Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old October 19 2012, 11:47 PM   #76
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: There's a trailer apparently.....

Transwarp Drive wrote: View Post
If there's one thing I stand by in life, it's that there's no smoke without fire and that usually where you hear things, particularly from a number of sources, they usually come to pass one way or the other.
In that case everyone in Hollywood is both pregnant AND getting a divorce.

The overactive imagination of a few fans? Or a darker, deeper and more significant meaning?
THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!!!!

Remember what they said about Spock in the original pilot. Foreshadowing baby!!!!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 11:50 PM   #77
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

teacock wrote: View Post
If there's one thing I stand by in life, it's that there's no smoke without fire and that usually where you hear things, particularly from a number of sources, they usually come to pass one way or the other.
In that case everyone in Hollywood is both pregnant AND getting a divorce.

The overactive imagination of a few fans? Or a darker, deeper and more significant meaning?
THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!!!!

Remember what they said about Spock in the original pilot. Foreshadowing baby!!!!
Actors are whores, with the exception of Pegg maybe, I suspect there aren't any of them who give a stuff about the franchise beyond the paycheck and what they'll leapfrog into after, all I can say is I know what I've read and I know what I think.

'It wasn't me, it was the material I had to work with....'

I also think to assume it's going to be wonderful is as dangerous too. Crappy word of mouth can kill the box office so perhaps that the strategy, keep it buried until you absolutely have to release it., they could release a film of two steaming turds in Starfleet uniforms and most of us would go to see it........

Scat Trek Into Darkness.....
Transwarp Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 11:57 PM   #78
teacake
Admiral

So where is your proof that Quinto was trying to distance himself from the material?

If you read it, it's out there. Show us.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 19 2012, 11:58 PM   #79
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

So where is your proof that Quinto was trying to distance himself from the material?

If you read it, it's out there. Show us.
I haven't got time to find it, only to maliciously use it as I recall it.

Sorry.

Trekmovie though, I'm sure.
Old October 20 2012, 12:02 AM   #80
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

Wait, it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be to find, as follows;

http://trekmovie.com/2012/09/07/chri...er-and-bolder/

In the comments - that said - it wasn't this that I read. I read something else.
Old October 20 2012, 12:03 AM   #81
teacake
Admiral

Trekmovie is not that big that a search on key words would find it soon enough.

I'm suspecting Quinto said something humorously and a bunch of drama queens in the comments section went on a jag about how it sounded like he was distancing himself.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 12:05 AM   #82
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

Trekmovie is not that big that a search on key words would find it soon enough.

I'm suspecting Quinto said something humorously and a bunch of drama queens in the comments section went on a jag about how it sounded like he was distancing himself.
Like I said before, even evidencing it here is pointless as someone invariably calls foul and that's the end of the 'debate'.

That said, we now have 'evidence' of divas and unhappy actors.......LOL

And how can't we believe a website wit the name 'BlindGossip?'

http://blindgossip.com/?p=41527
Old October 20 2012, 12:06 AM   #83
teacake
Admiral

That's all ya got?

A tired looking Quinto saying the movie is a collaborative effort and doesn't all come down to the actors?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 12:09 AM   #84
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

That's all ya got?

A tired looking Quinto saying the movie is a collaborative effort and doesn't all come down to the actors?
Take your pick chap, I'm not your secretary although I do make a nice cup of tea.
Old October 20 2012, 12:12 AM   #85
teacake
Admiral

Take my pick of what?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 12:13 AM   #86
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
<snip>
Cool, cheers.

I know I've read this stuff, it's unfortunate I can't place it but even if I could I'd be shot down. I read the diva behaviour somewhere else though. In NZ , I can't access the online source you've quoted, it was a few months ago though.
I hadn't considered that you wouldn't be able to get to the page. Quoting the pertinent bits:
National Enquirer wrote:
WAR OF THE STAR TREK DIVAS

Published on: March 28, 2012
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Photography by: Desilu Productions/CBS Photo Archives/Getty Images/
[stock photo of TOS Enterprise here - M']

GUESS WHO?! Ego torpedoes explode on the deck of the NEW Starship Enterprise as diva STAR TREK actors go for each other’s throats in blood feud! PLUS: D-lister’s lost weekend after escape from rehab to gin mill paradise!

