TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 10 2012, 02:07 PM   #106
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Halo 2 Anniversary

yet another HD-revamp of a past Halo title.

"Following the success of remake Halo Anniversary, 343 Industries has now started development of Halo 2 Anniversary," the magazine claims.
a possible Halo 2 remake could possibly figure into Microsoft’s 2013 release schedule, depending of course on the company’s plans for the Xbox 720.
The first ever HD Halo remake was released last year in the form of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition, which was a moderate success in both commercial and critical terms.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...opment-report/

via
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 06:33 PM   #107
Jax
Admiral

Re: Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

I would love to see Halo 2 get remade since I have never played it. Also it would give Halo fans something to play since I bet Halo 5 won't come out until the next X Box does so 2014 or 2015.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2012, 11:53 PM   #108
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

"Yet another" is a really odd way to characterize the second - still only rumored - remaster.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2012, 04:04 PM   #109
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

As a follow-up to the past few posts, 343 Industries denied that they are working on a Halo 2 HD remake.
343 Industries wrote:
We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy.

In more recent news, Halo 4 will be accompanied by a hideous custom console.
[...] bundle contains an exclusive, custom-designed console and two exclusive controllers inspired by the game, a standard edition copy of "Halo 4," a wired headset, a massive 320GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, and Xbox LIVE tokens for exclusive "Halo 4" in-game and avatar marketplace downloadable content. The "ring of light" on the console, as well as the Xbox Guide button of the controller will showcase a glowing blue color to match the overall "Halo 4" color scheme.
As previously mentioned, a live-action web series entitled Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is being produced to coincide with the release of the new game.
Set to debut October 5, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn tells the story of a young cadet named Lasky, and his time at an UNSC academy. The facility comes under attack during the early stages of the human/Covenant war, and a chance meeting with John-117 inspires this young man to become a better soldier. Eventually, Lasky will grow to become one of the Spartans aboard the UNSC Infinity, which is a key part of the story in Halo 4.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 06:40 PM   #110
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Re: Halo 4 web-series

There is a live-action web series done by Microsoft and 343 Industries on the Youtube machinima channel starting October 5 leading up to Halo 4 release.
See this thread in the science fiction forum:
'Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn' live-action web series
It is directed by Stewart Hendler who has only done another scifi web series H+ The Digital Series and some shorts.

Since no one has mentioned it I thought I would here.

Here is also a 5 minute behind-the-scenes video for the web series.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 09:56 PM   #111
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Ummm, did you read the post just above yours?

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2012, 12:12 AM   #112
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Here's a good look at the new weapon designs:

Halo 4 "Weapons of the UNSC" poster
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2012, 12:40 AM   #113
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Eh. *shrug* I'm not going to cancel my order, but a lot of the wind's been taken out of my sails by the developers' comments on how the Covenant won't have any English dialogue this time out.

The Grunts were some of my favorite characters in the game!

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2012, 04:42 AM   #114
MacLeod
Admiral

True, the Grunts had some good lines.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 08:08 PM   #115
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Forward Unto Dawn has debuted!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 08:58 PM   #116
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

Pervers Pépère wrote: View Post
Forward Unto Dawn has debuted!
Children playing Halo. Even the "general" looks like he's about twelve. Might as well go on Xbox Live.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 09:33 PM   #117
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile

What did you expect? The show is about a group of cadets, so of course they're going to be young.
And Mike Dopud who plays General Black hardly looks 12.

I enjoyed it. They've clearly put a lot of effort into the production to create the feeling and tone of the games as well as the previous live action shorts. Though in that regard they have a lot to live up to, because even for commercials, those live action shorts were extremely well done.

It was nice to see they got a actors who can actually act and have a screen presence beyond whatever dialog they're spouting.
I recognized several locations from other shows, namely BSG and Stargate and I wouldn't be surprised if those same woods served as the backdrop for numerous alien planets throughout stargate.

I'll definitely be tuning in for the next episode.

My YouTube Gaming Channel

Last edited by Jimi_James; October 6 2012 at 01:53 AM.
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 01:28 AM   #118
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

One nitpick: The gatling-equipped warthog. Why the fuck does that thing have a gatling mounted if this is supposed to be inside an academy? Did they think we wouldn't recognize it if it wasn't equipped with one?

(If it's a "sim" variant with less-than-lethal rounds, why the fuck is the general using it as a personal transport? You can still kill people with blanks and rubber bullets if they're too close, and they indicate that the sim rounds are probably just as lethal in CQC, so again, why wasn't that a troop transport variant like in Halo 3?)

To put this in perspective, I'm only bugged with this because it sticks out in an otherwise well-done episode.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 02:05 AM   #119
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Cryo: They're doing it wrong. (Though I'll admit that having everybody nude is a lot easier to do in text than in live-action video... )

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 02:23 AM   #120
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
Cryo: They're doing it wrong. (Though I'll admit that having everybody nude is a lot easier to do in text than in live-action video... )
I admit I'm not that well verse in Halo technology, but why do they use Cryo on ships that can go FTL?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote