To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 12 2012, 10:41 PM   #16
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: The Final Final Fate Of The Ponds

That was nice, it's a shame it wasn't filmed.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 01:50 AM   #17
The Wormhole
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Brian probably hasn't met River, has he? You know...his other grandchild. That could be a fun little side story -- the adventures of River Song and Anthony Pond.
Very different family. River's older than her parents and Anthony is older than his grandfather.

As for the scene itself, I'm of two minds on it. It is a nice scene, but then TATM is already derivative of Blink, this would only have made it moreso.
Old October 13 2012, 02:10 AM   #18
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

oh man this HAS to be filmed for the DVD...
Old October 14 2012, 02:45 AM   #19
RoJoHen
Awesome

I almost wonder if there would be a way to film it and edit it in with the original ending of the episode. Maybe somehow find a way to cut back and forth between Rory's letter to his dad and Amy's letter to the Doctor?
Old October 14 2012, 03:42 AM   #20
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I think had it been filmed there would've been a better since of closure for the episode and the Ponds' journey. Plus, made some sense of having Brian introduced in the first place. I think I for one would've liked it better had it been included. I know not everything needs a pat ending but at the same time it's kind of nice to have a last hurrah for the characters we spent time getting to know and like.

Strange Chibnall wrote it, so was it ever intended to be aired or was it just a coda he thought to add?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 09:25 AM   #21
Mitty
Vice Admiral

I guess it was either this ending or the one we got, it would have been a bit messy and confusing to have both. Personally I'm happy with what we got and this is just a nice little coda which I will personally take as canon.
Old October 14 2012, 12:16 PM   #22
Sparky
Commodore

Mitty wrote: View Post
I guess it was either this ending or the one we got, it would have been a bit messy and confusing to have both. Personally I'm happy with what we got and this is just a nice little coda which I will personally take as canon.
I agree. It would be nice as a CiN special or a dvd extra or a mini webisode though.
Old October 14 2012, 02:24 PM   #23
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Strange Chibnall wrote it, so was it ever intended to be aired or was it just a coda he thought to add?
According to Chibnall himself, "P.S." was to be a DVD extra (like "Night and the Doctor"), but the actor wasn't available. He goes on to say it was written at the same time as "Pond Life," long before the season began airing.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 02:29 PM   #24
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
According to Chibnall himself, "P.S." was to be a DVD extra (like "Night and the Doctor"), but the actor wasn't available. He goes on to say it was written at the same time as "Pond Life," long before the season began airing.
then film it later! Erg....
Old October 14 2012, 11:19 PM   #25
Newspaper Taxi
Captain

It would have been a fine addition to the episode, assuming they could have fit it in -- or made it a slightly longer episode. I really rather would have sen a scene where the Doctor confronts Brian and attempts to explain/apologize.
Old October 15 2012, 03:31 AM   #26
SeerSGB
Admiral

Newspaper Taxi wrote: View Post
It would have been a fine addition to the episode, assuming they could have fit it in -- or made it a slightly longer episode. I really rather would have sen a scene where the Doctor confronts Brian and attempts to explain/apologize.
Or used the letter or letters instead of River's novel? You could have told the same story, minus the novel.
Old October 15 2012, 07:29 AM   #27
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I would have had less problem with the fixed nature of their end had it been read in the letters.
Old October 15 2012, 08:59 AM   #28
Starkers
Admiral

Mitty wrote: View Post
Yeah I agree, whatever you think about it, this really was Amy's story with Rory, rather than Amy and Rory's story, it's always played that way throughout, even when Rory became a full time companion, with that in mind I think the actual ending we got was lovely, and I don't see how you could have had both.

At the end of the day you don't need to see something to asume it happened. Of course Amy and Rory would find some way to let Brian know, or the Doctor will; and, you know, they have other family too, how will they feel? At least Brian has an inkling what might have happened to them. We feel for Brian because we've met him, but Rory has a mum too, amy has a mum and dad etc.

As interesting as it has been, at times, to see the impact on family members of a companion travelling with the Doctor I really hope they knock it on the head for a while now.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 09:59 AM   #29
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I'm glad that scene was never filmed. It contradicts the storyline about Amy not being able to have children, and the overall effect was too much of a happy ending for the Ponds. I much prefered the sad "they are dead ... but sort of" official ending we got.
Old October 15 2012, 10:08 AM   #30
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

^How? They adopted, he said so.