RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,709
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 483
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 12 2012, 05:38 PM   #601
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Good a way as any to name a cat, I like it!

And seeing as this is a picture thread, here's some of our cat Sweet who had become bitten on the tail about a week ago and we had to do this to her: http://imgur.com/a/Usa2G

See that look in the last picture. That's the look she gave my cousin for a few days after that He had to hold her while my mom put on the bandage with the medical alcohol to dry the wound.
Old October 12 2012, 05:42 PM   #602
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Old October 12 2012, 05:48 PM   #603
macloudt
Shut up, I'm counting

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt

thestrangledcorpse wrote: View Post
Anyway, here's on of my tatts, the most recent one, from a the summer before last. The last time I posted it I was told how horrible it was that I'd scribbled all over myself. But hey, if you're gonna scribble all over yourself, you could do worse for quotations to choose!

Wait, what? Some idiots tried to tell you off for that tatt? That is the most awesome tatt I've seen in a long time. Phooey to the idiots.
Old October 12 2012, 05:51 PM   #604
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

^Here on this very board, nonetheless. But thanks, I do rather like it!
Emher wrote: View Post

And seeing as this is a picture thread, here's some of our cat Sweet who had become bitten on the tail about a week ago and we had to do this to her: http://imgur.com/a/Usa2G

See that look in the last picture. That's the look she gave my cousin for a few days after that He had to hold her while my mom put on the bandage with the medical alcohol to dry the wound.
Poor little gal! We had a dog that was always wounding her tail. She was a huge dog with a big, heavy tail and would wag it so enthusiastically that she was always banging it into things. She broke it three times doing that!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2012, 05:56 PM   #605
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Yikes! That's a hefty tail wag then!

Should add though that she's alright now, she just had to have it for two days and was much better after that. Here's one of her and the other cat, Shira, cuddling a bit:

And they both get along pretty well with Zilwer, our dog:

EDIT: might as well link the entire album for more adorableness http://imgur.com/a/Eihlp
Old October 12 2012, 06:39 PM   #606
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

What a strange looking martini. It's missing the olive.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2012, 07:32 PM   #607
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Nice tat, TSQ, If I were to get a text tattoo it would say "Fate is monstrous and empty."
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 05:02 AM   #608
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Yikes! That's a hefty tail wag then!

Should add though that she's alright now, she just had to have it for two days and was much better after that. Here's one of her and the other cat, Shira, cuddling a bit:

So cute!
Old October 13 2012, 08:55 PM   #609
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Took this one today on the way back from the park. I see them all over the place on old buildings here.

And a few from the park where they imported a pumpkin patch.

And Yeoman Randi paid us a visit last weekend!

Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 10:13 PM   #610
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
Nice tat, TSQ, If I were to get a text tattoo it would say "Fate is monstrous and empty."
Nice choice!

So, as I type this the nebulous, itchy joy of Vicodin is setting in after the last (and worst) of my wisdom teeth was finally removed. It's been a ten year drama: the first came out at 19, and for various reasons and because of various complications they've been out one at a time. It took an hour and was godawful, despite the incredible kindness and patience of my dentist and the dental assistants.
I am somewhat self-pleased at how impressed my dentist was with my pain tolerance. Apparently I have very high cheekbones which for some reason makes it hard to get the anesthetic needle in the right spot (you'd think it'd make it easier, but I guess not), which resulted in me not being numbed everywhere for some of the procedure. My dentist said most people woud have been gripping to the arms of the chair and writhing. I can boast that I only moaned slightly and let a single tear. Please forgive my boasting, but look at the tooth! The dentist said he'd never seen roots so hooked! It's like a harpoon! He had to cut it into three pieces and break a bit of my jaw bone. Also, 4 stitches. So I earned some boasting.

And to make up for sharing such a gross picture, here is the beautiful sunset I saw while walking home from work yesterday -- a sunset worthy the most pristine beach over the elevated train in Brooklyn:

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 02:20 AM   #611
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

HOLY CRAP! are you a mutant? ._.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 04:39 AM   #612
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Impressive! I actually had to have a lot of my baby teeth pulled because of hooked roots so I'm no stranger to having teeth pulled by the dentist. I never got Vicodin though.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 04:40 AM   #613
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ "Is it SAFE?"
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 04:41 AM   #614
B.J.
Rear Admiral

When I had my 3 wisdom teeth removed sometime in high school, they knocked me out completely. Can't imagine trying to endure that while awake!
Old October 14 2012, 04:47 AM   #615
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Ugh! I feel for ya, tsq. One of my wisdom teeth was hooked liked that, and it was a bitch to get out.

Seeker- those old fallout shelter signs are still everywhere. There's one on my church. If there's ever a nuclear war, those signs are going to be all that's left of us. Well, and cockroaches.