Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old October 25 2012, 09:35 PM   #2656
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Wow, no idea. If you run the mission again, does the same thing happen?
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 09:40 PM   #2657
Mage
Commodore

Franklinstein wrote: View Post
Wow, no idea. If you run the mission again, does the same thing happen?

Left the mission, and was able to restart half way through. Went to Hobus 1 again, started battling the Sithesh again.... same thing happened. It disappears for a few seconds, returns but is 'stuck' in the map border. I can lock on weapons. But they just won't fire. Weird thing, the Sithesh CAN fire at me.
Old October 25 2012, 09:41 PM   #2658
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Sometimes there's weird glitches. Just have to exit out and go again. It will usually take you back to the last checkpoint, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do the whole thing over again.

Unless that's what you've done; then you just have to put in a ticket, and maybe wait until it gets patched or something. I had to do that with the second Cardassian mission - it would drop the mission when I switched maps.
Old October 25 2012, 09:58 PM   #2659
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

If you are in game now, send me a PM and we'll see if we can do anything about it.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 12:55 AM   #2660
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Its pretty clear people are already cashing out their EDCs and salvage for dilithium. The Zen-Dilithium rate is rising
Old October 26 2012, 04:45 AM   #2661
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Great. Just what I don't need it to do.
Old October 26 2012, 04:12 PM   #2662
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

There didn't seem to be any change in the dilithium exchange this morning. I cashed in my daily refining amount and got 51 zen for just over 8000 dil. The rate was 158, and has been swinging between 158 and 160 for some time now.
Old October 26 2012, 06:02 PM   #2663
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

I'd expect that. While we're going to see an increase in dil from the STFers cashing in before the change, the there's still a lot of fleet stuff going on, and as fleets advance there's just going to be even more of a sink for dil. Plus, they're likely saving a bunch, as we're going to need it for the S7 stuff.

There's not really that much of a dil increase anyways - just a lot of folks are going to have tons of ore sitting there, waiting to be refined, as they're probably the folks that get 8000+ a day easy.

In other news, I heard that having more toons is a good way to make lots of zen (if one has the time, and I have the time), more than worth buying more char slots. For purposes of RP, I'm going to try not doing any of the story missions (at least until I can get mk x-xi stuff from them) - my main already is the big damn hero, you know. I wonder how that affects leveling speed. We'll see.
Old October 27 2012, 03:15 AM   #2664
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Yup, I have 7 toons so far and they net me a minimum of 13,440 dilithium every day just doing foundry quickies (1,440x7 dil) + answering historical questions (480x7 dil) at Starfleet Academy or KDF Academy. Best thing this just requires half an hour every day.

Last edited by intrinsical; October 27 2012 at 05:37 AM.
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 03:21 AM   #2665
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

What are those foundry quickies that you speak of?

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 05:28 AM   #2666
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Go to the foundry mission search thing, and do a blank search under "Hot." There will be some that "Fed SFA Quicky", or stuff like that, usually right on the top of the list. There's one for the academy, the main base (ESD or First City) and DS9. Probably others too, but that's all I've looked for. There's three for each area, so you just sit there and scan one place, for three little missions, bam you're done, 50 fleet marks and 1440 dil richer. There's also some expertise too. And if you don't want dil, you can get an item.

On a completely unrelated note, I started a new toon (my second fed) and went to do the training mission for the charity guys...and after 50-60 Delta Velanis missions, still didn't get one. Funny enough, the very first mission I did at lvl 1 (besides the "grab your stuff" ones) was an Aid the Planet or whatever those were. I had donated some gear from another toon to sell, so I had the EC, but that was pretty lame. And even lamer that I haven't finished that mission yet.
Old October 27 2012, 05:30 AM   #2667
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

They are a set of three extremely short player-made foundry missions that can be completed in one shot by pressing a single button, hence the name "quickie". There's a set at every major port of call. You can find them in the foundry by searching for "esdq" (Earth Spacedock), "sfaq" (Starfleet Academy), "ds9q" and "kdfa" (KDF Academy).

I usually go for the SFA quickie as its very close to the history question lady and I can quickly do both and net 1,920 dilithium, 50 fleet marks and some expertise in under 2 minutes. At the same time, I can also grab doff assignments from the nearby personnel officers, killing three birds with one stone

Last edited by intrinsical; October 28 2012 at 03:39 AM.
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 08:47 AM   #2668
Mage
Commodore

@The Royal Family: I haven't restarted the whole mission yet. I'm going to restart from where I am one more time, then if it fails, I'll leave the entire sector, and re-accept the mission.

@Timelord_Victorious: Thanks, next time I'm online and get stuck, I'll see if your online.
Old October 30 2012, 11:40 PM   #2669
Rocketeer
Captain

Okay, I feel like a noob. I've tried several of the quickie missions and get nothing for them, no exp, no dil, nothing. Doesn't work on any of my toons. What am I doing wrong?
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2012, 12:09 AM   #2670
Ruaidhri
Commodore

Are you first taking the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission?