Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 3 2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Well, sadly (for me) one of my favorite sitcoms of all time is coming to an end after 7 seasons.

What will become of the adorable Liz Lemon? Will she end up having a baby with Cyclops? Will Jack take over Kabletown? Will Jenna's wedding, to a Jenna impersonator, be a by-the-book affair? Will we finally learn the truth behind Kenneth's age mystery? What will happen to Pete? To Frank? Will Lutz finally get the respect he deserves?

30 Rock is, IMHO, so incredibly clever and funny. Tina Fey is a national treasure, with her geeky Star Wars awkwardness. Alec Baldwin's Jack Donaghy is a right wing nightmare, so commanding.

So if you're a 30 Rock fan, pull up a chair, reminisce about your favorite episodes, and enjoy the last hurrah.

First episode is Thursday, October 4th.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

30 Rock is my favorite current sit-com! It's officially the final season? I hadn't heard that! That sucks!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 02:59 AM   #3
the G-man
Commodore

I'm a fan but I feel like the show ran its course even before the prior season. Both Liz and Jack seem to be getting progressively stupider as the show goes on.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

If it doesn't end with the reveal that the entire show was Kenneth doing a tour in the distant future or some such, I'll be very disappointed.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 01:49 PM   #5

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
If it doesn't end with the reveal that the entire show was Kenneth doing a tour in the distant future or some such, I'll be very disappointed.
Very early in the series, Jack said of Kenneth "We'll all end up working for him....or dead by his hand."

I think Kenneth is a great character ("Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament.”), and I love all the hints they've dropped over the years.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old October 3 2012, 06:36 PM   #6
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Oh yeah, he's grown into one of my favorite characters. I didn't care much for him at first until I started noticing all those little hints. And even though they're a little more blatant now, I still love keeping my eyes and ears open for them. I love those jokes that make you pause and think for a moment.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 08:51 PM   #7
the G-man
Commodore

Oh yeah, he's grown into one of my favorite characters. I didn't care much for him at first until I started noticing all those little hints. And even though they're a little more blatant now....
In a small way, it reminds me of the slow reveal about Dietrich on Barney Miller. Though, of course, they are two completely different types of characters.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2012, 09:16 PM   #8

Oh yeah, he's grown into one of my favorite characters. I didn't care much for him at first until I started noticing all those little hints. And even though they're a little more blatant now, I still love keeping my eyes and ears open for them. I love those jokes that make you pause and think for a moment.
"WHO SAYS I'VE BEEN ALIVE FOREVER?!!?"
Old October 3 2012, 09:33 PM   #9
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

I'm looking forward to the new season but I'm sad it's the last one. I only started watching it a few years ago and got caught in the space of a few weeks so it doesn't feel like it's been on that long to me.
Old October 8 2012, 03:27 PM   #10

Well, we knew Jenna was going to be the Brdie from Hell, but that dove scene was even more than I expected! Poor Lutz...LOL. And her destroying Liz's apartment was pretty good too.

Meanwhile, Hazel is saving herself for "a Grade A Pork Machine"...but those are very expensive. I'm still not quite sure what to make of Hazel.
Old October 8 2012, 04:42 PM   #11
Mr Light
Admiral

I never get tired of them ragging on NBC

You're trying to destroy the network?! This explains everything! How long has this been going on? Seven years? Eight?!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 04:09 AM   #12
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

"Then on Jay a full hour of Gary Sinise's band!"

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 03:37 PM   #13

Personally, I can't wait to see Joe Rogan as Mandela.

I smell Emmy!

Old October 12 2012, 06:54 PM   #14

It might just be my glaucoma medicine talking, but I thought the Governor Dunston episode was hilarious. Very crisp, great dialogue. I thought it was great, "like when BP heroically tried to lubricate the Gulf of Mexico."

Good to see Cooter back, that poor bastard.

Bryan Cranston was inspired as Kenneth's step dad Ron. And this was an excellent Jenna episode. "I just got an idea for a song: Rum-Soaked Tampon!"

Oh, and I almost forgot the scene in the office supply store. Classic.
Old October 12 2012, 08:04 PM   #15
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I liked last nights episode but I am starting to find Jenna annoying, even more than Tracy. Everything with Jack, Liz, and Criss was great though.