RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,357
Posts: 5,503,154
Members: 25,121
Currently online: 518
Newest member: almehtabshaikh

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

View Poll Results: Grade "The Angels Take Manhattan"
The girl who waited 100 64.52%
Something borrowed 35 22.58%
Average 10 6.45%
Is it bad that I really miss this? 3 1.94%
You're Scottish, fry something 7 4.52%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 3 2012, 10:16 AM   #331
Deckerd
Fleet Arse
 
Deckerd's Avatar
 
Location: the Frozen Wastes
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Matt Smith is definitely a more alien Doctor than the previous two.
__________________
They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.
Deckerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 10:20 AM   #332
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral
 
Hanukkah Solo's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
Matt Smith is definitely a more alien Doctor than the previous two.
Which is why I think he's become my favorite of the three. He isn't just some goofy guy running around getting into trouble.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 02:39 PM   #333
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral
 
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Unless you're wrong, in which case you've just altered a fixed point in time.
It's just like replacing the Doctor with a lookalike robot. In this case, you're planting a headstone to keep up appearances.

Mr Awe
The Doctor didn't replace himself with a lookalike robot. The Tessalect always was shot, he was just mistaken about it being the Doctor.
Exactly, the tombstone was always fake, he was just mistaken about it being a real tombstone with Rory and Amy beneath it.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 04:13 PM   #334
Ghost Bones
Captain
 
Ghost Bones's Avatar
 
Location: Ghost Blighty
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
Matt Smith is definitely a more alien Doctor than the previous two.
Which is why I think he's become my favorite of the three. He isn't just some goofy guy running around getting into trouble.
We must be watching a different show. In fact, I'd think I was watching a magic mirror if I was Jar Jar Binks watching the Eleventh Doctor.
__________________
Try not to talk about me, it's only giving me what I want after all, and I do more than enough laughing already.
Ghost Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 04:35 PM   #335
Deckerd
Fleet Arse
 
Deckerd's Avatar
 
Location: the Frozen Wastes
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Well he is a goofy guy running around getting into trouble but there's something other worldly about him. I never got that from the others.
__________________
They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.
Deckerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 05:50 PM   #336
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post

It's just like replacing the Doctor with a lookalike robot. In this case, you're planting a headstone to keep up appearances.

Mr Awe
The Doctor didn't replace himself with a lookalike robot. The Tessalect always was shot, he was just mistaken about it being the Doctor.
Exactly, the tombstone was always fake, he was just mistaken about it being a real tombstone with Rory and Amy beneath it.

Mr Awe
Unless you are wrong, in which case New York has blown up. That's the point you're missing. You could be right, however, the Doctor, who is usually pretty good about figuring these things out, thinks you are wrong.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 06:20 PM   #337
Ghost Bones
Captain
 
Ghost Bones's Avatar
 
Location: Ghost Blighty
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
Well he is a goofy guy running around getting into trouble but there's something other worldly about him. I never got that from the others.
Aside from his big weird face, he's no more alien than any ADHD child whose orange squash someone forgot to dilute. Even Christopher "miner from down the pit" Eccleston was more alien, and he spent all the time eating chips and trying to shag bimbo chavs.
__________________
Try not to talk about me, it's only giving me what I want after all, and I do more than enough laughing already.
Ghost Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 06:53 PM   #338
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Arendelle
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
Well he is a goofy guy running around getting into trouble but there's something other worldly about him. I never got that from the others.
Aside from his big weird face, he's no more alien than any ADHD child whose orange squash someone forgot to dilute. Even Christopher "miner from down the pit" Eccleston was more alien, and he spent all the time eating chips and trying to shag bimbo chavs.
I'd toss out the lot of them for the return of FOUR.
__________________
"You should never give up on family -- even if they say harsh things and create snow monsters to make you go away."

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 06:53 PM   #339
Deckerd
Fleet Arse
 
Deckerd's Avatar
 
Location: the Frozen Wastes
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

You don't see it but I think most people do. There's something of the night about this Doctor.
__________________
They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.
Deckerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:00 PM   #340
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Smith is also the only Doctor I've sen so far that truly scares me. He's happy and running around having adventures a lot of the time, but piss him off, and he will make you wish you'd never met him. I've watched "A Good Man Goes to War" half a dozen times, and the scene with him and Colonel Runaway still gives me chills.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:08 PM   #341
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

I'm surprised people didn't see these qualities in number nine.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:10 PM   #342
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

I had a hard time watching Nine. I just couldn't help feeling like Eccleston didn't want to be there.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:30 PM   #343
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Arendelle
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
You don't see it but I think most people do. There's something of the night about this Doctor.
There's "something of the night" in every Doctor. Four had his deadly serious moments, too, so did Three and One was officious and dour for most of his run.

I'm only reacting like this because it feels to me like people have too easily forgotten that there were eight other Doctors before the crop we're discussing, and the newbies are all light-years behind a couple of the old guard in terms of sheer awesomeness. In my eyes, that makes the debate about whether Nine, Ten or Eleven is better or more mature or what have you pointless. None of them will ever match up to Four. None of them will ever match up to Three.

(deep breath) Rant over. Back to the sub-topic.

There's been a Regression of maturity. Nine was most mature, but with a frat boy streak. Ten's maturity came with screeching and whining. And Eleven...sorry...is a man-child with ADHD. It's just blatant.
__________________
"You should never give up on family -- even if they say harsh things and create snow monsters to make you go away."

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 07:41 PM   #344
Deckerd
Fleet Arse
 
Deckerd's Avatar
 
Location: the Frozen Wastes
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

I'm sorry but I don't remember any of the old ones aside from their faces. No memory of the way they acted. I can only speak of what I do know which is the last 3. Rant all you like, that's the way it is.
__________________
They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.
Deckerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 08:51 PM   #345
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral
 
Hanukkah Solo's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: 7X05 The Angels Take Manhattan (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Frau Blucher wrote: View Post
Matt Smith is definitely a more alien Doctor than the previous two.
Which is why I think he's become my favorite of the three. He isn't just some goofy guy running around getting into trouble.
We must be watching a different show. In fact, I'd think I was watching a magic mirror if I was Jar Jar Binks watching the Eleventh Doctor.
I'm fairly certain you've been watching a different show for years now.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.