. It was also "fun" to see Castle be scared for his life.. quite a departure from his usual carefree attitude.

And the way he pulled of a Chuck.. emptying the gun into 3XK's chest was just awesome.. Fillion channeled Malcolm Reynolds pretty well in that scene

Outstanding episode by everyone involved and pretty sure to make quite some Castle episode Top 10 lists.
Old October 30 2012, 08:03 PM   #134
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

^ Between Castle and Beckett they emptied the gun in his chest, and obviously he was wearing a vest so why didn't they give him one in the head just for good measure? Ughhh... I'm thinking about starting a telecom company and call it 'Burner Phone' just to capitalize on weekly free advertising from the show.
Old October 30 2012, 09:20 PM   #135
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Yeah well.. when you're firing to save a loved one's life you may not think like a Navy Seal

Loved Castle's intuition when he saw through 3XK's plan.. it was his weapon after all. I'm no gun expert but can you distinguish shell casings of real bullets from blanks?

Looking forward to the next 3XK episode

I was a bit disappointed that the gang found out about Castle and Beckett this way.. i was hoping for some funny hijinks but it worked in the context of the show and the case made it pretty much impossible to hide their relationship once Castle became a suspect.