A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 21 2012, 06:39 PM   #76
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek Film Makers Association

Deleted and re-posted.

Last edited by Linnear; October 21 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Linnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:47 PM   #77
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Linnear, you seriously need to re-read your posts in this thread and Double-oh's before deciding who has the "drama free attitude".
Old October 21 2012, 06:47 PM   #78
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Linnear wrote: View Post
Do you think you can let this thread serve its purpose and stop with your sock-puppet attacks?

Seriously, the immaturity of people who can't just let us do what we set this thread to do is mind boggling. And why Star Trek fans get a bad rap.

Alec
I don't know what you hope to accomplish by continuing like this, but it is your behavior that's out of line. I'd suggest that you seriously rethink how you post here, and how you address other members.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:58 PM   #79
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Ho Hum.

Last edited by Linnear; October 22 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old October 21 2012, 06:59 PM   #80
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Not really it might spur other interested fan fiction film makers to set up their own association or have fruitful discussions about collaboration.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:59 PM   #81
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

To everyone else on this board. If you are a real person who wants to share and be part of a group of fun, dedicated film makers, let us know. The interactions some of us have had already have been fantastic.

Craig Sheeler of Star Trek: Secret Voyage and I spent a good part of the Creation Las Vegas convention together. I introduced him to Pony Horton, VFX guy extraordinaire, and Rick Chambers, one of Phase IIs writers. Craig is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Jim Bray of Starship Ajax and I Skyped for almost an hour, as only geeks can do. Ajax is one of my favorite projects and John Hughes and Jim are two awesome folk. I introduced Jim to James Cawley and now Jim is going to the P2 shoot next month. Jim is an amazingly talented sculptor and mold maker too and his Gorn masks are simply amazing.

I am trying to get Nick Cook of Intrepid to come to the USA, but between work and his newborn baby, it will be tough, but I am determined to get him into Axanar. Our Facebook chats are awesome as he is such a friendly guy. I was able to get him a bunch of distressed costumes from Star Trek: The Experience at no cost from CBS.

We are all having fun and helping each other. If you have a helpful, drama-free attitude, we would love to have you.

Alec Peters
Old October 22 2012, 01:02 AM   #82
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Not really it might spur other interested fan fiction film makers to set up their own association or have fruitful discussions about collaboration.
Obviously, this is also an idea with some merit.
Old October 22 2012, 01:40 AM   #83
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
But who says we don't already? We just shot a vignette yesterday featuring the star of another production (Star Trek: Lexington).

Our lead actor, Jeffrey Green (Captain Grigory) lended his voice talents to http://startrekvalkyrie.com/

Michael Stutelberg of Star Trek: Eagle asked permission (which was freely granted) to use a young Ensign Grigory in a comic book production of his series.

We recommended one of our voice actors, Michael Liebmann, to another production. He did great for them.

This sort of thing goes on all the time.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 02:23 AM   #84
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post

But who says we don't already?
No one. They're saying an association might promote even more.
Old October 22 2012, 02:25 AM   #85
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Oh, I agree completely, but I'm pointing out a lot of us already share resources and talent. Not sure everyone realizes that.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 03:49 AM   #86
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
I'd like to say, for the record, I have no axe to grind with anyone from Continues or especially Farragut. Indeed, I count several people from the Farragut team as friends and colleagues, and people who have helped me out on more than one occasion.

I can't and won't comment on things that did not and do not involve me. I work on these projects because I enjoy them, and because I sometimes have an opportunity to work with people I like and/or admire. There's a lot of good people out there, and that's what this group is about. To my mind at least.
Coming in late to the party, but I've been away for a few days. I'm right there with Nick! And I'll have to say that Mike Bednar has been nothing but nice to me every time we communicate. His input to AJAX has been valuable.

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 04:05 AM   #87
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

doubleohAHHHHHH!!!!! wrote: View Post
Would audio dramas be welcome in this collective? I've done some work for Darker Projects' Star Trek shows, and have had a story in mind for a few years that would create an opportunity for some of our fellow fan film characters to cameo throughout the history of Trek.

I'd basically resigned myself to the notion of reaching out to each of the actors we want directly, but if the infrastructure is in place to facilitate it, would we be welcome or is this strictly for video projects?

You know I haven't thought about this. I think we each have fundamentally different needs. The question might be WHAT do we have that you need and vice-versa. I am not sure there is any overlap.

Alec
Actually, Alec some of these guys have been nice enough to send me bunches of walla/chatter files to use for AJAX...and I've done VO work, as well as has my wife. We'd love to help with a radio drama!

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 05:25 AM   #88
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Ho hum. Well, this thread is now worthless.
Linnear, after reading today's stuff, you're definitely coming across in an immature and unpleasant manner now and I really need you to stop. You are doing *exactly* what you're accusing others of doing.

-

From this post forward, if anyone continues this, I'm warning. I'm done with this behavior.

I don't want to see more notifies on this thread or any PM wars or whatever.

Most people here are grown adults and should act like grown adults. If anyone feels someone is trying to provoke, then as I've said earlier, mod notify works (and God knows we've had tons of mod notifies on this crap). DON'T respond in kind.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 06:10 AM   #89
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

My apologies T'Boo. I wish you had closed the thread yesterday when it was clearly no longer useful. I just don't deal well with anonymous posters who attack me. Especially when I am trying to help people. I clearly over-reacted and I am sorry to have caused you grief.

Alec

Last edited by Linnear; October 22 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old October 22 2012, 01:56 PM   #90
Tom
Rear Admiral

Who is anonymous here? Mostly everyone here are long time posters, some of whom go back over the ten years I have been posting here. Obviously, some have Halloween names but there far from anonymous. Just saying..