RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,147
Posts: 5,343,568
Members: 24,591
Currently online: 549
Newest member: Ryq

TrekToday headlines

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 4 2012, 05:32 PM   #301
Mott the barber
Commodore
 
Mott the barber's Avatar
 
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Sho wrote: View Post
It's a good theory, but someone remarked that the Phase II screentest was already included as a DVD extra on some movie release before. I never actually saw it, but if it's been released before it can't be the big surprise, no?

Yeah it's really hard to say which way they're gonna go with that, but all the Ilia, Xon stuff, etc. has been seen so I hope its more than that.

But the average fan doesn't probably even know about Phase II and "The Child" and "Devil's Due" connections so it could very well be that.
__________________
It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became... because of you. --Miles O'Brien in "The Wounded"
Mott the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 09:59 PM   #302
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

A new interview for everyone - I spoke to David S. Grant and Ryan Adams, the execs overseeing the TNG-R project, and discussed everything from project history to sales figures to Season 2 to the future of Trek HD. Here's Part 1:

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/cbs_adamsgrant1.html
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 10:22 PM   #303
Jefferies
Captain
 
Jefferies's Avatar
 
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
A new interview for everyone - I spoke to David S. Grant and Ryan Adams, the execs overseeing the TNG-R project, and discussed everything from project history to sales figures to Season 2 to the future of Trek HD. Here's Part 1:

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/cbs_adamsgrant1.html
Cheers mate! Great interview and really informative I was surprised at how candidly the execs spoke about the project.

One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014? Also given this schedule will they continue to work with two teams after season 2 is released?
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 10:28 PM   #304
bullethead
Fleet Captain
 
bullethead's Avatar
 
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jefferies wrote: View Post
FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
A new interview for everyone - I spoke to David S. Grant and Ryan Adams, the execs overseeing the TNG-R project, and discussed everything from project history to sales figures to Season 2 to the future of Trek HD. Here's Part 1:

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/cbs_adamsgrant1.html
Cheers mate! Great interview and really informative I was surprised at how candidly the execs spoke about the project.

One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014? Also given this schedule will they continue to work with two teams after season 2 is released?
They probably have to keep using two teams in order to get that amount of work done. If CBS Digital couldn't do two seasons back to back, how can they do three, when the VFX get more and more complicated with each season.
__________________
A business man and engineer discuss how to launch a communications satellite in the 1960s:
Biz Dev Guy: Your communications satellite has to be the size, shape, and weight of a hydrogen bomb.
bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 10:32 PM   #305
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jefferies wrote: View Post
Cheers mate! Great interview and really informative I was surprised at how candidly the execs spoke about the project.

One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014? Also given this schedule will they continue to work with two teams after season 2 is released?
That's the plan, yes! Seasons 3, 4 and 5 next year followed by 6 and 7 in 2014.

The seasons are divided between the two teams, CBS Digital have the odd numbers, HTV Illuminate have the evens.

Glad you enjoyed it! Some GREAT stuff coming up from Ryan & David!
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 10:47 PM   #306
Grant
Fleet Captain
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Today Oct 4, the BBFC listed two supplements for season two---audio commentaries for 'Q Who' And 'Measure of a man'

'Measure runs 57min in the UK speeded video system, so right about 60 minutes in length (or 15 min longer than the standard episodes.

'Q Who' was the usual 45 min.

More supplements will no doubt be added to their site in coming days.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 10:49 PM   #307
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Jefferies wrote: View Post
Cheers mate! Great interview and really informative I was surprised at how candidly the execs spoke about the project.

One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014? Also given this schedule will they continue to work with two teams after season 2 is released?
That's the plan, yes! Seasons 3, 4 and 5 next year followed by 6 and 7 in 2014.

The seasons are divided between the two teams, CBS Digital have the odd numbers, HTV Illuminate have the evens.

Glad you enjoyed it! Some GREAT stuff coming up from Ryan & David!
I'm glad next year might be a 3 season year. It would seem to me that the more recent they get, the easier the task becomes (Not to mention the know-how to actually do it) but they really seem committed to bringing out the best possible product (Even with the audio issues). Still, it will be great that we don't have to wait till 2015 to get the entire series again and things might speed up.

Just curious, are you going to get into the special features conversation at all, like putting together the TNG documentary? I ask because if there was one thing that slightly disappointed me about the last interview is there was really no talk about the extras. Don't get me wrong, I loved the last interview, but if these guys are overseeing the entire project, will it be more general based questions?
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 11:09 PM   #308
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=tomalak301;7056661]
FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Just curious, are you going to get into the special features conversation at all, like putting together the TNG documentary? I ask because if there was one thing that slightly disappointed me about the last interview is there was really no talk about the extras. Don't get me wrong, I loved the last interview, but if these guys are overseeing the entire project, will it be more general based questions?
Special features are actually handled out of house, which is why they aren't so prevalent in the interviews so far. Season 2 special features will be discussed a bit in Part 2 of the Ryan/David interview.

I'm also making plans to cover the special features in more detail soon, so watch this space
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 12:05 AM   #309
Sho
Fleet Captain
 
Sho's Avatar
 
Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Another great interview, thanks!
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 12:26 AM   #310
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Cool news about the 3 sets next year. I was worried it was going to take them 4 or 5 years to finish the entire series. Lol
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 03:18 AM   #311
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=FrontierTrek;7056784]
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Just curious, are you going to get into the special features conversation at all, like putting together the TNG documentary? I ask because if there was one thing that slightly disappointed me about the last interview is there was really no talk about the extras. Don't get me wrong, I loved the last interview, but if these guys are overseeing the entire project, will it be more general based questions?
Special features are actually handled out of house, which is why they aren't so prevalent in the interviews so far. Season 2 special features will be discussed a bit in Part 2 of the Ryan/David interview.

I'm also making plans to cover the special features in more detail soon, so watch this space
Cool. As much as I have liked learning about the process, I still thought the highlight of Season 1 for me were the special features, really going behind the scenes of how the series was made and learning something new in the process. This is why I'm excited about the Diana Mualder interview, because if it's anything like Season 1, we're going to get some more insights on the behind the scenes with the cast and the trials and tribulations of creating this series. They almost make TNG new again (Along with the Visual effects) because it provides a new perspective.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 03:51 AM   #312
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jefferies wrote: View Post
One of the things they said was that CBS asked them to release the following amount of seasons per year: 2, 3, 2. Does that mean we are getting 3 seasons released in 2013 and will have them all by christmas 2014?
Probably more like summer 2014. If they release each season 18 weeks apart (there will be 19 weeks between S1 & S2), the schedule would look like this in the U.S.:

Season 3: April 9, 2013
Season 4: August 13, 2013
Season 5: December 17, 2013
Season 6: April 22, 2014
Season 7: August 26, 2014
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 03:54 AM   #313
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Then I should have all the seasons I'm interested in by the end of 2013.
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 03:56 AM   #314
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

BillJ wrote: View Post
Then I should have all the seasons I'm interested in by the end of 2013.
Really? I thought season 6 was pretty good.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 05:02 AM   #315
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Grant wrote: View Post
Today Oct 4, the BBFC listed two supplements for season two---audio commentaries for 'Q Who' And 'Measure of a man'

'Measure runs 57min in the UK speeded video system, so right about 60 minutes in length (or 15 min longer than the standard episodes.

'Q Who' was the usual 45 min.

More supplements will no doubt be added to their site in coming days.
Thanks for pointing that out. Though, I suspect that the actual running time of the extended "Measure" is exactly what the BBFC states -- that is, 57:31 -- even though they have that proviso about a 4% PAL speedup at the bottom of the page. The reason I think this is because the Star Trek: TNG Blu-ray's are the same 24fps everywhere in the world... so PAL speed isn't an issue.

So it's almost exactly 12 minutes longer than the broadcast version. I'm sure the "hybrid extended cut" is longer, however.
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.