Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 6 2012, 07:44 PM   #16
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: Does this superhero team exist?

There was also the finale of one of the recent TMNT cartoons where that version, the classic 90s version and the original comic version teamed up. There may have been other versions included but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 07:47 PM   #17
Christopher
Writer

Yeah, the fact that Smallville Clark grew up in a town full of Kryptonite is a source of concern. That'd be like a human growing up in a town littered with uranium deposits. There's bound to be Kryptonite dust in the air, in the water supply... he's probably gonna develop super-leukemia some years down the road. In fact, maybe that was part of why he had so much trouble flying.

Of course, the real reason is that the creators never expected the show to run more than 5-6 years, so when it kept getting renewed they kept having to delay his maturation and keep him in a rut far longer than intended; and in those last few seasons they were too faithful to their original intention of keeping the "no flights, no tights" rule until the bitter end. Once the show reached season 8, they should've realized it was time for a serious rethink of that policy. Although I think I read that Tom Welling himself refused to wear the costume under any circumstances.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 08:42 PM   #18
wamdue
Admiral

Tom Welling was wearing a costume as a The Blur, certainly making much better use of the super jumps, with a more natural evolution into flying, in the later seasons would have been better (and not just in the first or last episode of the season) he was floating in the pilot after all.

super-leukemia is an interesting idea, and if you take the multi-verse view, a variety of Supermen is interesting, and yes across a mutliverse, one of them could well be a total failure in controlling his powers, and not embracing the Superman persona.
Old October 6 2012, 08:49 PM   #19
Prince of Space
Lieutenant

Although not exactly superheroes, Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champions (Elric, Corum, Dorian Hawkmoon, et al) sometimes came together as a team. They were all the same hero, exisiting in different versions across the multiverse.
Prince of Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 09:47 PM   #20
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

What about a Supergirl/Power Girl team up, such as http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.c...supergirl.html?
Old October 6 2012, 09:50 PM   #21
Christopher
Writer

wamdue wrote: View Post
Tom Welling was wearing a costume as a The Blur...
But not the costume. It was something much closer to normal clothes.

Old October 6 2012, 10:09 PM   #22
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

The only thing coming close that i can remember is Marvel's Exiles comic featuring alternate versions of known heroes/villains across the multiverse teaming up and travelling through various universes to set history straight whenever something deviated from it.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 10:31 PM   #23
wamdue
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Tom Welling was wearing a costume as a The Blur...
But not the costume. It was something much closer to normal clothes.
fear enough when he was the Red/Blue Blur, but when he was just The Blur, the long black coat, and top with the S shield on it, its alot more costume like, if not the traditional Superman costume.
Old October 7 2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

Prince of Space wrote: View Post
Although not exactly superheroes, Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champions (Elric, Corum, Dorian Hawkmoon, et al) sometimes came together as a team. They were all the same hero, exisiting in different versions across the multiverse.
It was interesting reading those from each side, you sometimes only saw the parts that mattered to the hero of the book you were reading...
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 12:31 AM   #25
Christopher
Writer

fear enough when he was the Red/Blue Blur, but when he was just The Blur, the long black coat, and top with the S shield on it, its alot more costume like, if not the traditional Superman costume.
Let me try to get this across one more time. I never said he wasn't willing to wear any kind of costume; he wouldn't get very far as an actor with that attitude. I said that he wasn't willing to wear the Superman costume specifically. There's a big difference, sartorially, between wearing a logo t-shirt and black duster and wearing tights and a cape in bright primary colors. Many today would consider the latter quite silly or embarrassing to wear.

Old October 7 2012, 12:54 AM   #26
the G-man
Commodore

I think the Donner Superman was something like 34 when he finally got back from his intergalactic training montage with the ghost of Jor-El
No. He had to be 29 or 30, tops. Clark was still in High School when Pa died. It was shortly after he discovered the fortress. Jor-el mentioned the training took either ten or twelve years (I think).
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 01:09 AM   #27
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
Is there any superhero team where the members are all the same person, but from different universes? So like you've got a badass normal version, a cyborg version, a wizard version, a mutated animal version, an opposite sex version, etc.
Not a superhero team in the traditional sense, but the Fringe Division characters on the show of the same name have super-genius polymaths and telekinetics with regenerative powers (amongst other powers), and have both fought against or teamed up with versions of themselves from alternate universes and timelines, along with AI shapeshifters, alien-like mostly evil future humans, and other amazing allies and enemies.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 01:18 AM   #28
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Didn't Alan Moore introduce multiple Supremes to the Supreme title? I think they have some sort of headquarters where they meet.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 01:57 AM   #29
wamdue
Admiral

Let me try to get this across one more time. I never said he wasn't willing to wear any kind of costume; he wouldn't get very far as an actor with that attitude. I said that he wasn't willing to wear the Superman costume specifically. There's a big difference, sartorially, between wearing a logo t-shirt and black duster and wearing tights and a cape in bright primary colors. Many today would consider the latter quite silly or embarrassing to wear.
you misunderstood my post, I was not so much commenting on Tom Welling not wanting to wear the costume, but on Clark Kent not wearing one, until the point he became The Blur. Any Clark Kent (whatever corner of the DC Multiverse, he exists in, has to be willing to wear one a costume at some stage, until the black "duster" he had not worn one. It was a step on the way to being Superman, that he wore a costume when he did his crime fighting.
Old October 7 2012, 03:23 AM   #30
Christopher
Writer

Well, yeah, that much is self-evident, but it's not what I was talking about. I specifically raised the subject of the actor's willingness, not the character's.