PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I think the piercings are wonderful.

It's her body and she can do with it whatever she pleases. It doesn't distract from her beauty at all.

When ever I see someone say something like that about a person's piercings/tattoos, I can't help to wonder if said person would be as quick to judge about another's choice of attire. "You'd be really beautiful if it wasn't for that sweater," for example.

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    [​IMG]

Visiting my mother's house in PA this week.

3. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the boards! Looking great, the dreads work for you, as do the piercings!
    Did you just quote "Boston Legal"? :lol: Or was it as a man with a paintbrush said, "a happy little accident"?

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great pic. It could be a movie poster.

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I know I'm luckier one because of my children, who I love more then anything. We like to expose them to as many experiences as we can.

6. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I love Owls anyway. I jumped at the opportunity to see one that close and get a picture with him. :)
    It was! :D
    It errmm.. got lost in the post? ;)
    I assume you're talking about the Owl? :D

7. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

:lol: I've never seen Boston Legal!
    It is just as ridiculous, but even worse, because there's the added sense of superiority and implication that the individual has damaged themselves. I've had similar responses about my tattoos here on the board (told that I "ruined" my body, etc, etc). I love my tatts, and so could give a flying fuck what other people think of them, but these kind of remarks are terribly rude.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Very cool! For some reason your fleece really seems to fit the mood of the photo.

The closest I've ever gotten to holding a bird of prey was when I saw this in Budapest.

[​IMG]

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Indeed. Not that my opinion matters (only laika's ultimately does), but I think she looks lovely just as she is.

Welcome aboard, laika!

(tsq, I love your new hair color! :))

10. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Um... have you known anybody with facial piercings that got infections from them? I have. It can cause scarring. She's obviously young and I was just cautioning about being careful, that's all. I can't see how that would be more than a little creepy. As for aesthetics, I've seen some women put one small piercing on as an accent, but rarely this many. I think she's beautiful without them and expressed my opinion. If people think she's beautiful with the piercings that's there prerogative and I won't deride it. :rolleyes:

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

But she didn't ask what you thought of her piercings (or anything else), and the polite thing to do in a thread like this is either be complimentary or be quiet. I don't think it is the place to be criticizing anyone's life choices.

12. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Thanks!
    No. Just no. If you posted a picture of yourself and I commented, "I know cutting your hair that way is your choice and all, but you're so handsome, be careful not to let the barber make that mistake again in the future," that would be rude and insulting. What you wrote was even more rude and insulting. Again, if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.

13. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

love!

14. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Sorry for the double post, just haven't fig'd out how to multi-quote after orig post put up:

You are truly blessed but there are so many kids who do not seem to have such loving parents. So lovely to see!

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Criticizing others for "deriding you for your prerogative" while yourself deriding someone else's prerogative about their appearance with your unsolicited critique (not to mention deriding the opinion of the person you're quoting with the roll-eyes) takes a special lack of self-awareness.

You're not judging a movie, song, or TV show here, you're judging someone's appearance who you will interact with on the board, so the "It's just my opinion" excuse doesn't fly. You need to have some tact.

I don't know anyone who gets extensive piercings who is not aware of the potential issues relating to them, so your advice was completely unnecessary as well.

Since you didn't take the hint from the mod the first time, I'll flat out tell you to drop the issue from here on out, since I'm sure this is not the kind of discussion laika wanted to hear after she posted her picture. If you want to continue to complain, take it to my PM box.

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes... the owl. :shifty:

17. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Eh, some people have no manners. :vulcan: I forgot to say welcome to you, laika, and please do post more pictures. Don't let anyone put you off joining in and having fun around here.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's October and my mom's garden is still producing mass quantities of peppers. And some of them are quite large!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WTF? :lol:
    [​IMG]

Actually, those are just green beans that got way too big.

19. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

The last photo looks like runner beans to me, not green beans. If they are green beans they're freaking huge. :lol: Everything from your mother's garden looks very tasty.

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're probably right, she grows those, too. I don't know beans about beans...

Her peppers are awesome. This is the best year she's had since 2002 (known in our family as The Great Pepper Glut). I measured some of the peppers in the top photo- the biggest was 8 inches long. :eek: That's pretty big for that variety of pepper (New Mexico)!