USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 21 2012, 07:16 PM   #166
the G-man
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
What I think could be interesting is if in a few years they jump ahead and have adult Carl and his sibling as the main characters.
Um....
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 07:21 PM   #167
sojourner
Admiral

^"Um" what? Lori is pregnant. If the child survives it will be Carl's sibling.
Old October 21 2012, 07:28 PM   #168
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

^Yeah.

Like say they get to season 7 or 8, they want to freshen things up a bit, jump ahead 10 years or so where Carl is around 30 and his sibling is around 16, and you follow the next generation of survivors. It'd be interesting to see how Carl would try to live up to his father (who would of course be given a suitably heroic death), and explore what it's like having been born in a zombie world having known nothing of what life used to be like.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 07:34 PM   #169
theenglish
Rear Admiral

One of the things that I really like about this series is that it is sufficiently different from the comic book, while being true to the spirit of the story, that none of us really know what is going to happen next. Shane survived well beyond his comic book story, and Dale died before they even found the prison.

At this point, I have no idea who is going to survive season 3.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 07:38 PM   #170
theenglish
Rear Admiral

^Yeah.

Like say they get to season 7 or 8, they want to freshen things up a bit, jump ahead 10 years or so where Carl is around 30 and his sibling is around 16, and you follow the next generation of survivors. It'd be interesting to see how Carl would try to live up to his father (who would of course be given a suitably heroic death), and explore what it's like having been born in a zombie world having known nothing of what life used to be like.
At this point we have no idea what the baby will be like when it is born. If everyone is already infected, what effect will that have on a next generation of babies?
Old October 21 2012, 07:42 PM   #171
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

theenglish wrote: View Post
^Yeah.

At this point we have no idea what the baby will be like when it is born. If everyone is already infected, what effect will that have on a next generation of babies?
I'm not talking biologically, just about what their attitude is. At the moment the adults remember life before zombies, so they're clinging on and hoping to rebuild civilisation one day, but Rick and Lori's child won't remember anything like that. I just think it'd be interesting to see the zombie world from the point of view of someone who sees it as 'normal'.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 11:01 PM   #172
the G-man
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
^"Um" what? Lori is pregnant. If the child survives ....
Ummmm......
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 11:24 PM   #173
JD
Admiral

Just of curiosity, how much time have they covered in the comics?
Old October 21 2012, 11:38 PM   #174
sojourner
Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
Ummmm......
Still not getting what your hinting at. Maybe you should try this new invention called "sentences" in your next reply.
Old October 21 2012, 11:44 PM   #175
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
As of issue #90, it had been approximately sixteen months since the start of the zombie apocalypse (and fifteen months since Rick awoke from his coma). Issue #103 was released last week, but not much time has passed in the intervening thirteen issues - two weeks at most, because a story development requires the passage of one week between issues #100 and #103.

Ummmm......
Still not getting what your hinting at. Maybe you should try this new invention called "sentences" in your next reply.
It would really be best if he didn't hint at anything without spoiler codes.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 12:05 AM   #176
JD
Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
As of issue #90, it had been approximately sixteen months since the start of the zombie apocalypse (and fifteen months since Rick awoke from his coma). Issue #103 was released last week, but not much time has passed in the intervening thirteen issues - two weeks at most, because a story development requires the passage of one week between issues #100 and #103.
So I guess they probably will have to move the timeline forward in the show if it keeps going for years. As long as Carl is around they'll probably need to move things along faster to reflect the actor's age.
Old October 22 2012, 12:30 AM   #177
theenglish
Rear Admiral

So I guess they probably will have to move the timeline forward in the show if it keeps going for years. As long as Carl is around they'll probably need to move things along faster to reflect the actor's age.
Well, just looking at the actor last week I think we can safely assume that a number of months have passed since the end of season 2. And yes, if the series continues the timeline will have to be different than in the comics where Carl could stay the same age for ten years of publication (assuming he is still around in the comics).
Old October 22 2012, 12:53 AM   #178
sojourner
Admiral

Well, just looking at the actor last week I think we can safely assume that a number of months have passed since the end of season 2.
Well, we could tell that from Lori's stomach.
Old October 22 2012, 12:58 AM   #179
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Well, just looking at the actor last week I think we can safely assume that a number of months have passed since the end of season 2.
Well, we could tell that from Lori's stomach.
True, but I was just referring to the point made earlier about the actor.
Old October 22 2012, 01:11 AM   #180
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Ummmm......
It would really be best if he didn't hint at anything without spoiler codes.
Precisely. Not everyone has either read the comics or looked online and read spoilers. On the other hand, since there have been several differences between the comics and the TV show already, there's no reason to automatically assume that what we know from the comics will be realized on-screen.

Certain things, of course, HAVE to happen as they did in the comics, and there are members of the main cast who have been adamant about that.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote