RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,670
Posts: 5,212,589
Members: 24,197
Currently online: 560
Newest member: Trek's Offender


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 23 2012, 06:34 PM   #541
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Probably a renewed hope in the US thanks to Cap.

Also when Hammer Industries got the Mark 2, they named it "War Machine" Not something the Air force probably wants for PR purposes.

So out comes the "Iron Patriot". It's basically an armored version of Captain America the air force can use for PR and special missions


Now I want to see Iron Patriot do a song and dance :P

Every bond you buy is a bullet in the barrel of your best guy's gun!
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 07:38 PM   #542
Ruaidhri
Commodore
 
Ruaidhri's Avatar
 
Location: Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Now I want to see Iron Patriot do a song and dance :P

Every bond you buy is a bullet in the barrel of your best guy's gun!
He's the star spangled man
In a can
!
__________________
Sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt.
These are the tears of things, and the stuff of our mortality cuts us to the heart.

An Informed Approximation
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 09:55 PM   #543
Caretaker
Commodore
 
Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA
View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Shazam! wrote: View Post
I wonder if any mention of Cap will be made regarding Iron Patriot's colour scheme.
Looking at it - how could they not mention it?
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:29 PM   #544
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
This is a different tattoo(I think) then what we saw for members of "The Ten Rings". Significance of this anyone? I don't recall it from the comics but someone else might.
Icemizer wrote: View Post
Why does the mandarin have Caps shield with the Avengers A in the center tattooed on the back of his neck?
The Mandarin substituted the symbol for anarchy in place of the star on Cap's shield.



__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:35 PM   #545
Yminale
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Democratically Liberated America
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
One interesting thing about the trailer for me is that, although we know that Tony will be part of The Avengers 2,
Has that been confirmed since I thought they were going to add new characters to Avengers 2 (Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, The Vision)
__________________
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:37 PM   #546
Yminale
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Democratically Liberated America
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Icemizer wrote: View Post
Why does the mandarin have Caps shield with the Avengers A in the center tattooed on the back of his neck?
What a villain can't be a Capt. American fanboy . That would actually make Mandarin pretty interesting
__________________
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:41 PM   #547
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Yminale wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post
One interesting thing about the trailer for me is that, although we know that Tony will be part of The Avengers 2,
Has that been confirmed since I thought they were going to add new characters to Avengers 2 (Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, The Vision)
Downey, Jr.'s contract runs out with Iron Man 3 and he hasn't yet been signed for The Avengers 2, but I guarantee he'll be part of it, even if Disney needs to pay him with a gold-plated F-16. He's the biggest name of the cast and he was the center of the marketing efforts for The Avengers.
__________________
When Gozer the Gozerian roams the earth ... you have my permission to die.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:48 PM   #548
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

The "phase 2" solo movies are all expected to be apart of " the avengers 2"

Iron man 3

Thor 2: the dark world

Captain America: the winter soldier
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 10:58 PM   #549
Yminale
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Democratically Liberated America
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
The "phase 2" solo movies are all expected to be apart of " the avengers 2"

Iron man 3

Thor 2: the dark world

Captain America: the winter soldier
That's a pity since it would give the movie real weight if Tony's status is uncertain.
__________________
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:08 PM   #550
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Yminale wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
The "phase 2" solo movies are all expected to be apart of " the avengers 2"

Iron man 3

Thor 2: the dark world

Captain America: the winter soldier
That's a pity since it would give the movie real weight if Tony's status is uncertain.
There's no way they'd ever kill off Tony Stark. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- every single one of the movies thus far has been the epitome of "playing it safe." When Downey, Jr., decides that he's done with the role, it'll be re-cast; Kevin Feige has said as much.
__________________
When Gozer the Gozerian roams the earth ... you have my permission to die.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:11 PM   #551
Yminale
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Democratically Liberated America
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Timby wrote: View Post

There's no way they'd ever kill off Tony Stark. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- every single one of the movies thus far has been the epitome of "playing it safe." When Downey, Jr., decides that he's done with the role, it'll be re-cast; Kevin Feige has said as much.
But Marvel also kills of characters and then brings them back. Sure we are all use to the schtick (though I really thought Cap was dead after Civil War) but movie goer aren't so sophisticated.
__________________
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:15 PM   #552
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

The only way we'll stop seeing Tony Stark in the MCU is when the movies stop making money and they cease production. Iron Man is by far the most popular character in the MCU. Killing him off won't spur interest in moviegoers, it will drive them away.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:17 PM   #553
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Yminale wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post

There's no way they'd ever kill off Tony Stark. This is the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- every single one of the movies thus far has been the epitome of "playing it safe." When Downey, Jr., decides that he's done with the role, it'll be re-cast; Kevin Feige has said as much.
But Marvel also kills of characters and then brings them back. Sure we are all use to the schtick (though I really thought Cap was dead after Civil War) but movie goer aren't so sophisticated.
Exactly, which is why none of the heroes will ever be killed. These films play it safe to an almost insulting degree.

The Marvel movies, especially The Avengers, are sandbox movies. For example, playing with action figures in the sandbox, you'd have Thor fight Iron Man for no reason other than you thought it'd be cool. There is no way in hell that Disney would ever give the green light to knocking off Tony Stark, especially given that the character's movies make the most money of any individual character.
__________________
When Gozer the Gozerian roams the earth ... you have my permission to die.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:24 PM   #554
Yminale
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Democratically Liberated America
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Timby wrote: View Post
Exactly, which is why none of the heroes will ever be killed. These films play it safe to an almost insulting degree,
I agree with you but since Iron Man is in Avengers 2 why can't Tony be "killed" in Iron Man 3 and come back in Avengers 2.
__________________
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:57 PM   #555
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger
 
OdoWanKenobi's Avatar
 
Location: Mogo
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Timby wrote: View Post

Exactly, which is why none of the heroes will ever be killed. These films play it safe to an almost insulting degree.
I'm sorry...what?

It's insulting to not kill of the hero of any of the films in the franchise? You're gonna have to explain that one. This is a superhero story. The good guys win, the bad guys lose. That's the way it works. That's the way it has always worked. That's the way it will always work.
__________________
"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light!"
OdoWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
iron man

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.