A feud is brewing aboard the USS Enterprise! Two actors currently filming the untitled “Star Trek” sequel have been at each other’s throats. The pair got along on the first film, but they’re bigger stars now and bigger divas! Who are they?
(There's more about some celebrity drunk, a Grammy-winner's failing marriage, a reality-show mom who stole money to put her child through dance class, and a Desperate Housewife. None are identified by name.)

[Edit: I see that the gossip page you linked is quoting from the above source. - M']

The Quinto thing, I think, was a series of posts on Trekmovie in response to an interview he did a few months ago, the general jist being he was seen to be distancing himself from what had taken place during filming. The overactive imagination of a few fans? Or a darker, deeper and more significant meaning?
Oh, imaginations among commenters in the TrekMovie threads are just as active and varied as any to be found here, and there are liable to be some darker corners of the internets checking in now and then. Without seeing the posts in question, I wouldn't even want to guess at where the "distancing" notion might be coming from. Comments on any news thread are best taken with a grain of salt, anyway.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 12:16 AM   #87
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

<snip>
Cool, cheers.

I know I've read this stuff, it's unfortunate I can't place it but even if I could I'd be shot down. I read the diva behaviour somewhere else though. In NZ , I can't access the online source you've quoted, it was a few months ago though.
I hadn't considered that you wouldn't be able to get to the page. Quoting the pertinent bits:
National Enquirer wrote:
WAR OF THE STAR TREK DIVAS

Published on: March 28, 2012
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Photography by: Desilu Productions/CBS Photo Archives/Getty Images/
[stock photo of TOS Enterprise here - M']

GUESS WHO?! Ego torpedoes explode on the deck of the NEW Starship Enterprise as diva STAR TREK actors go for each other’s throats in blood feud! PLUS: D-lister’s lost weekend after escape from rehab to gin mill paradise!

A feud is brewing aboard the USS Enterprise! Two actors currently filming the untitled “Star Trek” sequel have been at each other’s throats. The pair got along on the first film, but they’re bigger stars now and bigger divas! Who are they?
(There's more about some celebrity drunk, a Grammy-winner's failing marriage, a reality-show mom who stole money to put her child through dance class, and a Desperate Housewife. None are identified by name.)

The Quinto thing, I think, was a series of posts on Trekmovie in response to an interview he did a few months ago, the general jist being he was seen to be distancing himself from what had taken place during filming. The overactive imagination of a few fans? Or a darker, deeper and more significant meaning?
Oh, imaginations among commenters in the TrekMovie threads are just as active and varied as any to be found here, and there are liable to be some darker corners of the internets checking in now and then. Without seeing the posts in question, I wouldn't even want to guess at where the "distancing" notion might be coming from. Comments on any news thread are best taken with a grain of salt, anyway.
Agreed, absolutely - and thank you for the filling in the blanks around the links.

That said, there isn't much out there to back up the fact it's good either.

Any 'informed opinion' I have is around actors who don't like each other and the possibility of a terrible film, sounds like the original franchise to me!

As a matter of interest, is there a film in recent memory which was sunk by the news and rumours coming off the set before it was released?
Old October 20 2012, 12:20 AM   #88
Transwarp Drive
Lieutenant

Take my pick of what?
Of whatever Google tells you when you search appropriately.
Old October 20 2012, 12:40 AM   #89
teacake
Admiral

If I want people's wild ass opinions about how the movie is fail because Quinto said it was a collaborative effort I can just stay right here in this thread, no need to google for more of it

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 01:11 AM   #90
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

Meh. To me it sounds like he was just looking for a way to worm his way into promoting the indie films he producing, probably looking for distributors or other producers.:

"Far more fulfilling, Quinto said, are the projects he is producing such as last year's critically heralded indie 'Margin Call'."
I mean, he's at a film festival, and he is a producer of indie films. Indie film producers are perpetually in search of distributors (or money in general), so of course he is going to try and use this article as a way of promoting his production efforts. I don't blame him.

He was speaking to "The Wrap" magazine and a judge at their indie film festival. He was considering the audience. He wasn't speaking to "Star Trek Magazine".

Last edited by Jackson_Roykirk; October 20 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote