Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 19 2012, 12:07 AM   #361
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

SG-17 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post

Do we know if superpowers exist in this universe? Or is it like the Dark Knight universe where powers don't exist?
No indication so far, but they seem to be keeping to non-powered villains if that's any indication. Doesn't mean powers couldn't be introduced at a later point.

They may name drop a super powered character long before we see one. "Superman doesn't have to put up with this".
I wonder what they would do with Black Canary then?

Also, are they really going to make Speedy (Red Arrow), his sister? That just seems odd.
Originally the Black Canary was just a martial artist. She didn't get the Canary Cry until she joined the JLA.

The second Speedy (Mia Dearden) was a girl.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 12:19 AM   #362
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

"My name is Speedy... This is a speedball, gosh... it's like fate or god is talking to me, telling that this is a good idea, like destiny or shit."

The sister was playing a 15 year old a decade ago on the O.C... Forever young. She'll still be playing a teenager well into her 40s.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 01:44 AM   #363
Brolan
Commodore

I'm really starting to like this show. It's pretty interesting sorting the good guys from the bad guys. We know Mom is on the bad side but is her new husband? Or is he clueless?

And did Mom really hate her own son enough to let him get killed on the yacht? Is she that power hungry? Or is Oliver not really her son?
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 02:46 AM   #364
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Brolan wrote: View Post
I'm really starting to like this show. It's pretty interesting sorting the good guys from the bad guys. We know Mom is on the bad side but is her new husband? Or is he clueless?

And did Mom really hate her own son enough to let him get killed on the yacht? Is she that power hungry? Or is Oliver not really her son?
Give Oliver's reputation as a rich philander I don't think he was really the target - merely collaterol damage and the father was the real target. Now her concern is what Queen Jr might have been told but if she thinks he's clueless she might stop trying to kill him for a while.

And put me down as another who's a bit perturbed by the level of potentially lethal force.

If they are shooting at him then yeah they are fair game but killing them to make an entry but then I guess it's one way of making sure they don't stop you on the way out.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 06:28 AM   #365
BigFoot
Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
The sister was playing a 15 year old a decade ago on the O.C... Forever young. She'll still be playing a teenager well into her 40s.
She was actually on The O.C. between 2006 and 2007. And today Willa Holland is 21 so the age gap (between Willa and Thea) isn't all that big.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 11:17 AM   #366
Takeru
Fleet Captain

I wonder what they would do with Black Canary then?
They already mentioned biotech and applied sciences, in comic book terms that means they can do whatever they want, just give Dina a special choker that sends out ultrasonic waves and is activated by her scream. You can do a lot with fake technology and still pretend your show doesn't have superpowers.

Brolan wrote: View Post
Maybe she didn't know he would be on the yacht, that might explain why she shut down after the funeral, she planned her husband's death and loosing her son was truly a shock.
Or maybe she had nothing to do with it, whoever killed her husband could have shown up on her doorstep one day telling her "Your husband wanted to turn on us, now he and your son are dead, do what we say or you and your daughter are next!".
She really doesn't seem like she's the mastermind behind what's going on in Starling City, looking at Oliver's list a lot of people are involved, the yacht "accident" might have been a method to get the remaining Queens back in line. She still orchestrated her son's kidnapping and risked his death, but what if the alternative was that the conspiracy would have killed him just to be sure he doesn't know anything?

I really don't want her to be so evil that she would try murder her son. Doing bad things out of desperation would be much more interesting and would work better if they want to keep the
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 04:30 AM   #367
JD
Admiral

I really enjoyed the second episode. I can't really think of any specific comments at the moment.

EDIT: Thought of something. I have a feeling that the sabotage of the yacht was to kill Oliver's father and Oliver was just collateral, but now she's afraid that Oliver knows something she doesn't want him too.
Old October 21 2012, 02:17 PM   #368
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

She's very likely not the mastermind, but I have no doubt that she's "evil" and that Oliver was one of the intended targets of the yacht murder. The main point seemed to be focused on getting whatshisface into the CEO chair, which wouldn't have happened since Oliver (apparently) would have wound up in that position instead if his father died and he was still running around. I mean, he seemed to think that the reigns would be handed over to him as soon as he was ready, which is the whole point of him pulling a Bruce Wayne by pretending to return to his irresponsible and carousing self of old.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 08:15 PM   #369
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Two episodes in, I'm still iffy about the show. I'll continue to watch because I do see potential there, but I want them to make better use of the villains. They've pretty much just ran through two Drakon and China White (especially White) that could be season-long villains. Granted there's nothing that stops them from coming back to the show but I don't think their introductions were so good to make the average fan see a need for them to come back. They were treated like run of the mill villains.

Hopefully the show gets better in building anticipation for Arrow's villains from the comics and of course delivering on their promises.

I like the supporting cast. I'm not into the lead actor that much. He's ripped, but his acting doesn't do much for me. I'm hoping that gets better over time too.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 09:28 PM   #370
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

China White will be back. Kelly Hu has film three episodes already (including this one).
Old October 22 2012, 08:53 PM   #371
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Arrow picked up for full season
Old October 22 2012, 09:08 PM   #372
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^ Good news!
Old October 23 2012, 03:30 AM   #373
JD
Admiral

Glad to hear it.
Old October 23 2012, 04:14 AM   #374
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
That's good. This show deserves a chance.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 04:29 AM   #375
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

That article is badly phrased at the end, placing the word "fired" so bloody close to the stars name, that for a second, I thought that they were recasting the lead.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote