New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 18 2012, 09:46 PM   #151
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

My wife and I love the show. We bond over the merciless death, violence and anxiety.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 10:17 PM   #152
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
My wife and I love the show. We bond over the merciless death, violence and anxiety.

Mark
Very sweet sentiment

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 10:21 PM   #153
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
Really, and this theory has its own flaws, but the most 'realistic' explanation for how the virus works is that it's some sort of nanotechnology gone horrily awry.
Is there any other sort?

I also vote nanotechnology...which could have been dedeloped years ago....but they all get activiated when some kind of world wide signal is attempted, and it activates the bots simultaneously, so they can't fight it like a regular disease, and enemies pop up suddenly, creating all the chaos.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 07:28 AM   #154
Immolatus
Captain

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Really, and this theory has its own flaws, but the most 'realistic' explanation for how the virus works is that it's some sort of nanotechnology gone horrily awry.
Is there any other sort?

I also vote nanotechnology...which could have been dedeloped years ago....but they all get activiated when some kind of world wide signal is attempted, and it activates the bots simultaneously, so they can't fight it like a regular disease, and enemies pop up suddenly, creating all the chaos.
the wizard did it! black magic
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 09:18 PM   #155
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Great episode, looking forward to the rest of the season.

One of the things that always bugged me was in the hand to hand (so to speak) the use short objects such as knives, screwdrivers and so on, knowing that bites cause infection and death I would opt for something a bit longer AND would have sort of protection from my hands and arms.

It's good to see that some of the group is in fact using longer death tools but it still surprises me that not all do.

I also wouldn't leave any walkers out and about, that one they just let roam around outside the fence could be the one that eventually breaks in and gets me or one of the group.

I wouldn't rest until they were all put down.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 10:10 PM   #156
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

As long as they don't end the series with everyone dying and turning into zombies, I'll be happy. I swear, that crap is played out.

On a seperate note, has anyone checked out the WD video game? I've been watching Let's Play's online and I have to admit its actually more entertaining and has better characters than the tv version.

Immolatus wrote: View Post

the wizard did it! black magic
I'm going with aliens myself.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 10:17 PM   #157
thumbtack
Commodore

Why were they slaughtering zombies like it was a game at the beginning of the episode, but then they are suddenly afraid of zombies again by the end of the episode?
Old October 19 2012, 11:21 PM   #158
Stiletto
Fleet Captain

thumbtack wrote: View Post
Why were they slaughtering zombies like it was a game at the beginning of the episode, but then they are suddenly afraid of zombies again by the end of the episode?
I think because of the close quarters within the jail.

A spear-like weapon with a bar after the blade to stop it from going in all the way and getting stuck would be a great weapon. I think there was a medieval weapon called a bec de corbin that would do the trick. I think T-Dog had a fireplace poker that was similar, but way too short for my tastes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bec+...w=1920&bih=908
Old October 20 2012, 12:37 AM   #159
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Maybe they were just pleased for once to have the upper hand in a fight, and happy to be able to take out their frustrations on the damn things?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 03:22 AM   #160
propita
Rear Admiral

They had three zombies who were coming at them. I thought they could've taken the three, them worked their way back out. Actually, I preferred the "bang on the fence and kill them" idea. They could've gotten at least a dozen more than way. Winning by attrition isn't that bad.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 01:27 PM   #161
the G-man
Commodore

Stiletto wrote: View Post
I think because of the close quarters within the jail
That's how I took it as well. I also suspect the fact they didn't know the layout of the jail and where zombies might come from next (or how many) contributed to the danger
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 11:13 AM   #162
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I finally got to watch it last night. All the zombie action was cool but I thought it was a bit thin on story. I did love the intro, it just showed how desperate they had become to eat an owl and dog food.

davejames wrote: View Post
I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I actually found the season 2 premiere (set on the highway) to be a lot more suspenseful.

I suppose there's just something about the threat of a zombie attack I find to be a lot more exciting than the actual killing of them.

Here, it was basically just a nonstop parade of zombie killing from the start, which made the whole episode feel a bit cold and mechanical to me, like I was watching characters in a videogame or something.
It did seem like a game, when they got to the second bit of the fence and the zombie riot police came out my friend commented 'Level 2'

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
I kinda wonder what the scope of this show is going to be anyways. Like how many seasons are they planning on? Clearly at this point, they're not in danger of cancellation, so they probably are going to have to choose when to end. Personally, if the quality remained consistent, I could probably watch this show for a very long time.

But maybe there's a point at which they will be satisfied with this story? Like maybe Rick dying or something. I don't know what their ultimate goal is, but I'm guessing the ending is not going to be the end of zombies or anything happy like that.
Well the Comics/Graphic Novels are apparently quite a bit ahead of the TV Show, and still going strong, and audience for the TV Show continues to grow (Despite losing 10 Million possible viewers for the Season Premiere due to Dish dropping AMC), so, I would imagine as long as ratings continue to increase, or don't drop considerably (They were pretty excited to break the 5 Million mark with Dish viewers in S1, I believe) they'll probably keep it going, unless the Actors become too expensive for the ratings. The way it's looking now, I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue for at least another 3 more seasons.
I hope it continues for a long time. What I think could be interesting is if in a few years they jump ahead and have adult Carl and his sibling as the main characters.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 01:43 PM   #163
the G-man
Commodore

Hmmm....Someone over at AICN just pointed out that Scott Wilson (Herchel's) name isn’t in the new main titles.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 01:50 PM   #164
Rhaven
Captain

Hmmm....Someone over at AICN just pointed out that Scott Wilson (Herchel's) name isn’t in the new main titles.
Uh-oh. That doesn't bode well for Herschel. If he dies, then Lori is going to have a tough delivery I'm thinking.
Old October 21 2012, 06:29 PM   #165
propita
Rear Admiral

Many viewers kinda wouldn't mind. I can't even count all the "hope it's a zombie baby that claws its way out" posts I've read online.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote