Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old October 3 2012, 07:36 AM   #391
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: My first voyage with Voyager

I don't like the preserved look.

Give me honest dissolution any day.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:07 PM   #392
Mareika
Commander

Qutluch wrote: View Post
Resolutions
Favorite part: The whole episode. I am a big fan. Beltran actually gets a chance to act, and he is obviously more comfortable with the role of leading man, and we get to see Janeway as Janeway; not the Captain! They have great clothes, props, etc. The acting was superb and there were many subtle physical actions that really spiced up the scenes. It was also an interesting follow up to Tuvix. In Tuvix Janeway kind of gives in to her emotions when she decides to save Tuvok and Neelix and in this episode Tuvok does the same. It was an emotional decision to some degree. It may have been a bit of a common sense, based on the crews’ well-being mumbo jumbo, but in the end it was based on a feeling. He disobeyed; Tuvok disobeyed Janeway in order to save her and Chakotay even though he was rather certain they were falling into a trap. Is Tuvok’s decision correct, or by the same arguments did he fail even though it resulted in a happy ending—(for everyone but Chakotay).
I`m glad you liked it.
I love Resolutions. It`s one of my alltime favorites. Janeway and Chakotay are great together and the angry warrior speach is very touching.

Every time I watch it I`m thinking of two things
Kate Mulgrew on "Resolutions" at CREATION 17-18 AUGUST 1996, NOVI, MICHIGAN:

During the original first take of the "Resolutions"angry warrior scene, Kate cried profusely because Chakotay's speech toJaneway was so beautiful. The director had her tone it down for the finaltake. Kate feels that the commitment Chakotay declared for Janeway is such a beautiful sentiment that it would make anyone cry. She called her co-star "my divine Robert Beltran" and said that one night after shooting very late, she found him standing outside staring out at the stars. He told her he was thinking of trying prayer on a mystic level. At this, she looked athim dreamily and said, "Will you marry me?"
It`s from this site
http://www.littlereview.com/kmas/nowvoy12.txt

and 2.
the alternate end of Resolutions" with a kiss between Janeway and Chakotay.

Last edited by Mareika; October 3 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: error
Mareika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:18 PM   #393
Qutluch
Commander

Mareika wrote: View Post
Qutluch wrote: View Post
Resolutions
Favorite part: The whole episode. I am a big fan. Beltran actually gets a chance to act, and he is obviously more comfortable with the role of leading man, and we get to see Janeway as Janeway; not the Captain! They have great clothes, props, etc. The acting was superb and there were many subtle physical actions that really spiced up the scenes. It was also an interesting follow up to Tuvix. In Tuvix Janeway kind of gives in to her emotions when she decides to save Tuvok and Neelix and in this episode Tuvok does the same. It was an emotional decision to some degree. It may have been a bit of a common sense, based on the crews’ well-being mumbo jumbo, but in the end it was based on a feeling. He disobeyed; Tuvok disobeyed Janeway in order to save her and Chakotay even though he was rather certain they were falling into a trap. Is Tuvok’s decision correct, or by the same arguments did he fail even though it resulted in a happy ending—(for everyone but Chakotay).
I`m glad you liked it.
I love Resolutions. It`s one of my alltime favorites. Janeway and Chakotay are great together and the angry warrior speach is very touching.

Every time I watch it I`m thinking of two things
Kate Mulgrew on "Resolutions" at CREATION 17-18 AUGUST 1996, NOVI, MICHIGAN:

During the original first take of the "Resolutions"angry warrior scene, Kate cried profusely because Chakotay's speech toJaneway was so beautiful. The director had her tone it down for the finaltake. Kate feels that the commitment Chakotay declared for Janeway is such a beautiful sentiment that it would make anyone cry. She called her co-star "my divine Robert Beltran" and said that one night after shooting very late, she found him standing outside staring out at the stars. He told her he was thinking of trying prayer on a mystic level. At this, she looked athim dreamily and said, "Will you marry me?"
It`s from this site
http://www.littlereview.com/kmas/nowvoy12.txt

and 2.
the alternate end of Resolutions" with a kiss between Janeway and Chakotay.
Thank you! I am so happy to hear a positive review!
Old October 3 2012, 08:11 PM   #394
Madzilla
Lieutenant

View Madzilla's Twitter Profile

Another positive review here. (I don't think it's very popular on this board because I don't think there are many J/C fans here, for one thing.)

One of my favourite episodes. Anything else aside, it's so nice to see them get a chance to actually get to know each other as something other than Captain and First Officer - and even if it didn't lead to romance, I've always thought it cemented the deep friendship they shared throughout the series.

And, c'mon, he built her a bathtub. I'm sure some of my cavities are from the number of times I've watched this episode.
Madzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 11:15 PM   #395
teacake
Admiral

How long were they on the planet? I couldn't find an exact amount of time.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 4 2012, 12:31 AM   #396
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

this happened after Tuvok trounced the Vidiians...

Very nicely. We should have vine-ripened Talaxian tomatoes in a couple of months, unless this planet has the equivalent of tomato bugs. Oh, they're awful.
then two scenes later Voyager is in orbit and...
[Outside the shelter]
(The tomatoes are suddenly nearly full grown. Janeway and Chakotay are back in uniform and not looking too happy. All the equipment is packed up.)
CHAKOTAY: Ready?
(The primate turns up.)
JANEWAY: There you are. At least I get to say good bye. Feel free to use the house. Janeway to Voyager. Two to beam up.
point is that she hadn't been growing the Tomatoes for as long as it took the tomatoes to grow since Tuvok got as far away from the planet as he could before she planted them and then had to come all the way back over their own tracks. (Janeway makes too many enemies. She would have had to have charted an alternate, certainly longer, route to circumnavigate all the federations new enemies she had made. Kudos to Captain Tuvok.)

Several months times 2.

They could have been on that planet for half a hear or longer.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2012, 12:08 PM   #397
teacake
Admiral

Not really long enough for Chak to have given up on being rescued IMO.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 4 2012, 03:58 PM   #398
R. Star
Rear Admiral

^
Why? They ordered Voyager not to contact the Viidians and go home. Unless you're saying they somehow expected Tuvok to disobey and return months later after essentially wasting that amount of time, then why? There's enough things to be critical of Chakotay about without digging for things like this.
Old October 4 2012, 11:49 PM   #399
teacake
Admiral

I'm not digging. It's Voyager and Voyager's crew which Janeway has a great opinion of. It's also Janeway herself, the scientist Janeway who is ever an optimist and ever expecting to find solutions. I wouldn't be hitting on her until she had clearly given in and resigned herself to the situation and that sure wouldn't be after some months.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 5 2012, 12:21 AM   #400
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Janeway was engaged.

Chakotay didn't even mention Mark in his big "I'm going to bang you" speech because he doesn't respect her commitments and promises to herself and others.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2012, 12:29 AM   #401
teacake
Admiral

It's Seska's fault. She damaged him and now he is all wounded and stuff.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 5 2012, 01:39 AM   #402
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Yes and Mark was SOOOOO important to Janeway you can count the number of times he was mentioned on one hand. Heck did she ever even once talk about him to Chakotay before the Dear John letter scene? Certainly Janeway didn't raise it as an issue when objecting to Chakotay's advances.

Besides, remember Prime Factors? Janeway was about to make out with that French Magistrate until Ensign Cockblock stopped her. And that was at a time when she had every reasonable expectation of getting home.
Old October 5 2012, 02:28 AM   #403
teacake
Admiral

Janeway was in pain. She was separated from her fianc-- Beloved Dog. She couldn't be expected to be babbling about her feelings to her inferiors.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 6 2012, 12:53 AM   #404
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
Yes and Mark was SOOOOO important to Janeway you can count the number of times he was mentioned on one hand. Heck did she ever even once talk about him to Chakotay before the Dear John letter scene? Certainly Janeway didn't raise it as an issue when objecting to Chakotay's advances.

Besides, remember Prime Factors? Janeway was about to make out with that French Magistrate until Ensign Cockblock stopped her. And that was at a time when she had every reasonable expectation of getting home.

Yes she did! I remember it was in one of the first episodes in season 1, when they talked about fraternisation. She said its natural that people turn to one another or something like that. And Chuckles asked her, if that also applies to the captain. She answered that as a captain she doesn't have the luxury and besides she intends to get home before Mark thinks she is dead. (Or something along those lines.)

But he wouldn't be the first male to hear only what he wants to hear and forget about the rest...
(no offense)
Old October 6 2012, 01:04 AM   #405
teacake
Admiral

This was in Elogium.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne