The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old October 29 2012, 04:02 AM   #16
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: star trek into dark ness trailer release date

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
cheesy dialogue ,horrible acting, bad visual effects.
etc.

SW:Episode 1 and batman and robin had all these in their tailers.
So did the trailers for the 1977 film "Star Wars" and the 1982 film "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan." Your point fails.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 12:49 PM   #17
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

ralph wrote: View Post
My guess trailer will be released with The Robbit, dec 14th.
"The Robbit"?
Scooby-doo, is that you?
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 01:50 PM   #18
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
My guess trailer will be released with The Robbit, dec 14th.
"The Robbit"?
Scooby-doo, is that you?
Old October 29 2012, 04:49 PM   #19
Procutus
Admiral

Abrams confirms that the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer coming at the end of the year. which the film will have a large audience in December? The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Children, teens, women. It is this audience that the studio wants to watch the movie, besides the trekkers, of course.

What, you mean the trailer's not going to be attached to Breaking Dawn, Part Two?

Old October 29 2012, 05:41 PM   #20
serenitytrek1
Commander

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
etc.

So did the trailers for the 1977 film "Star Wars" and the 1982 film "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan." Your point fails.

oh dear,did you read my coments?I said some films not all films
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 06:35 PM   #21
Dukhat
Commodore

etc.

That makes your point even more irrelevant.
Old October 31 2012, 02:23 AM   #22
serenitytrek1
Commander

Dukhat wrote: View Post

That makes your point even more irrelevant.
Okay let me update you to a more recent film ?

Did you ever see the first trailer for Green Lantern which was released in 2010? The movie came out the following year.

Infact here is the link...please watch it and rate the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZPg8uaoR0

Everybody knew the film will suck after watching that trailer. The trailer had everything I mentioned earlier. Cheesy dialogue and bad visual effect etc.

My gosh, if you can’t grasp the fact that some films will be terrible based on the trailer then maybe you should stop commenting.
Old October 31 2012, 03:43 AM   #23
Dukhat
Commodore

My gosh, if you can’t grasp the fact that some films will be terrible based on the trailer then maybe you should stop commenting.
I'm an avid moviegoer. I've seen plenty of movies and movie trailers to know that no one can judge a movie based on its trailer. Nor can they be a judge of someone's personal preference as to whether or not they will like or dislike the film.

Everybody knew the film will suck after watching that trailer. The trailer had everything I mentioned earlier. Cheesy dialogue and bad visual effect etc.
I didn't realize you took a poll of every person who went to see the movie to see whether they liked it or not. My apologies.

Last edited by Dukhat; October 31 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 03:44 AM   #24
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

If you can't stop being so thin skinned when people point out some of the foolish statements you make then you should definitely stop commenting.

Not everyone disliked the Green Lantern trailer - the second one was quite popular, and many of us enjoyed the movie quite a bit as well.

You really haven't made a valid point yet in this topic with all this trailer nonsense, so you might as well move on to another tack.
Old October 31 2012, 09:29 AM   #25
serenitytrek1
Commander

If you can't stop being so thin skinned when people point out some of the foolish statements you make then you should definitely stop commenting.

Not everyone disliked the Green Lantern trailer - the second one was quite popular, and many of us enjoyed the movie quite a bit as well.

You really haven't made a valid point yet in this topic with all this trailer nonsense, so you might as well move on to another tack.
I think you’re the one been thin skinned, you’re scared to death that star trek 2013 will suck and also you call my comments foolish. You can’t handle the truth.

Thing is, I was talking of the first green lantern trailer and not the second one. The second one was much better but sill not great.

Bottom line is a lot of DC fans feared for the worst when they watched the trailers and they were right. The movie was terrible and was a failure both critically and commercially.

Now do I think Trek 2013 will suffer the same fate? NO I DONT.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; October 31 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old October 31 2012, 10:30 AM   #26
teacock
Admiral

You can’t handle the truth.
This just doesn't read right without some capslock.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 04:09 PM   #27
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

...you’re scared to death that star trek 2013 will suck
Nope, sorry. I'm confident that it will be great - no reason at all to think otherwise. I'm looking forward to the movie...and to the trailer, whenever it gets here.

and also you call my comments foolish. You can’t handle the truth.
I call your comments foolish because your comments are foolish. Understand something: you have no truth to impart on events that have not occurred, or on matters of taste. You can only offer an opinion.

If you can't step up your game you'll do well to cool down your overheated rhetoric.

Last edited by Admiral Buzzkill; October 31 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old October 31 2012, 07:00 PM   #28
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

I think you’re the one been thin skinned, you’re scared to death that star trek 2013 will suck and also you call my comments foolish. You can’t handle the truth.
serenitytrek1, knock it off.

You've been making quite a few hurried and poorly-considered posts lately, then picking squabbles with people who legitimately criticize your posts for being unclear, garbled, incoherent or simply incorrect. I would very much like not to see any more of that, beginning now.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2012, 12:43 AM   #29
serenitytrek1
Commander

...you’re scared to death that star trek 2013 will suck
Nope, sorry. I'm confident that it will be great - no reason at all to think otherwise. I'm looking forward to the movie...and to the trailer, whenever it gets here.

and also you call my comments foolish. You can’t handle the truth.
I call your comments foolish because your comments are foolish. Understand something: you have no truth to impart on events that have not occurred, or on matters of taste. You can only offer an opinion.

If you can't step up your game you'll do well to cool down your overheated rhetoric.

I think you the one acting foolish and quite childish. My god what is with all you die hard fan males. I cant belive many of you are so deluded that you actually think there is not a good chance that star trek 2013 may be a bad film.

As a film fan, I am been realistic. Judging from your comments you seem to be one of those people that could threaten a film critic if they gave trek 2013 a bad review.

I don’t know what is so stupid about saying trek 2013 may be a bad film or may not live up to the first film.

I don’t want that happen at all ...however there is a good chance it might not be as good as the original.that is the way sequels are sometimes but not all the times.

That is the truth.You need to deal with it and stop getting all worked up.

What is rhetoric is too lash out at other people when they say something you don’t want to hear.

Tell me... what will you do if you go on rottentomatoes.com a day before the 2013 film is released and you see the score at 22% rotten out of a 100% .

Will you call the film critics and experts foolish?

Last edited by serenitytrek1; November 1 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old November 1 2012, 01:02 AM   #30
serenitytrek1
Commander

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1, knock it off.

You've been making quite a few hurried and poorly-considered posts lately, then picking squabbles with people who legitimately criticize your posts for being unclear, garbled, incoherent or simply incorrect. I would very much like not to see any more of that, beginning now.
I find it sad that people call other people comment foolish because it differs from theirs. People always hate to hear the truth sp they mistake the truth for hate, incorrect, lies, incpherent, and garbled. What they like is sweet fluffy stuff where the world says yes to their reason.

star trek 2013 like any film sequel has a 50/50 chance of been good or bad. We fans don’t pray for the movie to be bad but the reality is, there is a possibility that the movie may get bad reviews. So we keep our fingers cross and hope for the best and yes a Trailer might act as a foreshadowing. Green Lantern and Batman and Robin had horrendous trailers and that is what the both movies turned out to be.

That all I am saying. what is so garbled about that.