Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old October 19 2012, 12:13 AM   #31
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Voyager rebooted as a movie

I really though I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Hugh Grant as Chakotay.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 12:51 AM   #32
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Yes that is incredibly bad, painfully guttingly awful.

And the quips! UGH.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 01:12 AM   #33
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Eric Estrada and Delta Burke?

They were fantastic together on Popular, but if you're going to reboot it's a bit of an insult to replace the old actors with even older actors.

Old October 19 2012, 01:20 AM   #34
KimMH
Rear Admiral

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
But isn't a different actor playing the part the same as, say, the different interpretations we already get of the characters in the novels? No two writers see them the same. I've read about Spocks who hide raging emotions behind a veil of calm, and ones who barely remember what feelings are like.

Heck, no two Voyager TV writers wrote Janeway the same, and it showed!
An excellent point! I enjoy reading diff author's interpretations of characters I've already "met" and consider it a way of getting to know them better!

I would love to see Voyager on the big screen. Actors? hmmm. Janeway's would be the toughest one; perhaps it would be best to go with someone unexpected to completely depart with what we know and love.

Will have to think about that one. Tuvok would be tough, too.
Old October 19 2012, 01:49 AM   #35
teacake
Fleet Admiral

If Tim Russ dyes out the grey he will look exactly the same, especially with a little makeup.

Janeway.. sigh. The big qualities would be:

The warmth and her quality of seducing everyone into doing what she wants.

The directness, the barking out orders like you mean it. No one like Elizabeth Weir in SG:A who delivered all her lines like a terrified flower.

It's the ability to bark and seduce in the same character we need.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 19 2012, 06:59 PM   #36
Lynx
Rear Admiral

teacock wrote: View Post
The stuff you love now will be ruined?
Yes!

I don't think that I could love a Voyager with characters who don't look like and probably don't act like the real characters.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at:http://www.lynx677.tk/
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 10:55 PM   #37
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Lynx wrote: View Post
The stuff you love now will be ruined?
Yes!

I don't think that I could love a Voyager with characters who don't look like and probably don't act like the real characters.
So the VOY we have right now, your seasons 1-3 would be ruined if there was a VOY reboot movie?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 19 2012, 11:11 PM   #38
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

If Tim Russ dyes out the grey he will look exactly the same, especially with a little makeup.

Janeway.. sigh. The big qualities would be:

The warmth and her quality of seducing everyone into doing what she wants.

The directness, the barking out orders like you mean it. No one like Elizabeth Weir in SG:A who delivered all her lines like a terrified flower.

It's the ability to bark and seduce in the same character we need.
Ya know, I'm kinda wondering how Uma Thurman might handle the part of Janeway. I kinda think she could handle that balance you are speaking of. Uma's only about 15 years younger than Kate Mulgrew, so the age would be about right.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 10:20 PM   #39
KarenLynn
Ensign

A few days ago, before discovering this forum, I had some thoughts about a Voyager movie. Not a reboot, but a post-Endgame story. That way they could still use the same actors. I would personally prefer that to seeing other actors as the Voyager crew characters, and I'm also curious to hear the story of what happened after they got home.

I have very little knowledge about the rest of Trek in general - I know about the other series and in what order they aired, I know there are Trek movies out there, and I know there are books. What I don't know is whether post-Endgame Voyager is really covered anywhere much. I do know about Admiral Janeway being in one of the movies, and I've heard about Janeway being killed off (not happy about that!) and Chakotay and Seven breaking up, I think. That's all I know about what's happened since Voyager returned, so I have probably missed stuff and this could all be irrelevant.

Now, here's what I was thinking... The movie could start with the scene from Endgame where we see them back on Earth celebrating the 25 (?) years since their return - what later turns out to be future Admiral Janeway's reality. Only the scene would be changed to reflect the Voyager crew's reality 25 years later. After that opening, they could go back and fill in the blanks on the years since Voyager came back, with some storyline tying it all together. One thing, though - I would really want Janeway to come back somehow. I would watch a Voyager movie if she wasn't in it, but to me it wouldn't be nearly as awesome without her.
KarenLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 10:25 PM   #40
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Janeway has been brought back to sweet sweet permanent life in the latest novel.

