RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,896
Posts: 5,386,956
Members: 24,717
Currently online: 499
Newest member: teriankhoka

TrekToday headlines

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 6 2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral
 
Starbreaker's Avatar
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

The show will continue as long as they can keep a handful of the regulars on board. It's the #1 scripted show among 18-54 year olds right now. This show is very similar to NCIS in that it's constantly gaining viewers somehow. I was extremely resistant to change when they started pairing everyone off into relationships, but I'm enjoying the growth the show has shown now.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 02:49 AM   #17
Brolan
Commodore
 
Brolan's Avatar
 
Location: Backwoods Minnesota
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

I think the whole point of the show (from the pilot on) is Leonard's pursuit of Penny. So he will get her in the end, but that doesn't mean they will not put him through Hell first. I can see them torturing Leonard with another guy who gets Penny's motor running, and even a proposal and marriage. Of course the marriage will fall through at the last second for some reason.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 02:53 AM   #18
Photoman15
Fleet Captain
 
Photoman15's Avatar
 
Location: The sunny shores of Trenzalore
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

No, the last episode will be Sheldon's mother writing a book and telling us that unlike the book, in real life, Leonard married Bernadette, Sheldon married Penny, Raj married Leslie (Winkler) and Howard died of a heart attack trying to pick his mother up off the floor.
__________________
I refuse to put a signature here!
oh...uh...ummm
Photoman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:15 AM   #19
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Brolan wrote: View Post
I think the whole point of the show (from the pilot on) is Leonard's pursuit of Penny. So he will get her in the end, but that doesn't mean they will not put him through Hell first. I can see them torturing Leonard with another guy who gets Penny's motor running, and even a proposal and marriage. Of course the marriage will fall through at the last second for some reason.
They have to be very careful though not to overdo it.. Penny's and Leonard's relationship might not be the central theme of the show but it's a sizeable part and an endless will they/won't they can only hurt the show.

It's ok for a short while if you can get something out of it.. case in point was recently Sheldon's "Please don't hurt my friend" which i consider one of the most heartfelt and emotional scenes in the entire show (especially because it comes from Sheldon) but if it's done for artifical drama it will quickly lose appeal.
__________________
"But that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger!" Phil Coulson
"Exactly!"
Nick Fury
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:16 AM   #20
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Really? I thought that the point was that he's happier without her, but can't recognize it.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:24 AM   #21
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
I'd rather not see 10 seasons.

Most shows i know peak around season 3 or 4 and by the time you are watching season 7 it's usually more out of habit rather than quality.
TBBT definitely seems to be following that same trend right now.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:25 AM   #22
stj
Rear Admiral
 
stj's Avatar
 
Location: the real world
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

She's hot and not "intellectual" so she outranks every other character on the show. Of course Leonard needs to be validated by Penny.
__________________
The people of this country need regime change here, not abroad.
stj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:39 AM   #23
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Really? I thought that the point was that he's happier without her, but can't recognize it.
How so? Leonard has been in love with her since day one, he was jealous everytime she went out with one of her hunks and was the happiest person ever when they finally got together in season 3.

Really heartbroken when she broke up with him later in the season and after his relationship with Priya was done his feelings for Penny resurfaced (there were even there at times when he was with Priya).

Penny is just a little too immature to fully realize how good a guy Leonard is even if he's not George Clooney or whatever age appropriate guy is hot right now at that age. Let's hope her growth is fast enough and she realizes that she doesn't need drama in her life.

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
FPAlpha wrote: View Post
I'd rather not see 10 seasons.

Most shows i know peak around season 3 or 4 and by the time you are watching season 7 it's usually more out of habit rather than quality.
TBBT definitely seems to be following that same trend right now.
So far the show has confirmed pick ups for seven seasons (a rarity for any show to be picked up so far ahead for so long) but it remains to be seen how the show develops. The influx of new cast members definitely worked out and gave the show new life and a broadened scope. Let's see what the producers can come up with to keep it interesting. Currently it has settled on a good, middle level.. it's not as awesome as seasons 2 and 3 but it has occasionally brilliant episodes and scenes.
__________________
"But that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger!" Phil Coulson
"Exactly!"
Nick Fury
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 07:27 AM   #24
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
The show will continue as long as they can keep a handful of the regulars on board. It's the #1 scripted show among 18-54 year olds right now. This show is very similar to NCIS in that it's constantly gaining viewers somehow.
I think it's because like NCIS The Big Bang Theory is rerun constantly. It's on all the time on TBS and in local syndication. People have caught the reruns and have moved onto watching the new episodes weekly.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 08:07 AM   #25
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander
 
Jimi_James's Avatar
 
Location: Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky
View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Photoman15 wrote: View Post
No, the last episode will be Sheldon's mother writing a book and telling us that unlike the book, in real life, Leonard married Bernadette, Sheldon married Penny, Raj married Leslie (Winkler) and Howard died of a heart attack trying to pick his mother up off the floor.
I see what you did there.
__________________
“I was here,” says Man. “Prove it,” says the Universe.” Method of Life, a post apocalyptic sci-fi ebook available on Amazon.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Brolan
Commodore
 
Brolan's Avatar
 
Location: Backwoods Minnesota
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Brolan wrote: View Post
I think the whole point of the show (from the pilot on) is Leonard's pursuit of Penny. So he will get her in the end, but that doesn't mean they will not put him through Hell first. I can see them torturing Leonard with another guy who gets Penny's motor running, and even a proposal and marriage. Of course the marriage will fall through at the last second for some reason.
They have to be very careful though not to overdo it.. Penny's and Leonard's relationship might not be the central theme of the show but it's a sizeable part and an endless will they/won't they can only hurt the show.

It's ok for a short while if you can get something out of it.. case in point was recently Sheldon's "Please don't hurt my friend" which i consider one of the most heartfelt and emotional scenes in the entire show (especially because it comes from Sheldon) but if it's done for artifical drama it will quickly lose appeal.
I agree. The on-again off-again is getting tiresome. I would like to see them resolve the relationship and move on.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 06:23 PM   #27
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Jimi_James wrote: View Post
Photoman15 wrote: View Post
No, the last episode will be Sheldon's mother writing a book and telling us that unlike the book, in real life, Leonard married Bernadette, Sheldon married Penny, Raj married Leslie (Winkler) and Howard died of a heart attack trying to pick his mother up off the floor.
I see what you did there.
I thought it was: "I see what you did there. Good one."

(The episode was just on, where Howard is being investigated by Faith (Eliza Dushku) for his security clearance and Sheldon blows it for him.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 10:18 PM   #28
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Dare I admit that I find Leonard a little boring, too? He can't even enjoy his fannish interests without looking faintly pained and embarrassed all the time. He's not exactly the life of the party.
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 10:42 PM   #29
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Leonard is very boring, yes.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 11:59 PM   #30
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Leonard is very boring, yes.
Which is why i hope his will they/won't they with Penny may lead him to be more self confident and assertive.. when they began dating again he was more self conscious for a short while and it turned Penny on (and made him more interesting then the wet towel he usually is).

May even be funny if he starts standing up to Sheldon some more (god knows i'd put his ass to the ground more than once if i had a roomate like this.. friend or no friend)
__________________
"But that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger!" Phil Coulson
"Exactly!"
Nick Fury
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.