Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 23 2012, 04:46 PM   #226
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Franklinstein wrote: View Post

Just curious, why did you place spoiler code around conjecture on who the person watching Carol might be?

In any case - I'm not sure you're right because the preview for next week's episode has the person you mentioned elsewhere currently.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 05:58 PM   #227
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

theenglish wrote: View Post
Cool! Next week's episode is when I actually started reading the comics!

It looks like this season might actually cover the entire prison arc, which would bring the series to within four years of the comics.

Have we had any clues as to how much longer the comic series will continue? Is there a planned ending?
This and next season...
Old October 23 2012, 06:36 PM   #228
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Now that Rick has become Shane 2.0 does it mean that Shane was right all along?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 06:43 PM   #229
Rhaven
Captain

wissaBOO wrote: View Post
No. Shane was using his survivalistic attitude to put Rick down and maybe use it as an excuse to start a fight and possibly kill Rick. Shane didn't give Rick the credit he was due.
Old October 23 2012, 06:45 PM   #230
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

Spooky Cat wrote: View Post
wissaBOO wrote: View Post
No. Shane was using his survivalistic attitude to put Rick down and maybe use it as an excuse to start a fight and possibly kill Rick. Shane didn't give Rick the credit he was due.
Agree.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 07:08 PM   #231
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Also Shane would've killed the two remaining convicts even if they had agreed to stay in their part of the prison. Rick let them live.
Old October 23 2012, 08:08 PM   #232
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Just curious, why did you place spoiler code around conjecture on who the person watching Carol might be?

In any case - I'm not sure you're right because the preview for next week's episode has the person you mentioned elsewhere currently.
Oh, I just figured maybe some people might not be aware of the actor being in this season's episodes, so figured I would err on the side of caution. You never know when someone's going to get their knickers in a twist.

I never see the previews either, so that's information I wasn't privy to.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 09:21 PM   #233
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post

Oh, I just figured maybe some people might not be aware of the actor being in this season's episodes, so figured I would err on the side of caution. You never know when someone's going to get their knickers in a twist.

I never see the previews either, so that's information I wasn't privy to.
Yup, and believe it or no, there are those who deliberately avoid the previews because they consider them spoilers (And they sometimes actually are) and will throw a fit about previews being discussed.

For me personally, this character's appearance this season, I don't really consider a spoiler, since I've been expecting it (All through last season too, matter of fact)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 02:37 AM   #234
Jax
Admiral

Just seen episode 2 and why I have no issue with Rick killing the asshole prisoner who clearly was going to be a problem but hes got to be careful about not becoming Shane.
Old October 24 2012, 05:52 AM   #235
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I guess I'm still a bit vague on how bites are handled in this world. If everyone is already infected with the zombie virus, what difference would a bite make? As long as the wound is treated, shouldn't the victim recover? Why kill the big prisoner?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 06:16 AM   #236
sojourner
Admiral

The theory is the virus lies dormant in a living subject, only activating after death. Being bitten by a zombie with active virus kills the victim of the bite.
Old October 24 2012, 08:01 AM   #237
Snowlilly
Lieutenant

Also, chopping off Hershel's leg would have not saved him. Our hearts pump 6L of blood per minute! By the time the leg came off the virus would have already well circulated well beyond where his leg was cut off. So basically once you are bitten, you are pretty much SOL.
Snowlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 08:03 AM   #238
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Rick is an asshole, he's not better than the guy who tried to kill him. Let's face it, if a stronger group would march into his group's home and allow them to stay in exchange for half of their food, Rick would probably do the same thing, try to take out their leader.
If the series would follow another group of characters that would run into Rick's group they could easily be seen as the villains led by a crazy ex cop who executes everyone threatening his authority. I like that, it's much more realistic than a bunch of weaklings who shouldn't have a chance in this world.

Keeping the remaining prisoners alive is a mistake and I bet at least one of them will become a serious problem before this half season is over.
If someone had brutally murdered Rick and Daryl, hunting the latter down and having him eaten by zombies, would the rest of the group just sit in their cell block thinking "I guess they won"? No, they would observe, make plans and then strike when they think the time is right, if only to protect their half of the food that the five times larger group will come to get when they munched through their half.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 09:24 AM   #239
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Demanding half of the food was wrong, but the crazy guy had already tried to ban them from the prison, claiming it as his own. That was Rick's counterproposal.
Old October 24 2012, 10:36 AM   #240
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

Takeru wrote: View Post
Rick is an asshole, he's not better than the guy who tried to kill him. Let's face it, if a stronger group would march into his group's home and allow them to stay in exchange for half of their food, Rick would probably do the same thing, try to take out their leader.
If the series would follow another group of characters that would run into Rick's group they could easily be seen as the villains led by a crazy ex cop who executes everyone threatening his authority. I like that, it's much more realistic than a bunch of weaklings who shouldn't have a chance in this world.

Keeping the remaining prisoners alive is a mistake and I bet at least one of them will become a serious problem before this half season is over.
If someone had brutally murdered Rick and Daryl, hunting the latter down and having him eaten by zombies, would the rest of the group just sit in their cell block thinking "I guess they won"? No, they would observe, make plans and then strike when they think the time is right, if only to protect their half of the food that the five times larger group will come to get when they munched through their half.

No, Rick is NOT the same as Tomas. Lets remember that Rick and Co. freed the prisoners from the cafeteria and cleared out the infected prison. The prisoners would not have been able to do that themselves and in fact had no idea how important it would have been to do so. Rick was right that they spilled blood for that prison...which the prisoners were not able to use until they showed up and brought them up to speed on the new world order. That was not a situation of the Ricktatorship barging in and deciding to take someone else's home. They found a place, that no one else was using.

On top of that, Rick was perfectly willing to let them stay and even risked his life and that of his people to try and help THEM create a safe place in the prison. Instead it became abundantly clear that Tomas was going to try and kill Rick the first chance he got.

Also remember that the prisoners were not together by choice and did not necessarily follow Tomas' lead. They were just thrown together in that cafeteria. As Axel said, he had no reason to listen to Tomas, he was not their leader. Plus remember, the two remaining surviving prisoners had NO reason to show any allegiance to Tomas after he brutally killed Big Tiny right in front of them (someone they probably had more affection for anyway). Its a good bet that given a choice, Rick would have locked up Big Tiny or set him free and see what happens.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote