Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 22 2012, 07:21 PM   #31
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: Haven: Season Three (Discussion, Spoilers)

I finally got to watch last Friday's episode. I thought it was really good! I liked Lady Justice.

Nathan is getting in deeper with the Guard. I wonder what he will find?

So the Bolt Cutter killer is sewing himself together a woman? Seems reasonable....
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 10:33 PM   #32
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ Well, Halloween is coming.

I liked this episode. I like golems and I like that gimmick of characters in paintings coming to life, so that made a good combo. And Duke is really going all out to prove that he's not like his father.
Old October 23 2012, 02:34 AM   #33
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

1001001 wrote: View Post
I finally got to watch last Friday's episode. I thought it was really good! I liked Lady Justice.

Nathan is getting in deeper with the Guard. I wonder what he will find?

So the Bolt Cutter killer is sewing himself together a woman? Seems reasonable....
Isn't it obvious that he's building his own personal Audrey...
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 03:34 AM   #34
Aragorn
Admiral

I wonder if this season was moved to the fall because of how dark it's become.

Covert Affairs is also a show that became a lot more serious this year.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 07:08 PM   #35

Tonight, Episode 3:06 Real Estate

"A former Haven resident returns to settle a 27 year old score with Audrey."

The website also refers to a trip out west following a clue to the identity of the Colorado Kid.

This episode is directed by Jason Priestly.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old October 27 2012, 04:39 AM   #36
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I've only been half-watching this season but I guess this dispels my notion that Audrey's therapist is just in her head. They might have already made that obvious but again I haven't really been "watching watching".
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 09:32 AM   #37
TimmyWl
Commodore

I do like how the story is getting bigger with the new detective, the new therapist, Audrey's past coming back to her, and the new reliance on Duke as a friend. What I don't like is the loss of Nathan to the girl with the Guard tattoo. I can understand where Nathan is going with the 'investigation' but it's kind of ruined what romance that I did like in the series. I just want to whack Nathan on the head for going with the wrong girl. Plus with everything becoming darker (i.e. the detective with the secret from the big town) - sometimes the small romance at the end of Season 2 actually had merit.

But at least Audrey's past is coming to light.
TimmyWl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 09:39 AM   #38
RJDiogenes

Nathan is really screwing himself up. Duke, on the other hand, is really trying to better himself. They seem to be developing a role reversal of the characters.
Old October 27 2012, 04:04 PM   #39
propita
Rear Admiral

Which may not be a bad thing. Each of them were given reasons for their shifts so it's not totally out of the blue.

I don't think you were saying it was a bad thing; I assumed you liked it, too.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2012, 02:41 AM   #40

The haunted house episode was very good, IMHO.

As others have asked...what the hell is Nathan doing? Is it all still part of the act, or is he really falling for her?

So the Colorado Kid was with her in the house when she was Lucy? In what capacity? Didn't he seem younger in the pictures from the newspaper? I got kinda confuzzled there...
Old October 28 2012, 10:02 AM   #41
RJDiogenes

^^ Yeah, I thought he'd be younger. It was kind of weird that they weren't showing his face for a while in the flashbacks. When we were just getting him from the back or with a bit of profile, I thought he was Nathan or a Nathan lookalike-- like maybe Nathan also had a past identity, same as Audrey.

As for Nathan, I think he's really falling for her and is just being pulled in multiple directions-- he doesn't really know what he's doing either.

propita wrote: View Post
Which may not be a bad thing. Each of them were given reasons for their shifts so it's not totally out of the blue.

I don't think you were saying it was a bad thing; I assumed you liked it, too.
You're right, I'm finding it quite interesting and organic. As long as Nathan eventually comes around, I'm good with it.
Old November 5 2012, 04:08 PM   #42

So now we find out that the Colorado Kid was Sarah's son, and that the "troubled" are nationwide.

These folks are running a kind of troubled undergorund railroad, bringing them into Haven? I had always assumed the troubled were related to the town itself: the history, the geography, etc.

And now that we know who the bolt gun killer is, of course the next question is...why?
Old November 5 2012, 04:57 PM   #43
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
So now we find out that the Colorado Kid was Sarah's son, and that the "troubled" are nationwide.

These folks are running a kind of troubled undergorund railroad, bringing them into Haven? I had always assumed the troubled were related to the town itself: the history, the geography, etc.?

Yeah, that had me scratching my head, too. Did they just rewrite the mythology there? Up until now, the Troubles have been a Haven-related phemenon, going back generations. Even the credits imply that the Troubles relate to the town's creepy history, dating back to its founding.

But now the Troubled are just Alphas, a persecuted minority of special people springing up all over the world?

And what's this business about Haven being an, er, safe haven for the Troubled? When have the Troubled ever been safe in Haven? Their powers are always running amuck, causing death and chaos. And there's tons of people, like the Rev and Duke's family, out to destroy them there.

Okay, I suppose you can rationalize this with the idea that Haven started out as a haven for Troubled people, from all over, and that as settled and started families, the Troubles became part of the town's DNA . . . .

Don't ask me where Audrey/Lucy/Sarah and the meteor fit in . . . !
Old November 6 2012, 10:32 AM   #44
RJDiogenes

I think we've had examples of there being Troubled outside of Haven in the past, most recently in the sperm bank episode. Even if the origin of the Troubles is related to Haven, a certain amount of people are going to migrate out, which would spread the phenomenon. Maybe the Troubles started in Europe and Haven was founded as a haven, but then religious fanatics moved in.

As for the bolt-gun killer, there must be more to it than that. The guy in the video was white and had the tattoo.
Old November 7 2012, 04:39 AM   #45
Aragorn
Admiral

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
As for the bolt-gun killer, there must be more to it than that. The guy in the video was white and had the tattoo.
When Detective Bowden's first episode aired, my immediate thought was that a shapeshifter or chameleon type of troubled person killed him and took his place, and was actually burying the real Bowden at the end of the episode. But who knows with this show? The bolt gun killer could go around possessing bodies for all I know.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote