Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2012, 02:38 AM   #1456
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
SHIELD tampering with minds, especially Black Widow whose already had trust issues with her old government doing that. Now this.
And the current Winter Soldier arc has Widow programmed back into her old Soviet personality, so this new Secret Avengers premise would be doing something to that character that has just been done shortly before SA relaunches.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 09:14 PM   #1457
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Not to mention James, he has a problem with that kind of stuff as well.

Bendis and McGuiness's long rumoured Nova is officially announced. Along with Bendis and McNivens "Guardians of the Galaxy".

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...guinness-nova/
Iron Man as a Guardian is weird. better than Luke Cage or Spider Woman though.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 10:55 PM   #1458
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

How is he going to stay a purist using his earth tech when there's so much alien tech out there better than his?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 01:54 AM   #1459
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Well is that really Iron Man or just someone in a variation of his suit... one of the future "Stark" that were a big deal in the early 90s. Y'know those goofy aliens that thought of Iron Man as a god or something and all had elements of his suit.

I mean it would be a cool call back to the old Gardians of the Galaxy series, by having The Stark show up again.

Or Tony gives someone a suit... which is probably the most logical answer. The mask is nothing like an Iron Man armor.
Old October 15 2012, 02:14 AM   #1460
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
Dunno who they'd put in it, since I think Scarlet Spider is continuing, and Venom is part of Rulk's team. So I dunno - my guess is Miquel O'Hara - or I suppose on of the Tarantula guys...
Whoever he is, he has "serious Spider-Man pedigree." He's probably not 616 Miles Morales; there are "no plans" for a Spider-Men follow-up at the moment, according to that link.

The link also has a look at Superior Spider-Man #2's cover.

EDITED TO ADD: Slott prefers "dark and weird" as a description for the new series, rather than the "grim and gritty" description that's been floating around.

Last edited by PsychoPere; October 15 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Noted in-post.
Old October 15 2012, 02:39 AM   #1461
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I'm game for a new Spidey, and don't really mind most of the changes, but I really dislike the idea of Mary Jane hooking up with him. If Peter dies in ASM 700 and she's making out with a new Spider-Man a week later that's just...weird. It's so against her character (IMO) that it actually has me thinking Peter will fake his own death for whatever reason in the final issue of Amazing, and Mary Jane will be the only one who knows the truth.
Old October 15 2012, 02:53 AM   #1462
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
Well is that really Iron Man or just someone in a variation of his suit... one of the future "Stark" that were a big deal in the early 90s. Y'know those goofy aliens that thought of Iron Man as a god or something and all had elements of his suit.

I mean it would be a cool call back to the old Gardians of the Galaxy series, by having The Stark show up again.

Or Tony gives someone a suit... which is probably the most logical answer. The mask is nothing like an Iron Man armor.
interesting theory. maybe its Arno Stark.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 04:17 AM   #1463
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

I dunno is Arno in 616? BUT it's interesting - or heh it's Rhodey. Is there any word if Rhodey still has a role somewhere in Marvel NOW?
Old October 15 2012, 10:45 AM   #1464
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man armor - it's going to be the dog. Remember that I called it first when the big reveal happens.

Seriously, it's probably a Space Knight from Galador (Rom's old stomping grounds). It could even be a new iteration of the Firefall knight.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 10:48 AM   #1465
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I don't recall anything reading anything specific but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodey pop up in Gillen's Iron Man.

Also Dan Slott gave more hints as to who Superior Spider-Man is. He said the character has Spider-Man "pedigree" and is someone we've seen before. Superior will also be bi-monthly as Amazing was. He also confirmed that this Spider-Man will be the same one appearing in Avenging Spider-Man. Starting in January this character will be Spider-Man. Obviously something is going to happen to Peter Parker in 700. I don't think they'd go as far as killing Peter....perhaps we might get another attempt to retire the character like they tired with Ben Reily. We shall have to wait and see.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 01:27 PM   #1466
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Probably Spider Man 2099.

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man armor - it's going to be the dog. Remember that I called it first when the big reveal happens.

Seriously, it's probably a Space Knight from Galador (Rom's old stomping grounds). It could even be a new iteration of the Firefall knight.
That would require Bendis having more knowledge of past Marvel continuity than he currently has.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 01:47 PM   #1467
Mr Light
Admiral

So is the ASM title being name-changed to "Superior Spider-Man", then?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 10:17 PM   #1468
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

^ Sort of. Amazing Spider-Man is ending with #700. Superior Spider-Man will be its replacement.
Old October 16 2012, 12:28 AM   #1469
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I am now thinking Miguel as well. Especially since it was stated on one of the Marvel panels that we would be seeing Spider-Man 2099 back soon. I can totally see Miguel hitting on and even kissing Mary Jane.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2012, 03:56 AM   #1470
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I don't think the 2099 mention during the panel was a definite. CBR covered it as an answer to a young boy, with Wacker saying "We'll do it for you" and not referencing any sort of timeframe. He was probably just humoring the kid.