A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 29 2012, 02:48 AM   #391
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: The All-New DALLAS!

I don't see mention of a blu-ray release anywhere and that's strange to me.

I often wonder when they'll stop producing DVD's altogether, but no blu-ray at all?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2012, 10:09 PM   #392
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

TNT has announced the return date for Dallas - January 28th.

Linkified
Old October 2 2012, 10:14 PM   #393
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

ROCK ON!
Old October 18 2012, 08:48 PM   #394
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Gary and Valene are coming back to Dallas!
Old October 18 2012, 09:02 PM   #395
OmahaStar

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
*Happy dance of joy!*

Awesome news. Thanks!!!
Old October 18 2012, 09:46 PM   #396
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

[Homer] Woo-Hoo! [/Homer]

Seriously, they're getting a "meatier" role, which is cool as opposed to a quick cameo (ala Ray).

There's still rumors of an appearance by Victoria Principal. I'd love to see that happen.
Old October 23 2012, 07:51 PM   #397
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

And now Annie Wersching is joining up for season 2! Is it January yet?

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post

There's still rumors of an appearance by Victoria Principal. I'd love to see that happen.
Meh. I love Pam, but I'd rather they not bring her back. Victoria Principal's consistent refusal and disinterest in doing so is well known, but then again right now could be a major sleight of hand. Either way, the last we saw of Pam, she was engaged to someone else and allegedly dying.
Old October 23 2012, 10:07 PM   #398
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ And we know soaps never try to mislead us as far as someone dying. I mean that would be cruel, right?
Old October 23 2012, 10:15 PM   #399
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Well yeah. But I'm also pointing out that Victoria Principal has shown zero interest in returning to Dallas in any form beyond the two reunion events she participated in. Yeah, people want Pam to come back, but she there's been nothing publicly to lend any credence that even if the show did want her back they could even get her. Sort of like the old "Dirk Benedict on nuBSG" situation.

Lastly, in another topic --
Old October 24 2012, 03:55 AM   #400
OmahaStar

You did a massive re-watch of the series not long ago, so I'm sure you'll know this right off. Wasn't there some kind of fire or other accident that scarred Pam, she had to go in for some kind of facial reconstruction, and came out with a completely new face (as in, she was recast)? Then the "new" Pam was the one who ran off into the sunset, never to return? And didn't she have some kind of terminal cancer on top of the new face?

If that's the case, why would they bring Victoria P back, other than for nostalgia? If they were to bring the character back, why not go with the other actress?

That is assuming I'm remembering Pam's fate correctly. I may be thinking of another series entirely. Hmmm.
Old October 24 2012, 06:49 AM   #401
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

You're remembering correctly.

Victoria Principal as Pam exited the series at the end of Season 9 (season 10 on the DVDs) when her car crashed into an oil tanker on the freeway.

Every time she appeared after that, she was just some extra wrapped up in bandages before Pam disappeared. Her explanation in the series for her leaving Bobby, Christopher, Cliff and the rest of the Ewings was simply that she was left horribly disfigured by the car wreck and didn't want them to see her that way - it would be easier for her to know the remembered her as she was, not as she now would be.

Not long after, Margaret Michaels showed up on the show as a love interest for Bobby, who was totally in to her because of her obvious resemblance to Pam. He had a brief affair with her but ended it because he realized it wasn't fair to Margaret Michaels' character.

About a year or so later, Cliff tries tracking Pam down, and actually finds her, this time played by Margaret Michaels (now actually playing Pam instead of her doppleganger). When they finally sit down to talk, she tells him she doesn't ever want to see him again but also that she doesn't want Cliff to tell Bobby or Christopher that he'd found her. Soon after Cliff leaves, Pam's doctor/fiance steps out of the shadows asking her why she didn't tell Cliff that she was also dying.

So, again, while soaps sure do like to pull this crap with us about killing people and then bringing them back, the ramifications on the Ewings would be huge and honestly, they did everything they could in 1988 to get rid of Pam without actually getting rid of her. And honestly, I doubt very much the writers of nuDallas would go to all the trouble of explaining all this away if they couldn't get Principal back for it, regardless of how little sense it would make to have her back after the Margaret Michaels episodes.
Old October 24 2012, 01:10 PM   #402
Worf2DS9
Writer

Great news! I'm assuming they'll ignore the fact that in the Knots universe Bobby is dead, though that fact was never mentioned on the series again anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Wersching too!
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 05:25 PM   #403
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
Great news! I'm assuming they'll ignore the fact that in the Knots universe Bobby is dead, though that fact was never mentioned on the series again anyway.
It wouldn't be too hard to do. After the dream season was aborted, Shackleford and Van Ark only ever appeared on Dallas again during its final two episodes, as alternate versions of Gary and Valene. Through the course of the series though, Gary was mentioned numerous times. In the scope of Dallas, it'd be really easy to just ignore that little bit of discontinuity.

I myself will be very interested to see if any of these new younger cast members turn out to be Bobby and Betsy, Gary and Valene's twins from Knots.

At the very least I'd love to see Gary, Valene and Lucy together in at least one scene!

Looking forward to seeing Wersching too!
Me too!
Old October 25 2012, 12:44 AM   #404
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

On GH, Duke Lavery supposedly died 20 years ago, then came back as a guy with a new face, who then died.

Now the "original" is back & the doppelganger was supposedly a fake.

Soaps
Old October 25 2012, 12:59 AM   #405
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Really, I'm not opposed to Principal coming back. I'm just not sure how they'd be able to do it. But really more importantly is the fact that she just hasn't shown any interest in coming back. So... if they can't get Victoria Principal to do it, would they bother bringing Pam back? That's the question we should be asking ourselves.