The post Endgame books (referred to as relaunch as opposed to books set during the series) are quite good IMO. The vary in quality but there are some gems there and the story can be engrossing. The most recent writer for them who posts here sometimes is excellent. If you want a list of them just let me know, they are one long story arc(s).

Admiral Janeway appeared in First Contact for about 6 seconds. Otherwise we only have our imaginations..

And would I like to see Kate Mulgrew in the role of Janeway 25 years later?

YES YES YES I would.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 10:38 PM   #41
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

KarenLynn wrote: View Post
A few days ago, before discovering this forum, I had some thoughts about a Voyager movie. Not a reboot, but a post-Endgame story. That way they could still use the same actors. I would personally prefer that to seeing other actors as the Voyager crew characters, and I'm also curious to hear the story of what happened after they got home.

I have very little knowledge about the rest of Trek in general - I know about the other series and in what order they aired, I know there are Trek movies out there, and I know there are books. What I don't know is whether post-Endgame Voyager is really covered anywhere much. I do know about Admiral Janeway being in one of the movies, and I've heard about Janeway being killed off (not happy about that!) and Chakotay and Seven breaking up, I think. That's all I know about what's happened since Voyager returned, so I have probably missed stuff and this could all be irrelevant.

Now, here's what I was thinking... The movie could start with the scene from Endgame where we see them back on Earth celebrating the 25 (?) years since their return - what later turns out to be future Admiral Janeway's reality. Only the scene would be changed to reflect the Voyager crew's reality 25 years later. After that opening, they could go back and fill in the blanks on the years since Voyager came back, with some storyline tying it all together. One thing, though - I would really want Janeway to come back somehow. I would watch a Voyager movie if she wasn't in it, but to me it wouldn't be nearly as awesome without her.

This is certainly the best idea I saw so far in this thread!
Old October 20 2012, 10:54 PM   #42
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Some people will need a lot of time in the gym to do it. BUT.. as incredibly boring as the gym is (I assume, I've never ventured there) if you are being paid to add years to your life by exercising and you get to be in a major motion picture after conventions being your bread and butter for years wouldn't you do it? Well, I would.

Because in the future everyone looks fabulous "25 years later".

How would they go back and fill in the gaps with the same actors?

I would like to see them in the future post Endgame, some kind of AU is fine with me. I don't really care about filling in the storyline as I'm satisfied with the novels but getting the crew back together and forcing them into a storyline (even though they would have scattered in their careers) they way TOS films did, that would be a wonderful thing.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 11:02 PM   #43
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

"How would they go back and fill in the gaps with the same actors?"

mmh. Maybe flashbacks isn't a solution then. How about a court trial? They could be gathered to explain this and that incident and maybe some alien race from the DQ found its way to the AQ and accuses them of something. And as a B story you can have a look into the relationships or private matters of the main characters.
Old October 20 2012, 11:05 PM   #44
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I hate trial episodes. And even worse is when superior god like beings are judging the puny humans. It's one of my pet hates.

I think it might be too slow a premise, the movie needs 'splosions. Admiral Janeway can just hijack a ship to go save someone, 7 of course, like Kirk was always doing.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 20 2012, 11:06 PM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Reminds me of the extended footage at the end of Terminator Two where John Connor is a Senator wearing the ugliest dichromium jumper and Sarah is talking about how Michael Jackson celebrated another birthday.

I read Watching the Clock recently, where after Endgame, temporal Investigations gets their hands on Janeway, and they're prepared to throw away the key, when the time cops we are used to, Ducane and daniels, say "let it go, it's fine, all is good" becuase their history requird Janeways selfish criminal antics to cement the foundations of thier present... Which completely reminds me of Oliver North.